Major Crimes Renewal

Major Crimes Season 4 Expanded to Series' Longest Run Ever

The LAPD’s Major Crimes Division is about to clock some serious overtime.

TNT has ordered an additional five episodes of Major Crimes, TVLine has learned, bringing its Season 4 total to 23, the largest in the procedural’s history. (Seasons 2 and 3 each had 19 episodes, while the series’ freshman outing consisted of 10.)

This news should come as a bit of a relief to fans concerned about the show’s future. It has yet to be officially picked up for a fifth season, while TNT just renewed another drama, The Last Ship, for Season 3.

New episodes of Major Crimes return Nov. 2 on TNT; expect to see these additional episodes air in 2016.

Your hopes for the rest of the season? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. “This news should come as a bit of a relief” not necessarily. They could have added five episodes to wrap the show up this season.

2. Ella Jasper says:

Great news!!

3. johnhelvete says:

I was expecting to hear about a 13 episode renewal not an additional 5 episodes for season 4.

4. ilona says:

Great news! Now we wait for another big 5! Season 5 for this fantastic show!!

5. JayeP says:

My thought is there’ll definitely be a Season 5. Besides being MC being the top rated, Last Ship was renewed. If The Last Ship received renewal, every show should get a new season.

6. Sharon says:

Major Crime best better get renewed. Its one of the best crime dramas out there.

7. Annie says:

I’m looking all over for the like button on this. Facebook has ruined me. Seriously, though, this is good news!

8. MP says:

MajorCrimesTV.net actually announced this first, hours before your posting. So perhaps “learned exclusively” isn’t really accurate.

9. Whatever says:

When Major Crime was announced I was quite apprehensive a show without Branda Lee Johnson, but it turns out the show improve after her departure. We actually get to see how the rest of the team think and work, and they are actually very capable seasoned police officers that we kept being told they were. I even like the Rusty story line as it makes Sharon more human rather this by the book, with higher than thou standards that surely no one can live up to. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the show will come back next year and hopefully many more to come!

10. mike says:

Best show on TV ,never miss it. We need a season 5.

11. Sally says:

Awesome news, but I won’t relax until it’s renewed for Season 5.

12. chuckiechk says:

im happy with more episodes, but I would be even happier with a season 5 renewal!

13. tazzy says:

Hoping the additional episodes mean a renewal is coming and not that it is being canceled…..

14. Carol_R says:

It only had a 15 episode order for Season 4 so I don’t see how adding 5 more episodes gets you to 23 episodes. It aired 10 episodes this summer with 5 left to air in the fall.

15. Toni says:

Stoked at 5 additional episodes for season 4. Hopefully season 5 renewal is not far behind. major crimes per episode across all TNT platforms is pulling 10.3 million viewers this would be hard to replace if it was not renewed. The current line up has only one show pulling more viewers. #renewmajorcrimesS5

• Jax&Juice's Girl says:

I’m all in for a S5! I love this show and of course The Closer I still watch the re-runs. But i’m still hoping that they would bring back Brenda Lee Johnson for at least a 2-3 ep. arc and a chance to reunite w/Rusty.

16. Whatevah says:

Yay!

17. ljd213 says:

Great news for fans and the MC company, all have worked hard to let TPTB know how popular the show is….so a season 5 renewal gives us an even better chance to show the love.

18. Layne says:

Nothing on TNT is worth watching since they cancelled “Dallas”.

19. Nancee says:

Great news…Now, Season 5 please!

20. Linda Henry says:

Please renew Major Crimes. It is my favorite summer show. Love the episodes that come in November. Also love Murder in the first. Come on TNT don’t dissappoint

21. I really like this show and I hope it gets renewed

22. Bill says:

Best show on TNT.

23. Angel Burns says:

Will be SO glad when Major Crimes is RENEWED for S5!!! I would love to see more of Sharon’s personal life…her parents and siblings and what she’s like off the clock just hanging with friends.

24. Ana Pinsky says:

major crimes is my favorite summer show. Love the way they develop each and every character and we can see their personal and professional lives. Wish that TNT would air all episodes at once to hold the viewers’ interest. Leaving the remaining episodes to the following year seems a long time to wait and with so many other shows on the air lets us forget what happened in the previous episodes. If they need to take a break let it be no longer than 2 months and then they can wrap up the season. Hoping for many seasons to come.
    Ana

25. Kayla says:

i really hope they renew for another season. I love the show so hope it gets a 5th season!!

26. G.A. Nettleton says:

Please renew Major Crimes for season 5. It is one of the best written, acted and directed shows on any channel. Because we tuned in for Major Crimes, we have started to watch some of TNT’s other offerings. If you cancel MC, I will be too angry to watch any thing on TNT!

27. Robin Larsen says:

I love Major Crimes. Please renew it for a fifth season.

28. Jill Stires says:

Good show == renew for 5th season and stop all the drama!!

29. Virginia Bowyer says:

I love this series!! Very down to earth stories & characters. Keep it coming

30. Nina Alemao says:

This is the best show on TV! I also love Rizzoli & Isles, and all the shows on TNT!

31. NannaMa Della says:

I really look forward to watching Major Crimes!!!
    Please bring it back for more seasons!!!
    Thank you!!!

32. NannaMa Della says:

I enjoy Major Crimes so and I hope you bring it back for more seasons.

33. Fred Gunzel says:

My family has been devoted followers of Major Crimes. The characters are captivating and fun to watch. Good to see Capt. Raydor getting someone into her private life. Really great to learn some extra episodes are coming up and hope the series is renewed for the following seasons.

34. Mary S says:

@ Andy Swift -Forgive my cynicism, but I have been correct in the Past, when I worried that Ted Danson’s “visit” to CSI Cyber might foretell the doom of CSI…some things you really wish you were wrong about!
    So, my fear, cynicism, whatever you call it, is this: could the recently added episodes of Major Crimes be the network’s way of allowing them to concoct a proper series finale that wraps all the stories up neatly, instead of leaving us with a cliffhanger to be completed in a new, non-existent season?? (Yes, I know that’s a long sentence, but the question is potentially valid…)
    Does anyone with true info, NOT speculation, have a clue that they could/would/will share with us?

• Fred Gunzel says:

I totally agree with you. Programming has become almost a dice roll. Shows start and end before you are ever informed. A lot of the series like Major Crimes and Rizzolli & Ives, are on the cancellation block before we know it. The ratings system that we grew up with is so archaic I can’t understand how they achieve any intelligent results. I did see that R & I is still going for a few more weeks. Let’s hope that M.C. will be renewed for another season or two. There are a lot of good series being introduced but it is impossible to watch all of them. Anything to do
      with Vampires and Werewolves can be dumped any time soon.

35. K Glick says:

Please renew Major Crimes! It’s my favorite show and I am very selective. I hope you will reply with a positive response! Thank you for providing such a great show. Sincerely, K Glick

• jaclyn silverman says:

I love the show, one of the few I have been watching regularly. Please bring back Major Crimes asap. Better than the original. Jaclyn

36. Hammer says:

I watch very little tv but I don’t want to miss any major crimes episodes.

37. Rosemarie Ashley says:

Major Crimes is the best!!!! I love the interaction between the group and cannot wait til they are back for our viewing pleasure. One of the BEST hit dramas on TV.

38. Carol says:

My husband and I love MAJOR CRIMES!! Can’t wait for Nov start!

39. Susan says:

Definitely want Major Crimes to remain on air. It is well acted and “intelligent” to watch. (Two traits that are so hard to find on TV these days…) Really love the cast and the stories.

40. Mike Thomas says:

Major Crimes is the best written, cast and acting on TV… Period!! To not return would be a Major Crime..

41. Louise says:

Please keep Major Crimes on another year at least. That is our favorite show & always look forward when it starts back up each season. We watched The Closer the whole time it was on TNT & then Major Crimes. Please give us more than five more shows..

42. Eric says:

We love Major Crimes and would like to see it renewed for another season. All the characters work so well together and it is a great show. E & G

43. D. Tait says:

Absolutely love cast, characters and story lines of Major Crimes. Keep ’em coming!

44. Loralyce Hall says:

I hope that this show continued for a long time. It is excellent.

45. Andra Richardson says:

Keep Major Crimes for 2016. One of my all time favorites and just great acting and story lines.

46. fred russo says:

One of the best top 5 TV shows over the years!!!!

47. Margo T. says:

I hate the way the networks split the show’s season. There was a time when shows ran from September to May with only special programing at Christmas,New Year’s and Easter. Now you get a few new shows and they are gone again, plus I timed Comercials and on one show 8min. of Comercial to 7 min of the show. Not worth watching.

48. john billhimer says:

One of the bestshows ever.lwas a bing fan of the closer and like this showas well. I have been watching tv since they were 10 inches round….

49. Regina says:

Major crimes is one of the best series that the family can watch. PLEASE CONTINUE TO RENEW IT WITH MORE EPISODES. Thank you

50. J. Glickman says: