Exclusive
Major Crimes Greg Rikaart

Major Crimes Books Young and Restless Vet Greg Rikaart for Pivotal Arc

Major Crimes‘ Alice Herrera mystery has taken a soapy twist.

The Young and the Restless‘ Greg Rikaart is joining the TNT drama for a multi-episode arc in the role of Bobby G. Monroe, a confident young lawyer and anti-death penalty activist who is currently defending Slider (Garrett Coffey), the young man awaiting trial for the murder of Alice Herrera.

Rikkart, who will juggle his Major Crimes stint with his ongoing Y&R duties, will first appear during the second half of the show’s recently-expanded fourth season (which resumes November 2).

Coincidentally, among the Emmy winner’s primetime credits is a 2005 guest stint on Major Crimes‘ sister series The Closer.

1. Mr. Tran K says:

Can’t imagine seeing Kevin Fisher from Y&R guest starring on Major Crimes. That’s something.

2. Ben Kabak says:

Love him

3. Jan says:

Terrific news!

4. colig says:

i hope they booked him to kill Rusty once and for all so this show is watchable again.

• Nitemar says:

They ‘re stuck with him and its like if they can’t figure out what to do with the actor anymore so they decided to come up with this arc arc, and by the look if it, he’s in for evvvr. :(

• DL says:

I didn’t like his character at first, but he’s actually grown on me a lot. I really enjoy the family dynamic between him and Sharon.

• Mandy Reynolds says:

You and me, both. Granted he started out annoying me–but he has improved and doesn’t bother me at all.

5. Anjoinette says:

I love Greg on Y&R. So I know I will love him on Major Crimes too. Congrats Greg!!

6. Tom says:

Greg is a talented actor. He also served as an aide or page in Congress. I wish him the best. I loved his idea of playing a gay character on Y&R. This man has class!

7. Mm says:

This is wonderful! I’m a huge fan of Greg’s and he is a terrific actor and person. He had a guest appearance on The Closer 10 years ago or so, so I’m guessing this is a different part (that character was cray-cray). Truly, this made my day!

8. Maxsmom says:

there is so much to love about Major Crimes, Rusty Beck is not one of them. I cannot believe the Alice story wasn’t wrapped in the summer finale. I don’t want to give up Provenza, Flynn, Sanchez, and Tao but enough Rusty already.

9. Tammy Davidson says:

You will be very busy. You are smart and intelligent. I like your role as “Kevin” on Y &R.

10. Kathleen says:

Congratulations to Greg Rikkart on his new role on Major Crimes. Greg is a great actor and I watch him on Y&R every day.
    Great job and looking forward to seeing you on Major Crimes!

11. Gail says:

Greg is such a wonderful actor, now he’ll be on two of my favorite shows!

12. Roxanne says:

Can’t wait to see this arc. Greg is a phenomenal actor!

13. Evelyn Meyer says:

All well and good if you could get the lead to speak up instead of chewing her words without opening her mouth. I love the show but miss whatever she is trying to say constantly.

14. He is a great actor, good for him, love Major Crimes

15. Linda Fryer says:

He is a great actor. I love how he is now a legitimate character on Y&R instead of a terribly confused person he once portrayed. He is so smart of the soap. He will do a great job on one of our favorite shows, Major Crimes.

16. Soso says:

As long as he stays on the Y & R. Congratulations Greg!! <3

17. Dot Petrie says:

He is a great Actor and I’m very happy for him. Congrats to you & can’t wait to see you in this new role…you’ll be fantastic!

18. Love Greg, (Kevin) hope he never leave The Young and the Restless

19. Greg (Kevin) you are way too funny on Y&R. Congrats on this new gig as long as you don’t leave GC.

20. Betty Crump says:

I have been watching Greg on Major Crimes, he has been wonderful, he really is a great actor! I love him on Y and R!