Exclusive

Gotham Promo: Riddler, Tigress, a Joker and More Ruin Jim Gordon's 'New Day'

The villainy will be coming at Gotham‘s Detective Jim Gordon from all sides, as seen in the latest promo for Season 2 of Fox’s DC Comics-based drama.

As Jim and GCPD Captain Essen (played by Ben McKenzie and Zabryna Guevara) look forward to “a new day” in light of the underworld power shifts that transpired in the freshman finale, we catch glimpse of foes familiar and new, from Penguin and Victor Zaasz to Edward Nygma’s emerging Riddler. From billionaire baddie Theo Galvan and his sister Tabitha aka Tigress (James Frain and Jessica Lucas) to that real joker of a circus vet, Jerome Valeska (Cameron Monaghan).

Who will have the last laugh as Gotham unspools Season 2 starting, Sept. 21? One very giddy ginger certainly has Theo’s vote!

Press PLAY above to get a 10-cent tour of all the villainy on tap for Season 2.

1. Mr. Tran K says:

This promo gives me the chills. Hope Season 2 is going to be much better than Season 1.

2. LADY_in_MD says:

Ok this is giving me hope for season 2
    Watched all of season 1 hoping for something but it didn’t live up to what I thought it would be this promo looks like they are keeping with their promise of a better season 2

3. I like this Joker. I’m just worried it’s all a red herring and he’s not the real Joker. Like Smallville’s Jimmy Olsen.

• DL says:

Yeah, Cameron Monaghan’s guest spot was one the highlights of season 1 for me. He’s really perfect as young Joker. The writers were non-committal at first as to whether Monaghan’s character was in fact meant to be Joker but now they’re a lot more willing to play that up. So I can only hope his performance convinced them and that they’re now going for it.

• Whatever says:

Cameron wanted his version to be THE Joker and worked very hard on it even though it was only a villain of the week. Well done kiddo!

• lrdslvrhnd says:

Yeah, they’re REALLY pushing him as the future Joker, hard. Too hard, perhaps….
      That said, he’s a phenomenal Joker-to-be, and if they don’t go that path, they’d better find an even better one to replace him!
      …Am I the only one who really dislike’s Cat’s new hairstyle? Ugh.

4. Jess says:

definitely watching this season. I can’t wait for FALL TV to start. I miss all of favorite shows.

5. lame says:

Let’s see more of the evolution of Bruce Wayne. The series seems to forget about the central figure on whom the series is based . The few episodes written about his adventures into the under belly of Gotham and meeting his peers are some of the more imaginative and interesting .

• lrdslvrhnd says:

The central figure on whom the series is based is Jim Gordon. The show has *always* been about him, with Bruce’s evolution into Batman being tangental. Bruce needs to be able to leave to get all the training that turns him into Batman, and “Gotham” needs to be able to continue when that happens. And if they make the show all about Bruce… either he will never leave, or the show will end when he does. For the show to continue after S4 or 5 or so, it *needs* to be not about Bruce.

6. Joey Padron says:

Preview for new season looks so good. Excited to see season 2 next month!

7. liam5794 says:

I really can’t wait until Season 2 begins. Just knowing we get more of Cameron Monaghan’s “Joker” is enough to make me tune in. He’s great on Shameless and incredible on Gotham.

8. Bill says:

Can’t wait- looks good

9. 'A' Is Alive says:

So I know they started filming s2 around late May/early June and have like 5 or 6 episodes completed, but what about Cameron Monaghan? Shameless hit production in July and I know he’s committed to that show (since he’s a regular there) so will his character on Gotham disappear for a while and come back when Shameless is wrapped (around September/October)?

10. Lauren says:

I think I actually prefer Cam’s joker to Leto’s so far. You know? ;-)

11. Dennis says:

I hope
    This season isn’t too comical… I kinda liked the dark moody approach to season one

12. Dennis says:

Yeah! How will Cameron do both Gotham and Shameless?!

13. Amanda says:

Barbara is back? Ugh. Her storyline was so bizarre and inconsistent. What villain is she supposed to be?