Emmys

Emmys Poll 2015: Who Should Win Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy?

For the first time since 2006, every Emmy nominee in the race for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy hails from a different series. (In the interim, there’ve been at least two nominees each year from Entourage, 30 Rock or Modern Family.)

The unexpected “spread the wealth” approach to this year’s nominations means two newcomers have a shot at the statuette in 2015: Key & Peele‘s Keegan-Michael Key (whose sole prior nomination came for writing) and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt‘s Tituss Burgess (a first-time nominee).

On the flip side, the battle for Emmy glory will also include 2013 winner Tony Hale (Veep) and two-time champ Ty Burrell (Modern Family), looking for a repeat after going to the podium in 2011 and 2014.

Rounding out the field are Girls‘ Adam Driver (nominated for the third consecutive year) and Brooklyn Nine-Nine‘s Andre Braugher (who’s got nine nods and two prior wins to his credit — for his work in Homicide: Life on the Street and Thief).

What would you do if you had the power to honor one of these fine actors when the Emmys are handed out on Sept. 20? Take our poll below to vote for your favorite, then hit the comments to justify your pick!

Tomorrow, we’ll launch another “Who Should Win?” Emmy poll, so come back to TVLine.com to weigh in on who’s most worthy of TV’s biggest honors!

1. Zia says:

Forever Bitter that Nick Offerman was never on this list.. He’s Ron F-ing Swanson..

2. Kaylin says:

I don’t understand Adam Driver being nominated. He isn’t funny on Girls, he plays more of a dramatic character on the unfunny show. So many missed opportunities for more deserving noms!

3. Clandestine Green says:

Tituss Burgess is a breath of fresh air…he owns this. I don’t get the appeal of Adam Driver…whether you classify him as comedy or drama…he is grating.

4. SuperChic says:

Tony Hale is so great on VEEP. His standout scene this past season was when he went HAM on Selena. That was such an intense scene.

So over Ty Burrell. Just not that funny and the character is overrated.

5. Elf says:

Heads: Braugher, Tails: Burgess. Standing on it’s side: Key. Which means that Ty Burrell will win again…

6. Mr. Tran K says:

My vote is Andre Braugher but I’ll be disappointed if Ty Burrell wins again.

7. militantgod says:

Adam Driver is completely brilliant, haters. Tambor is gonna win best leading actor in a comedy, in a show that is anything but.

8. Znachki says:

Tituss Burgess. For Pinot Noir alone, he should get this!

9. Shar says:

Simon Helberg of Big Bang Theory.

10. nekili says:

Tituss! And I like Keegan too. Just NOOO to Adam Driver

11. John Davis says:

Andre Braugher. But I’d be happy to see Tituss wining too.

12. Eva says:

PEEEENOOOOOOO NOOOOIR!!!

13. Lizo says:

I’d be happy if either Titus or Andre took it this year.

14. Jules says:

Andre B..he does amazing things on B99

15. Jasper says:

I’ve got two words for you Emmy voters:
    Pinot Noir.

16. Ron says:

My vote goes to Tituss by a slim margin over Andre. Both are great, but Tituss really owns the craziness. And, of course, peeno noir. I also love Tony. Amazing work on Veep. And when he just loses it on Selena…gold! But, again, Tituss is crazy amazing, and Andre and Tony have won already, so we can spread the wealth a bit.

17. Magali says:

This is a very open category for me. I’d be happy to see Tituss Burgess, Andre Braugher, Tony Hale or Keegan-Michael Key win. They are all the principal reason I watch their shows.

18. Guy says:

I love Tony Hale on Veep, but Titus Burgess was something else on Kimmy Schmidt. Every line delivery is gold, and Pinot Noir was an instant classic. His performance in every episode was perfect.

19. This is, by far, the most difficult category. Most of these guys have been pretty spectacular in their roles. I’ve soured a bit on Modern Family and loathe Girls but Ty Burrell and Adam Driver are the very best of their respective shows. I don’t think that I’d be disappointed were any of them to win but I have a special place in my heart for Tony Hale and hope he wins.

20. I love modern family go Modern family

21. Miranda says:

Voted for Keegan-Michael Key because I could not separate my feelings of deep attraction to him!