Emmys

Emmys 2015: Who Should Win Lead Actress in a Comedy? Take Our Poll!

Mary Tyler Moore, watch your back.

If Julia Louis-Dreyfus takes home the 2015 Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series, you’ll have to share with the Veep star your position as most-honored woman in the category (at five statuettes apiece).

A win by Louis-Dreyfus would come as no shock, either, considering she’s seeking her fourth straight win (for her fourth season of the HBO political comedy).

To make history, Louis-Dreyfus will have to get past some other ladies with serious Emmy clout. The Comeback‘s Lisa Kudrow is on the ballot for the 10th time (across multiple shows and categories, although she’s only won once). Nurse Jackie‘s Edie Falco is going for her fifth win (from 13 total nods). Parks and Recreation‘s Amy Poehler has 14 nominations under her belt — though she’s still seeking her first win. And Grace and Frankie‘s Lily Tomlin has a whopping 22 nominations and six wins to her credit.

Those are pretty intimidating numbers for first-time acting nominee Amy Schumer (up for her eponymous sketch series Inside Amy Schumer), but even she has 2014 and 2015 writing nods on her résumé — not too shabby for someone who wasn’t even born before Tomlin took home her first four trophies.

What would you do if you had the power to honor one of these fine actors when the Emmys are handed out on Sept. 20? Take our poll below to vote for your favorite, then hit the comments to justify your pick!

Every day for the next couple of weeks, we’ll launch another “Who Should Win?” Emmy poll, so come back to TVLine.com to weigh in on who’s most worthy of TV’s biggest honors!

1. Steven says:

Amy needs to win to represent the excellent work she’s done for years on Parks and Rec.

2. A. D. says:

God these ALL suck! Worst Category to choose from!

3. dude says:

Amy Schumer…but really Gina Rodriguez.

4. Alexa says:

Oops voted for the wrong Amy by mistake.

5. Dennis says:

It really SHOULD be Lisa Kudrow for the absolutely amazing preformance she gave on THE COMEBACK… I disagree with A.D., this is the hardest category! They’re all wonderful and deserving.

6. Lauren says:

Amy Poehler Amy Poehler Amy Poehler
    I mean, how does she not have any Emmy already?

7. Even though I sentimentally voted for Amy Poehler, I think Lisa Kudrow was more deserving. Hope there’s a tie–has that ever happened in this category? I know Hepburn and Streisand tied for an Oscar back in the day.

8. Laverne says:

Amy Poehler! Can the Academy not Steve-Carell her, please?

9. HAP says:

The best comedic actress didn’t get nominated. And that is a crime. Her show was nominated and two supporting actors were nominated. I’m speaking of Ellie Kemper.

• Daisy says:

ITA! While I’m really rooting for Amy Poehler for her stellar work (for years) on Parks and Rec, without Ellie Kemper, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt wouldn’t be the show it is. She definitely deserves a nomination. How does the show get nominated and not her? She *is* the show!

10. Ellinas1978 says:

JLD for the four-peat. I know people WANT to see someone else win, but unless the other person deserves it, which in my opinion they wouldn’t, it’s just unfair and charity. If JLD is better and she is, she wins it.

11. Ron says:

Amy Poehler. That is all.

12. Mr. Tran K says:

Really hope that this will be Amy Poehler’s last chance to win for her amazing performance on Parks & Rec as does the series.

13. LT says:

Tough category. Still bummed Gina Rodriquez isn’t in this category, but you can’t deny the power of JLD. I’d be fine with a Poehler or Kudrow win though…

14. webly3 says:

This category has 4 very deserving winners. But, I’d be most happy if Lisa Kudrow pulled out the win for the phenomenal second season of The Comeback.

15. Ashly says:

They’re all worthy, but I think it’s time for Amy Poehler to get some love for her amazing portrayal of Leslie Knope.

16. Lisa says:

Its amys year. A bunch of them deserve it and id be ok with the wins but she deserves it the most for parks and recs incredible run and her lack of ever having a win

17. John Davis says:

Lisa Kudrow or Lily Tomlin.

18. Spence says:

It needs to be Amy Poehler, but it will probably go to Schumer or Lisa Kudrow, knowing how adored they are this season.

19. ChrisGa says:

It may be an embarrassment of riches, but JLD is bulletproof every day of the week for me(although I’m good with both Falco and Tomlin too). I know everyone loves Kudrow and I did back in the Friends days but I’ve found her acting to be increasingly off-kilter in recent years–moreso than usual–and I don’t find it particularly appealing(especially dislike her work on Web Therapy). As for the two Amys, I certainly wouldn’t be upset if either took it(especially Poehler); they’re both funny as hell.

20. Dana says:

Amy Poehler … next question?

21. S says:

Grace and Frankie is a phenomenal show, and Lily Tomlin is surprising, poignant, and hilariously funny every second. I would love to see her win, but this is a phenomenal category honorin so many extraordinary women in television. Can’t they all win?!

22. AJ says:

Mr. Slezak, I help you out yesterday letting you know you had a mistaken statistic in the article, and you just delete the comment once you correct it? What’s up with that?

23. Guy says:

This is Lisa Kudrow’s to lose. (IMO Amy Poehler was just going through the motions this last season anyway…)

24. Guy says:

Gina Rodriguez.

25. Domenica says:

Lisa Kudrow gave the performance of the year