Marvel's Most Wanted Pilot

Marvel's Most Wanted: S.H.I.E.L.D. Spinoff Gets Pilot Order at ABC; Adrianne Palicki to Star

Adrianne Palicki‘s Mockingbird is taking flight.

ABC has given a pilot order to Marvel’s Most Wanted, an Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spinoff, starring the Friday Night Lights alumna as Bobbi Morse (aka Mockingbird), our sister publication Variety reports. The prospective series will also reportedly star Nick Blood as Lance Hunter.

Rumblings of a Morse-Hunter spinoff began in April, but come May, the series was considered to be D.O.A.

Your initial thoughts on Marvel’s Most WantedDrop ’em in a comment below.

1. Kat Johnson says:

Booo! This means she’s off AOS

2. Michelle says:

Boo! If she takes Hunter with her, I’m gonna be pissed! I hate them together!

3. Steve F. says:

So, this isn’t the Mockingbird/Hunter spinoff, but something else? Either way, that means Adrianne Palicki is off AOS… boo! (Still planning to catch it, though.)

4. I thought they passed on this project months ago.

5. Sheldon W. says:

So, Marvel’s Mockingbird – not Bobbi & Hunter?

6. Candace says:

Déjà vu!

7. Danielle says:

How is this going to work with them being mains on AOS? Their storylines should be planned for the whole of season 3 and integrate with the other storylines… not just able to be scrapped so they could go to a spin off.

• Luke says:

They’ve already been filming season 3 of AOS for a while now, and this spin-off was only now confirmed with just a pilot ordered. So I’m sure she’ll be on AOS for a while, if not the whole season, and just have her own short season a la Agent Carter (if it’s even picked up).

• Danielle says:

But that’s what I’m saying – how is it going to integrate? When the AOS writers planned for Bobbi and Hunter in s3 they did it thinking the spin off was not happening. How can they change their plots to facilitate a spin off after already filming 3 episodes?

• lauren says:

Why so panicky? LOL This was *just* announced, and it’s just a pilot, surely TPTB have a plan to *eventually* work the character off the show.

• I am pretty much certain that Bobbi and Hunter are ordered by Coulson to hunt down (former) agent Ward, who in turn is rebuilding Hydra, by the end of this season…Don’t take me for granted however, as this is just speculation on my part…

• aph1976 says:

I’m sure this has just been announced that AOS has lots of time to plan ahead for Mockingbird’s departure.Plus maybe the two shows will be connected somehow and could do crossovers.

• Danielle says:

It’s not been announced though, it’s a leak of a pilot being ordered. I don’t get how AOS is going to handle the plot if two of their mains //might// be getting a spin off. They’ve got to have two different plot lines – one if it get’s green lighted and one if it doesn’t. It’s messy.

8. Good for her. Hope it lasts several seasons. If you can’t be Wonder Woman, Mockingbird is not a bad alternative.

• Wordsmith says:

True. I’d even go so far as to say that playing this version of Mockingbird is preferable to playing that version of Wonder Woman. Adrianne’s innate charisma was pretty much the only bright spot in that ungodly mess of a pilot.

• The pilot was certainly different than previous iterations, but I found it to be a worthy extrapolation of what the George Perez version of Wonder Woman might look like several years after her arrival in man’s world. Overall I had very few problems with it.

9. Love this!!! I love Bobbi and Hunter, so count me in!!!

10. ComeOn says:

So ABC is trying to out superhero with CW?

ABC’s new tag line: Marvel or Shonda, that’s all you are getting.

• Lizo says:

Lol that’s a pretty dang good network line though. I’d be a completely happy camper with the Marvel/Shonda network. She should do a superhero show; I worship at the alter of Shonda

• Eric says:

Plus, you still have whatever Marvel project John Ridley is developing for ABC.

• T.W.123 says:

I must be ABC’s core demo then, because “Marvel or Shonda, that’s all you’re getting” is relatively close to my already established tv habits, sooooo…

• Lucifer says:

Pretty much why I barely watch anything on that network anymore. Nothing but melodramatic and poorly-written soap operas and now a growing amount of campy Marvel shows.

• Jake says:

Perhaps you should learn what the channel button is used for.

• WingsStef says:

To each their own. Personally, I like campy Marvel, but I also enjoyed darker Daredevil as well. Daredevil was of course on Netflix, but is still part of the MCU. Camp isn’t necessarily bad. As for the soaps, well watch something else! LOL

11. Sara says:

I’m pretty torn on this. I really like what these two characters and actors bring to the AOS team and show in general.

12. seawing says:

Not good news. She’s needed on Shield.

13. VJ says:

I´m actually glad. I love those two characters and while I would love to seem them stay on AoS, AoS just has so many regulars in S3 and so much storyline too cover, they can´t do jusice to all those characters. So, a spinoff means more screen time and I´m totally okay with that.

14. Steve says:

I like the idea but how will this air with AOS and Agent Carter both on tuesdays? Will this be a summer thing or maybe fill a slot if another series fails to catch viewers and be canceled?

15. Brian Seiler says:

You know, I can remember way back a couple of months ago when this was a terrible idea and ABC thought that it was better to leave the characters on S.H.I.E.L.D. where they were in the first place. To think of a time when I was so young. Ah…memories.

• John NYC says:

and then another show started to develop huge cracks and the looming hole in their schedule had them rethink things.

16. Hipper says:

Makes no sense. As if AOS was doing so well ratings wise… and I LOVE that show.

Bobbi & Hunter gave AoS a much needed jolt. Is it safe to assume Mack will go with them?

17. Drew says:

Why spin off a show that is on shaky ground to begin with? They’re just taking away two of the characters that redeemed season 2 a little bit.

18. Kat says:

I just…I want to be excited about this but I can’t. Not yet anyway. I love both characters a lot. And I think the actors work well together. But I hated the way they wrote their relationship in season 2. The absolute least interesting part about both characters, and it took up way to much time and was a poor substitute for actual characterization. They are way more interesting and complex with other people. That being said, I will try to give this a chance. My problem was a writing problem – maybe that will improve now that they’re through with the whole ‘make em lovey dovey so it will hurt more when she betrays him’ thing.

19. french5851 says:

cool! I hope there is some cross over…

20. Lizo says:

I love Mockingbird, so that’s cool. Bummer she won’t be on AOS anymore, but hopefully they’ll get some crossovers. I also hope the spinoff is better than AOS cause wow, did season two suck

21. lariet50 says:

I just don’t see how these two characters can support a show. Their relationship primarily consists of sex and bitching – there’s really only so much of that I can take.

22. Yay! Glad this one was revived. I love the whole AOS world, love Mockingbird and I’m sure there’ll be plenty of opportunity for crossover.

23. Ange says:

I really wanted Nick Blood in the next season of AOS, I like him a lot on the show and his relationship with Coulson.

24. JC1 says:

*sigh* I wasn’t a fan of this idea the first time they put it out there, and I thought from what was said at Upfronts that they’d realized it was a bad idea. Bobbi and Hunter, along with Mac, are a large part of what made the show stronger in S2, and I don’t know why they keep trying so hard to spin them off. Also, as much as I enjoy both characters, I am not all that fond of them as a pairing, and I could see their bickering getting old very quickly in continual weekly doses. I like them both better around the other characters, and I admit that’s a large part of why I’m not excited about this idea.

25. Bobbi and Hunter were definitely a highlight of the season for me, and more Marvel heroes on the small screen the better!

26. Luis says:

BOO-YAH!

27. sladewilson says:

They might have them doing double duty between the new show and AoS. I can see them showing up in the middle of an arc to help out or even crossing over…. But then think: what’s so different from the show you proposed before that you think this one will be picked up?

28. Leia says:

It’s not that popular to begin with what are they thinking?

29. Tom says:

I’m not a comic guy, so forgive me but is Marvel’s Most Wanted a comic book property already and if so what clues does the title give us?

30. Ram510 says:

Why are they doing a spinoff when they can barley get the original right

• libkat says:

They do get it right when they get to the actual storyline. Season 1 only took off when they got to the Hydra plot/fall of SHIELD storyline set in motion by Winter Soldier. Everything between the pilot and that was pretty much fluffing. And Season 2 only started to cook when they got to the Daisy Johnson/Inhumans stuff. It’s all the set up and filler that they fail at. Unfortunately that stuff has been half the season so far.

• JC1 says:

I actually thought the show slowed to a crawl after the mid-season finale. It sped back up in the last few episodes, but I thought they wasted a lot of the momentum they built up in the first half of the season on the whole second SHIELD storyline and all the angsting about Skye’s new abilities.

31. WingsStef says:

Sounds good to me. Since Agents of SHIELD is probably going to focus more on the Inhumans from now on (to set up the movie of course), they probably though maybe they could support a second show. Is this a mid-season show or for next Fall? Either way I am intrigued.

32. I keep reading about all the new shows all the networks want to make or are in development. Right now there are more shows in development than there are timeslots. Let’s see what happens.

33. Amy J says:

AoS does have cast bloat so there is some sense to this. I don’t love Bobbi and Hunter a couple so hope that gets scrapped in the new show. Plus – keen to see what characters are added for the ‘most wanted’ aspect.

34. Put it on the schedule against Supergirl…

35. Ross says:

This can’t be the actual title… It’s too cheesy… Please tell me it’s just a placeholder title until they come up with a better one…

36. Dominique says:

i doubt this will end well. they’re both good characters, but they’re just not strong or interesting enough to carry a show without the rest of the team.