Emmys

Emmys Poll 2015: Who Should Win Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy?

One thing is certain about the 2015 Emmys: If the show’s producers can’t figure out a killer sketch involving all eight nominees for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series, then deserve the nation’s strongly worded tweets of rebuke.

The bigger-than-usual field is mostly comprised of previous Emmy darlings — including last year’s winner, Mom‘s Allison Janney, who has 10 total nominations and six prior wins under her belt.

That said, there are a couple of first-timers in the race, as well: Getting On‘s Niecy Nash and Transparent‘s Gaby Hoffmann (also up for Guest Actress in a Comedy Series for Girls).

Looking to reclaim the title she held in 2011 and 2012 is Modern Family‘s Julie Bowen (who’s nominated for the sixth consecutive year). She’ll face some familiar rivals in the supporting race, as The Big Bang Theory‘s Mayim Bialik, Veep‘s Anna Chlumsky, and Saturday Night Live‘s Kate McKinnon return for their fourth, third and second consecutive nods respectively.

Interestingly, one of Bowen’s wins came at the expense of 30 Rock‘s Jane Krakowski, and while that series’ end kept the latter actress out of the running in 2014, she’s back this year for Netflix’s Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, hoping the sixth time will be the charm.

What would you do if you had the power to honor one of these fine actors when the Emmys are handed out on Sept. 20? Take our poll below to vote for your favorite, then hit the comments to justify your pick!

1. David says:

Unfortunately, Alilson Janney will win Supporting Actress again for what is essentially a lead role. She is the title character in her show! I would love to see Anna Chlumsky win for VEEP. She deserves it for this past season.

2. nekili says:

EDEN SHER.

3. webly3 says:

As much as I love Allison Janney (and she honestly still deserves it the most), I really want someone new to win (so not Julie Bowen either who didn’t do anything spectacular on Modern Family anyways). I’d be perfectly happy if any of the other six nominees won because I like them all.

4. Jane D. says:

I would love to see Jane or Mayim finally get it after their many nominations.

5. Tim says:

My two favorites are in dead last!

6. Mr. Tran K says:

I rather see Kate McKinnon as a “dark horse” to win but it looks like Allison Janney will make an Emmy repeat for Mom.

7. dj says:

Getting tired of the Modern Family cast….time to move on.

8. Rob says:

She’ll never get it but Niecy ALLLLL the way. She’s criminally underrated…I was thrilled when she got nominated. My guess is it’s gonna be another win by Allison Janney who completely deserves it.

9. Andrea says:

Allison Janney is a CO LEAD with Anna Faris. She gets just as much screen time. It is absurd she is in a SUPPORTING categoring and gets to always win against actually supporting actresses.

I would vote for Jane Krakowski in a heartbeat. She is one of the few people on TV who makes me laugh with every line that comes out of her mouth. She was great on Kimmy and obviously should have won for 30 Rock.

10. N says:

Eden Sher!!!!!!!

11. Mary says:

I voted for Jane Krakowski to win but would still be happy if Kate McKinnon won.

12. Ron says:

My vote goes to Jane. I love her on UKS and she does a great job, but admittedly I’m more so hoping she wins because she got screwed out of her rightful win for 30 Rock. I’d also be happy if Anna wins. I forbid to get behind any TBBT wins, and I love Allison Janney, but it’s ridiculous that she’s even in the supporting actress category. Oh, and I also love Niecy and would be okay with her winning as well, but personally I thought she did better, more deserving work in season 1 of Getting On. But she still did amazing.

13. fedfan81 says:

Hoffman shouldn’t even be nominated. Not at all funny on what is a drama. Most overrated show this year is Transparent.

• Dude says:

Agreed. I’m glad that it’s such a positive portrayal for the trans community but it’s definitely a drama. A pretentious, uninteresting one at that.

14. Very competitive this year. Could there be a five way tie among Jane, Anna, Mayim, Niecy and Kate? That would be very satisfying.

15. Topsy Turvy says:

Please no more with the praise for McKinnon and her repetitive eye mugging.

EDEN SHER!!!!!!!!!

16. Mik says:

I’m rooting for Jane Krakowski and Gaby Hoffman. But I’d be happy to see Krakowski win and then Hoffman can take the Guest Award for her amazing work on Girls.

17. Dude says:

Anna Chlumsky earned it with her season highlight tirade.

• ChrisGa says:

Anna Chlumsky has been giving brilliant, bulletproof performances on Veep since day one and this season was no different.

18. ester guedes says:

MAYIM DIVA BIALIK \o/ THIS IS YOUR YEAR MAYIMMMMMM!!!!

19. Rockell says:

8? Upsetting that only 6 lead actresses were nominated

20. Jamie says:

I honestly think that Mayim Bialik deserves to win this Emmy! She is amazing as “Amy Farrah Fowler” and she deserves to win since her first nomination! Mayim is an unbelievable great actress. Especially in Season 8 she was unbelievable amazing!

21. saskia says:

Mayim Bialik i love her so much she is a so great actress *-* i love it to see her in the roll of Amy in the Big Bang Theory she play the roll so great *-*

22. The only logical winner for me would be Mayim, I love her character in the big bang theory, and if the people who choose the winners have seen at least one episode of the show, they will know that her interpretation is amazing. No everybody could interpretade her role as she does, and I can imagine some other actress to be Sheldon’s girlfriend. She has a real challenge, and she deserve the Emmy, for the chemestry that she and Jim Parsons have on the screen, she deserve it for what her character means for the show, and also for all the moments that we laught and and she deserves it for all the laughs that she has given us , and also for those unique moments that leave us in shock.

23. Miranda says:

As much as I’d love to see Jane Krakowski finally win an Emmy after years of losses for 30 Rock, it’s Allison Janney’s to lose. Her arc this season of Mom was something special for a multicam sitcom and truly wonderful to watch.