Was The Fosters' NuJesus a Big Shock? Is the Colonel Less Creepy? Did The Strain Waste a Return? And More TV Qs

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Girl Meets World, The Fosters, Zoo and Graceland!

Girl Meets World Jack1 | As much as we loved seeing Eric and Jack reunite on Girl Meets World, isn’t it weird that they didn’t know they were meeting each other? What kind of senator sets up a meeting with a potential business associate without asking for his name? (Bonus question: Lucas or Charlie?!)

2 | Any Defiance fans make the mistake of watching Kindzi chow on T’evgin’s… whatever … during your dinnertime?

3 | Was there a Masters of Sex drinking game this week that we didn’t know about? Were we supposed to drink every time someone said “mollycoddle,” or what? And are we going crazy or was Tessa borderline-bearable this week?

Ray Donovan4 | Showtime absolutely needs to spin off Grace Zabriskie’s Armenian Ray Donovan crime boss into her own show, yes?

5 | Excited as we are about Humans scoring a renewal at AMC, wouldn’t its Season 1 finale have been a fairly satisfying series finale?

6 | Were you shocked/disappointed to see The Strain cut Fitzwilliams’ return so short? And did the way the Feelers nimbly scaled walls remind you of Falling Skies‘ Skitters?

7 | How exactly does Last Week Tonight‘s John Oliver plan to outdo his “Our Lady of Perpetual Exemption” segment? And did anyone call the number he so passionately advertised at the end of the show?

8 | As much as we like to kvetch about NBC’s Today, wasn’t Kathie Lee Gifford’s return following husband Frank’s death one of the much moving things you saw this week?

9 | The Fosters fans, how jarring was the sight of recast Jesus (who is now taller than Brandon!)? Perhaps his shirt should say, “Pray No One Notices How Different I Look”?

VIDEOS Chasing Life Preview: April Discovers Leo’s Final Gift, Lashes Out at Dominic

10 | Between Chasing Life‘s cancer storylines and now April being a widow, does the ABC Family drama have the toughest, “It’s not that depressing, I swear!” sell on TV?

Murder in the First11 | Murder in the First, can your detectives be a bit less conspicuous when speaking into their comms during a stake-out?

13 | Was the cross-promotion of So You Think You Can Dance and Empire — meaning, the remaining dancers all had to perform their solos to an Empire tune — totally necessary? And how is it possible the show has not had a single contestant in its 12-season history mention on air that he or she is gay? To that end, did you find this week’s “What you need to know about me” packages — with several kids clearly trying to declare their homosexuality via subtext — comically out-of-touch or downright infuriating?

RELATED Ratings: Rats! Zoo Hits New Lows

14 | Zoo‘s rat queen ordering her minions to attack — anyone else still shuddering? Also, where’s Vasily Fet when you need him??
20Qs-Zoo15 | Are you hoping Mr. Robot will someday give us an origin story for Tyrell and Joanna?

16 | Where among America’s Next Top Model’s wackiest challenges does “Strut with style while walking off of a high girder” rank?

17 | Be honest: As pretty as Graceland’s Paige looked in her white dress, didn’t it read as a bathrobe at first glance? Also, at this point there is no way would Mike hold onto his job in the real world, correct?

18 | Beauty and the Beast‘s Heather becoming an encyclopedic beast-ly history buff: cool way to involve her, or GMAB! material?

19 | With Mistresses‘ Joss and Calista both behind bars, are we about to get the Prison Break reboot we didn’t know we wanted, and a lot earlier than expected?

KFC20| SNL vet Norm Macdonald’s “Colonel” — less creepy…?

21 | Would you almost rather see Arrow’s Stephen Amell on American Ninja Warrior versus in a WWE ring? And while we’re talking ANW, which obstacle would take you out first: that movable peg-board thing or the dizzying barrel-roll-balance-combo?

1. Mr. Tran K says:

I’m not so sure if Norm MacDonald’s “Colonel” is less creepy than Darrell Hammond’s.

2. new Jesus Foster is something I didn’t know I wanted until I saw him. :D tbh I wanted the character back and the new actor looking good was just a bonus.

• The second coming of Jesus worked for me. It’s the horrible Crandon story line that causes me to puke. And how Stef calls everyone “Love”–after a point, it diminishes the word. Season one of this show was excellent, but it’s becoming a sluggish, lazy, boring show at this point. And please, much less Rosie O’Donnell next season. Thank you for allowing me to vent.

{showing self out}

• Jamie says:

Honestly, I vom a little in my mouth every time Callie and Brandon have an inkling of a romantic storyline. I’m really gonna need that to be dead and buried from now on.

• ale says:

the dude is way hotter than the other one

• Anna says:

I like the new Jesus so far. Plus, I appreciated his mom acknowledging the recast: “Oh my god, you’ve gotten so tall – what are they feeding you??”

• bar says:

I found that line cheesy, obvious, and not at all coverage for such a drastic change (skin tone, face, everything was different), but oh well. I was initially like “I hate this” but then soon “this is just a change I’m going to need to accept.” Also what are you people talking about? New Jesus was okay looking, but Jake T. Austin’s shirtless scenes used to have me in love.

• Ari says:

I like that they acknowledged the change. I hope they continue to so that like Roseanne did with the two Beckys.

3. tallsy says:

8. I knew that Frank had a rough upbringing, but I was still moved by Kathie Lee’s tribute.
    15. of course.
    17. At this point, all of them should have, and Paige should have more than lost her job. And as far as last night’s SNAFU, that was more Briggs fault.
    21. More interested in WWE.

4. wrstlgirl says:

That was the best Zoo episode ever. Those rats were hilarious!!!

• dan says:

It was creepy in the “Saturday afternoon creature feature” segment of your local tv station’s horror movie from the 70s! The rats cascading out of the elevator was gross, disgusting and hysterical at the same time. When they rats pounced on the exterminator I had the MJ song “Ben” running through my mind. Classic episode (if a show like Zoo can have a classic episode).

5. Travis says:

I think you should re-watch the Girl Meets World scene… Eric knew Jack was the person he would be meeting. He even says “I know what all my friends are doing, what I don’t know is why?” He even knew he was there as he said “Well Agent LeChance, this might be the start of the best friendship since…Jack, who was that guy I used to know (as he turns to Jack)” The reaction at that point wasn’t of surprise but excited happiness to see his friend.

6. #11 There is a good deal of suspension of disbelief in Murder Int he First. These are like the WORST COPS EVER. Constantly contaminating crime scenes, gettin unadmissable evidence, etc.

7. Luis says:

20. I have no idea what’s in the water at KFC’s advertising agency, but they probably shouldn’t pee in a cup any time soon.

21. I would love to see Amell do the Salmon Ladder on ANW, but would it look right if Emily wasn’t somewhere in the background, looking doe-eyed and slack-jawed?

8. Win says:

Yes! Ever since the Scrubs “Call-Turk” number (and The Tod website) turned out to be real, and of course, the amazingness that is Callin’ Oates, I will be that weirdo(?) who calls the non-555 TV numbers because what is on the other end is usually quite delightful.

9. Laura says:

7 – I called and it was so, so worth it.

10. HAP says:

Norm MacDonald is KFC’s colonel!

• dan says:

Norm MacDonald is slightly less creepy than Darrell Hammond as the Colonel. Why did KFC feel the need to bring the character back? Seems so outdated and not funny.

11. BrightLight says:

4. Grace Zabriskie just needs her own show, period. She’s one of the few actors/actresses that always steal the scenes in whatever show they are in. (i,e, Twin Peaks and Big Love)
    14. Zoo is the one program on TV right guaranteed to make me have a panic attack while watching it.
    20. I think all the Colonel Sanders are creepy since I know the real Colonel is dead. Plus I still don’t see what the point of the commercials are.

12. LADY_in_MD says:

11 | Murder in the First, can your detectives be a bit less conspicuous when speaking into their comms during a stake-out? -That was so annoying and then to wonder why the drop didnt work out Uh maybe cause you all got made….This season has been a little too all over the place for me not like last season that focused on one storyline. I like the union storyline but this thing with Sugar is annoying.

12 | There’s no way Devious Maids isn’t going to reunite the Powells and their foster son Deion, right? Right?-If Deion does not come back on next week’s finale I hope Evelyn leaves Mr. Powell for good I would love to see the two of them in divorce court. Also are we to assume that Spence is dead? I hope not!

13. dan says:

12) On Devious Maids: the Powells will most certainly reunite with Deion in Monday’s season finale. It has to happen! That would be a great way to end their storyline if there is no season four. Also, Zoila and Genvieve need to live happily ever after with the new baby while Carmen is reunited with her long-lost daughter (most certainly the girl that the Stoppards “adopted” and are hiding in their house). Unfortunately, Rosie will reunite with Spence (if he is alive) and continue babbling in baby talk. As to who killed Blanca and the tennis pro (or was he a golf pro?), I vote for either Jesse (Marisol’s boy toy) or the lady who employed Zoila last week (I can’t think of her character’s name).

• LADY_in_MD says:

I think it was Sebastian who killed them my theory is that he was having an affair with Taylor and they saw the tennis pro guy sneaking around thinking it was someone coming after Katie and he killed the tennis guy and Blanca since she was on to them

• dan says:

It could be Sebastian, but then the character of Jesse was completely meaningless. He showed up, got involved with Marisol, then left. It didn’t move any story along. Sebastian moved the Carmen storyline forward (by ending her singing career). Either Jesse’s character was a complete red herring (in which case it worked to fool me) or he needs to be involved in the murder mystery. Maybe he and Sebastian worked together!

• LADY_in_MD says:

now that would be a twist! Him and Sebastian working together or maybe he is an undercover cop (I remember him having a gun and making a weird phone call) investigating Katie and the Cartel? This is why i love this show so many ways the storyline can go….do you think Spence is dead?

14. Kate says:

5. As that was filmed long before the series even began airing let alone renewed, they had to assume that eight episodes were it and only leave a little wondering for a season 2 if there were to be one.

6. Not so much disappointed by his short lived appearance (it gives me great hope that Dark Matters gets a second season where it can spend more time on just the regulars interacting and figuring each other out and less interaction with the outside world and as he is basically the Dad of the crew).

10. Its still technically cheerier than the show its a remake of, though it still has time to get there.

15. Yes, i would like that origin story, I also want the origin story of FSociety, which sort of seems to be Darlene’s origin story to get here. I have a random question are the actress who plays Angela and the one who plays Andre’s wife on Empire sisters? But, I would like the story of what exactly happened last time with Elliot which I sense is what started the idea in the first place.

17. Really even after it was on, I’m sure the topic of conversation was that they wanted a white dress so the last scene was particularly dramatic but they also needed one that was appropriate for a person who knew she was going to a family event. And then, really, would any of them have any sort of chance at keeping their respective jobs if someone actually supervised them? I mean, Paul season 1, Mike, Johnny, Paige and Dale in season 2, and heck, Logan, Mike (less for last night and more for the drug use), and Paul this season. Seriously, where are the ada’s yelling at them that they have nothing to prosecute.

21. I honestly think the CW/WB just is holding its breath for WWE where there are people trained in stage combat and there is probably nothing a lot different than he does on set where he insists on doing as much of his own stuff as possible. In ANW, that is a lot of physical labor that has a bigger chance of resulting in injury. But, if I follow the corporate ownership track correctly, now that he is doing this, there might not be any corporate issues of him appearing on NBC. But I could imagine the DC/CW getting requests from Stephen on regular basis with like links to his parkour training and then they watch someone’s knee go out or their shoulder gets dislocated and they are just like nope.

15. CourtTV says:

22. Is Team TVLine on hiatus or is naming all the staff members a thing now?

16. anon says:

13. I honestly kind of blame Nigel for that. He has never seemed very “accepting” when it comes to dancers who aren’t straight. Which considering the industry he’s in, is kind of strange and very out of touch.

• Maxsmom says:

I haven’t watched this season (can’t deal with Derulo) but I remember Nigel telling the guys to be more “butch”. Someone obviously put a stop to it on air.

17. CourtTV says:

Colonel Sanders is creepy but the overly stereotypical Popeyes Chicken is a bit more worrisome.
    Yay! Humans!! But yes, could have ended it too.

18. Heathers says:

4. NO! Her accent and acting are terrible on Ray Donovan.

19. Hamish says:

I find the efforts by KFC to bring back Colonel Sanders to be incredibly distasteful (pun intended). Harland Sanders was a real person, not a cartoon character, not a caricature. He deserves to be treated with respect.

• graze says:

That’s what you get when you sell your family’s business to a big corporation. It was called Kentucky Fried Chicken when the real live Colonel made those commercials for southern fried chicken, now it’s KFC/Taco Bell/who knows what else. A Colonel Sanders rip off/mock-up makes absolutely no sense in today’s 21st world.

20. KayCeeCee says:

21.) ANW. Stephen Amell would be great on the show.
    They should get rid of the Invisible Ladder.

21. brandydanforth81 says:

#9 sorta.We knew it was coming but still.I hate recasts so I wish they’d worked with Jake on him coming back whenever.Noah seems ok for a recast though it’s only been a minute.
    # 10.Ikr.Chasing Life is so sad.
    #18 GMAB
    #12 I hope so.I felt bad for Evflyn ,falling to her knees and breaking down crying cause she again looses a child she cares about

22. Kay says:

1-This is Eric your talking about….as for Lucas or Charlie, I say no to both I think she needs to be with Farkle!

23. LAwoman says:

3. Tessa was marginally more tolerable.
    4. Yes!! I love Grace Zabriskie in anything. Big Love was always my favorite though.
    5. I’m just relieved we get another season.
    6. I was pretty disappointed. There was a lot of potential there.
    13. Like someone else said here, I blame Nigel. It has really become ridiculous.
    20. The whole idea is creepy, so yes, still creepy.

24. Kim R says:

18. Beauty and the Beast – at risk of overusing a phrase, I am feeling like BATB has jumped the shark. I am trying to stick with it but it is fast becoming a show I can take or leave. It started as a scientific altering of DNA but a rogue group with an agenda. Now? Ancestors with similar stories and a REALLY old beast? I’m seeing fins in the water. :(

25. msb says:

#7, I called it, and it’s two minutes of him more and more angrily telling you to give him money or find someone that can, I really want to send a dollar in to the address they kept saying and see if they send anything back.

• SonOfCoul says:

Nothing gets sent back, but they do tell you that all the funds they receive will go to Doctors without Borders, which is so much better than anything Televangelists do with peoples cash.

26. Robby says:

20. I expect a Norm McDonald/Hammond confrontation. Or maybe the next ‘new col, Sanders’ is Dana Carvey?

27. Bob Backus says:

# 13 Is you life so pathetic that you HAVE to know the sexuality of contestants? Sorry, but you are just 1 very very microscopic step above the bigot who needs to know if someone’s gay so they can hate him/her. How about private lives going back to being private. Way too much interest in whether someone’s gay or not. No need to hide, no need to scream it out every chance you get. I wish everyone could be a little more like Victor Garber- he never yelled it out, never hid it either, he just assumed everyone already knew i.e. he lived his life and didn’t give a crap if you knew it or not.

• Jenny says:

Whoa, I think you totally missed the point. It has nothing to do with needing to know that the dancer is/isn’t gay. In fact, most of them are very clear about their sexuality on their social media. Rather, it is about the fact that Fox/Nigel is working so hard to ignore/hide what is common fact in every other aspect of the dancers’ lives. It is about showing ALL people of ALL sexualities participating in ALL aspects of the entertainment business. It is about not creating a false reality where every other dance is about a boy and girl following in love and then slamming a gay contestant for not accurately conveying that story and pretending it is because they lack passion or skill, when the reality is is that they just have a different frame of reference.

• Maxsmom says:

the ability to convey emotion isn’t connected to one’s sexuality, unless you can dance with your significant other all the time most dancers are conveying emotions they are not actually experiencing, to say it’s because your partner isn’t the right sex is a poor excuse

remember Danny, Travis’ brother, he may have been the best technical dancer but he had an air of arrogance that kept him separate from his partners; he lost to Sabra who made every partner better

partnering is a skill that not everyone possesses

28. lame says:

We all know the good Col. passed a few years ago, KFC should have gone the full month, sprayed him green, made him look like one of the living dead.

29. amysue4772 says:

17. To be fair, i am pretty sure Paige would have been canned and probably jailed for trying to have Mike killed in the real world, so it would be a moot point.

30. Kristina says:

17. YES!!! The entire time I was wondering why she was wearing that thing outside.

31. Angela says:

#7: I have no idea. All I do know is that I constantly look forward seeing what new crazy idea he comes up with in relation to whatever he’s talking about each week :D.
    And I haven’t yet called that number, but judging from some of the descriptions in this comment thread from those who did, I clearly need to remedy that soon :p.

32. Allison P says:

9. I thought the “Jesus looks different” comments were forced and the new guy’s acting made me cringe. I find recasts to be so off-putting, but I’ll try to give him more than one scene before I judge…

33. maregolden says:

number 7. Yes! I called the number. It was pretty funny, And I can’t wait to go for my checkup at the doctor next week so I can tell him my lupus has been cured!

34. Joni says:

Yes. Norm is way less creepy than Darrell who came across as a dirty old man and made my skin crawl. Norm, to me, comes across as charming.

35. mike says:

Riley and Charlie, Lucas and Maya

36. AngelWasHere says:

Norm as the Colonel is a little less alarming, but still creepy. Dude has been dead for years. Its going be creepy no matter who plays it.

37. DarkDefender says:

7. Yes. Totally worth the call (listen all the way to the very end).
    20. Oh hells no.
    21. ANJ was made for Amell, but short of a celebrity version.. I am guessing we won’t see him on it. As for how far would I get? I am pretty sure I couldn’t make it across the parking lot to the start line. (But that’s just me)

38. Aurora says:

The new jesus is not what I would expect. In this case, changing the character left me in tears because now my child hood crush Jake t Austin is forever gone . The new Jesus is good looking and all but one can not simply get rid of a loved actor! They could of waited a season to put Jake in because that one episode ruined watching the fosters forever. I don’t care what people say about him being better looking, an improvement and stuff, the only thing he did was smile like the troll face the whole episode and look stupid. I could’ve survived one fricken episode if it ment he would come back for the Jew season. They should have just killed him In the car crash then replacing him💯 at least he would’ve had his big goodbye moment and people be sad that he is gone not like hrs gon

• Aurora says:

Continued…he’s gone and the new Jesus is an improvment. No ! You obviously never saw him shirtless and missed the episodes he was shirtless in. I will forever grieve over the loss of the Jake t Austin. Wow ABC family, you ruined the show and lost many viewers just because you replaced him. I never thought I would stop watching such an amazing show until you did this. #JakeT AustinForever #longlivejaketaustin #theoldjesus #teamaustin

• Jamie says:

Lolz, this is a ridiculous comment. You would have rather they killed one of Stef and Lena’s children rather than recast bc you loved how the old actor looked with his shirt off?

Also, it’s hilarious how people say that Shonda Rhimes “ruined” Grey’s Anatomy when she killed off a main character this year, but then when showrunners recast instead, they still get blamed for “ruining” the show. Lose/lose!

39. Maxsmom says:

I remember Kathie Lee at the height of unbearable and I remember enjoying what felt like her comeuppance and yet I cried like a baby while she spoke and said a little prayer for her and her family, forget about the week it was one of the most moving moments ever…

40. Chloe says:

20. Less creepy, but still stupid.
    21. He’s been fun on WWE, but I wouldn’t mind ANW either.

41. Shara says:

I’d LOVE to see Stephen Amell on ANW!!

42. Sharon says:

NO the colonel is still creepy, doesn’t even come close to looking like the original colonel and I say the whole ad campaign HAS TO GO!

43. the fosters says:

I love the fosters i can’t wait until they come back in January

44. Tom says:

~
    The better question is how are we just supposed to accept that Eric became a senator just like that? Bonus answer: neither.
    ~
    ~
    If Oliver doesn’t eventually win an Emmy there’s no justice. Then again look at what keeps winning Best Comedy Series, so…… And no I didn’t but I went to the site. I want to join this new church if I can fit it in with my others.
    ~
    20| SNL vet Norm Macdonald’s “Colonel” — less creepy…?
    ~
    Much better yes

45. Matty Si. says:

I think I like this new Jesus on The Fosters. Still a little early to really tell since he only had one scene in the latest episode but ice always kind of had an issue with Jake T Austin on this role.