Haven Cancelled Season 6 Syfy

Haven Cancelled at Syfy

Syfy is no longer a safe haven for Haven: The network has cancelled the drama, TVLine has confirmed.

The cancellation came after the series had finished shooting Season 5, showrunner Gabrielle Stanton told TheWrap.com, which first reported the news. But the final 13 episodes were conceived as though they might be the last, she said, leading to what she hopes is a “satisfying” ending.

RELATED Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled?

“We approached as if it was going to be our final season, so we were ready for it story-wise,” she added.

Haven‘s Season 5B premieres Thursday, Oct. 8, at 10/9c.

1. justsomeguy says:

Typical Syfy. Great show, and I’m going to enjoy the heck out of these final episodes.

2. Big Mike says:

Sad for sure, but no surprise. Been waiting for this hammer to drop ever since they announced the double-sized Season 5 order.

3. We’ve become accustomed to shows that last longer than five years, so we forget that five years (regardless of episode count) used to be the norm and, in many cases, still is. I had no doubt this would be the last season, the double episode order made that clear. And, really, where else could they have taken the story?

• Ann says:

I agree. They should have ended the series after they found he Colorado Kid. The season after that was okay for a while, but the storyline got bloated with all the additional Troubles,etc. storylines that made no sense. It was bad last season. I hope it ends on a high note.

• I have to disagree about last season. It was different, but not really bad. I was engrossed by it.

• grys03 says:

Sadly my memory goes back before that when 3 seasons was an achievement: Gilligan’s Island, Lost in Space, Star Trek – Munsters & Addams Family only made it to 2.
        But I sort of agree with the series should have ended when they solved the Colorado Kid story line. Have enjoyed the subsequent shows but it’s almost a different show/story – maybe what they should have done is run it as 2 separate series.

• Prish says:

I get where you are coming from. Heros ended with the episode where they saved the cheerleader. You had to have lived under a rock not to have gotten caught up in the push to save the cheerleader, not even watching the show as I wasn’t. I ended up watching a few episodes and the last one. It was a perfect cancellation, just like The Forgotten, which I loved, but I was at peace and enjoyment at that last episode.

• Clint says:

I don’t think you can really count seasons against seasons any more. A season used to be 24+ episodes. Now these specialty shows are only 12, some only 10. “Defiance” at 12 for example means that two of their seasons are the same as 1 of a normal show like “Star Trek” or “NCIS”. This trend is disappointing. Or “Lost Girl” that showed 9 episodes then took a 9 month ‘mid season break’ then picked up at episode 5×10. What’s up with that?

• Ajax says:

Sorry but the original Star Trek ran for three seasons starting in 1966 and ending in 1969.

• Lilly77 says:

Last season was terrible. I had to force myself to watch it in the hope that it would get better, because I used to love the show so much. Hopefully these final episodes will make more sense and get some of the old magic back.

• Jon says:

? Really dunno what you were watching

4. wrstlgirl says:

Not surprised at all. While I enjoy the show the last couple of seasons haven’t been that good. At least it sounds like we’ll get an ending but I’m guessing we’ll have to wait until next year to see it. I’ll probably have forgotten about it by then.

• Sheldon W. says:

Ever since the show’s creators, Sam Ernst and Jim Dunn, were dropped (relegated to being creative consultants or some such nonsense meaning go away and cash your checks quietly in some other place), I’ve had the feeling that Haven had veered away from their original vision and the quality of the show has really suffered..

• Big Mike says:

Next year? Season 5B (AKA The Beginning of the End) starts Oct 8th.

• wrstlgirl says:

Correct with season 5B airing in 2016 unless they’ve changed their mind and are going to air the entire season all at once.

• 'A' Is Alive says:

No, 5B is going to begin airing on October 8th. The 12th episode would air on Christmas Eve so idk if they’ll keep it like that or split the final half 7 and 6 to not run into that dilemma.

• wrstlgirl says:

Well I don’t know. Everyone seems to have their own take on it. Some say it’s all airing this fall/winter and others say it’s split between this fall and next. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. Doesn’t really matter now anyway, it’s over, lol.

• thisismenow says:

I suspect they will do a couple double episodes. Probably a 2 hour event the week of Halloween and then a 2 hour series finale. But this is SYFY so they might air the last two episodes on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve.

• ummm 5a aired last year..5 b 12 episodes air’s oct/nov/dec 2015.. first episode was 1&2 back to back

• Big Mike says:

I’m not sure why you’re confused. Season 5A aired last year. Season 5B…..the last 13 episodes EVER….starts to a it October 8th. There is no 2016, unless the last episode or 2 bleed into early January.

• wrstlgirl says:

LOL why? Because I have a very busy life and I’m always losing track of things. And it’s been so long since Haven’s been on that I don’t even remember how it ended.

• Tiffany griffin says:

The ending is already out season 5 they were going to do a season 6 witch I really wanted to see I hate the way 5 ended but they canceled season 6 after showing previewsome and that sucks

5. thisismenow says:

I want to say I hate SYFY for this, but the series has gone downhill fast. At least they are airing the back 13.

• Patrick says:

Agreed. It was a very interesting premise, but it quickly became glaringly obvious that the creators had no real idea what the conclusion would be. I’m sure they, and SyFy hoped they would figure it out as they went, but they obviously couldn’t/didn’t. I’m sorry for fans of any show that gets canceled, because we’ve all been there. But the fans should feel lucky that they will get some type of closure on this.

6. Lizo says:

Well, it survived the 4-year SyFy curse so that’s something I guess?

7. LKE says:

So lame. We’ve waited all this time for Season 5 to return and then they cancel it. Maybe if they had actually been airing episodes, people would watch and they wouldn’t need to cancel awesome shows like this.

• Big Mike says:

Very likely due to cintracts and such. When shows go long, the actors make more $$$. That’s why they doubled up Season 5, when it’s clear that they’re treating 5B like a Season 6.

• Exactly, season 5B really is just season 6. It’s coming back a little over a year after season 5A started which is the normal cycle. The fact that it’s being cancelled really should not be a surprise to anyone

8. ludi66 says:

Oh no! I love Haven. I have already lost Eureka, Warehouse 13 and Sanctuary…Thank you very much Syfy.. I won’t be watching you anymore. Out of curiosity, why was Haven cancelled?

• Samantha says:

This is exactly how I feel! Haven was the last show I watched on Syfy. I hope those shows get to Netflix asap!

• ludi66 says:

Bonjour Samantha? I live in France and watch the French syfy so we get everything much later than you. I was such a Haven fan and Eureka, Sanctuary and I loved Warehouse 13… I do not understand why such popular shows get cancelled..C’est la vie

9. Television says:

syfy channel sucks. we need a new channel that can take over scifi programming because the other one cant seem to do its job.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

5+ seasons is very generous in these times.

• dragons3 says:

I agree. SyFy shows very few programs that are truly SciFi any more. What does “reality” programming and wrestling have to do with SciFI? I think I’ll just go ahead and drop my cable package that contains SYFY and just watch “Haven” on Amazon streaming. It’ll be cheaper.

• Simon Jester says:

Huh? Defiance, Killjoys, and Dark Matter are all ‘real’ science fiction, as are the upcoming Expanse and Childhood’s End. Meanwhile, Haven got 5 seasons, which is a damn good run for a fairly mediocre show.

• mary says:

If Syfy is ok with ~.25 ratings they are getting now. I saw even Face Off is lower than usual. I really hope the new ones are good.

• Simon Jester says:

Well, they were happy enough with the ratings of 12 Monkeys to renew it for a second season. Don’t know if Dark Matter will get the nod, but I hope so. It all depends on how the time-shifted numbers pan out.

• Katy says:

Your lucky you got 5 seasons RIP Sanctuary and Warehouse 13 :'(

10. As long as we get a proper ending….

11. MelindaB says:

I hope that they’re right, and that it does end up being a satisfying finale. I can’t say that I’m surprised, though. I was expecting it at the end of last season, and was pleasantly surprised.

12. Bella says:

I haven’t enjoyed the last couple of seasons of the show as much as I did the first, and the network pretty much telegraphed that this upcoming season was going to be its last. I’m glad they did that, so the show runners have a chance to wrap the whole thing up.

13. Yvette says:

Syfy really knows how to get people to hate them.

14. Larry says:

Let’s see has any scripted show on Syfy ever lasted more than 5 seasons? Eureka, Warehouse 13 are other examples. This is just a pattern that the network has used in the past. Anytime a scripted series reaches its 5th season on Syfy, I get worried. And even though Syfy double-sized Haven’s fifth season -and pushed it another year -it was still called part of a 5th season. I don’t know if there will ever be a scripted series on Syfy that will get a 6th season. Syfy seems very adverse in allowing a scripted series to go pass 5.

15. Jeffrey Scott says:

Why are the great shows always cancelled and the leave the crappy ones.

16. emily says:

Its not surprising. I think i remember the cast tweeting pics like it was the last time they would be filming together. I think they believed it would be the end. But still, its so sad. Its such a great show.

17. Pat says:

haha did anyone have any doubts? SyFy never ever goes past 5 seasons unless it’s some cheaply made reality tv junk. Not to say the series is worthy of season 6. But 5 seasons is the SyFy way.

18. Dean says:

Sanctuary, Eureka, Warehouse 13, Lost Girl, Continuum and now Haven. Tis truly the end of an era at SyFy.

19. Gerry says:

Will miss it, watched it from episode 1, season 1, disappointed in the turn it took with the main characters, but hung on, however, they did away with Whse. 13, Eureka, Sanctuary, all my favorites, so why would I expect more . SyFY, had a lot of great hits, no so much anymore.,

• Sheila says:

I miss eureka and wh13 as well. I am liking Dark Matter and Killjoys. The new shows are not as family friendly, however. Eureka was the best and I still miss it.

20. JC1 says:

I’m not surprised. As others have said, Syfy scripted shows never go past five seasons. But at least they got a full 13 episodes to wrap it up, which is more than Warehouse 13 and Eureka got (especially Eureka-still mad about that).

21. mary says:

Glad, she said it has a satisfying ending. Syfy screwed the pooch with this one. Last season having it on Thursday. Then moving it to Friday 6pm(c). That’s a good way to kill it.
    They put so much crap on now.

22. CourtTV says:

Loved Haven but not surprised. I’m really enjoying the Friday night lineup this summer. Highly recommend!

23. hello says:

Considering a Syfy-show has never gone beyond 5 seasons it is not surprising that they are ending it

24. Breck says:

All Syfy shows are given a 5-year contract, this contract locks in production costs, crew wages, cast wages, etc. After 5 years, the contracts can be renegotiated, however, Syfy is pretty strict with sticking to certain costs/budgets, and the cost of keeping any actors past 5 years always goes up.

That being said I am happy they are getting a chance to finish the story so to speak. FAR to many shows have been cancelled in my time without any kind of endings or satisfaction.

25. Deion says:

I really didn’t see it lasting beyond this season, but happy that they went into it think it would be their last. Not enough can be said for planning an ending to your show.

26. JenJ says:

This is not surprising to me. I love the show, but have felt that the writers have run out of ideas about what to do with the show for the last 2-3 years anyway. Truthfully, after the reveal about Audrey being some sort of eternal witch from early America who manipulated people like toys, the show has lost its way and creating more and more incredulous stories. It’s time to end this, I’ll miss all of the characters, but honestly, to continue to add even more mythology to the show will make it totally unwatchable, I’d rather think about the characters as how I remember them in the first 2 years. I just hope that they give them a GOOD satisfactory storyline ending, and not leave the characters in some sort horrible or ambiguous situation, and especially want Audrey & Nathan to finally be together without consequences.

27. This is very disappointing news. There are so many shows on so many other networks that are so bad and continue to be on the air. It would be nice if someone else would pick it up, but I doubt it will happen.

28. aph1976 says:

I’m not surprised by this news and the show might have been known this was coming for a while..So they might have been prepared to end the series after this upcoming season and leave nothing hanging story-wise.

29. Mark says:

SyFy’s season 5 curse strikes again

30. MdaVT says:

I found Season 4 was really dragging along, not really advancing the story much, and stopped watching it. Not sure I’ll bother with Season 5, perhaps the first epi or so to see if it is worth it.

31. carrie says:

New cancellation was coming . I will miss my little show . It was good while it lasted . I just hope the writers gave it a good ending the fans deserve that .

32. Anne says:

SyFy cancels all the good ones and keeps all the crap. Half the new stuff is junk, don’t watch them. You’re about to lose a viewer.

33. Joey Padron says:

sad but had a feeling it would happen. can’t wait to watch final episodes.

34. Jill says:

Why cancel Haven there are plenty of shows you could cancel and leave Haven alone…helix is one have not liked it since it first aired

35. Luis says:

I could have sworn that it was announced that S5 would be the last before 5A began

36. mewp12 says:

I love this show. Why do they get rid of the good ones and keep the crap.

37. maregolden says:

They have to open up a spot in the schedule for Sharnado: The Series

38. Becca says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

39. Pat says:

Well we all saw this coming. What else is new with SYFY! I am so mad at how long we have had to wait for this final season to start up. I hope that the storyline will be wrapped up with a good ending. Again, another show that I had invested in and sure enough, SYFY never fails to pull the rug out from under me.

40. brandi says:

I thought I read somewhere a while ago that season 5 was the end. Like they knew it was the end not just guessing.

41. ZhaneEndrick says:

I think this was pretty much obvious as soon as they doubled season 5 and split it across to years. Always figured this was the end and I’m glad to hear that it will (hopefully) offer some sort of satisfactory ending.

42. alex says:

best that it ends now really, instead of dragging out the story longer than necessary, hopefully the end of the series will be satisfying.

43. Dr. M says:

I’m not sure how this was a surprise. The extra long season was conceived as an opportunity for them to wrap the story up because Syfy was showing them the door. It was only mentioned that if a miracle happened it might get picked up again.

44. kirads09 says:

I think we all had a feeling this was coming. So, Haven will be gone. Continuum too, right? So for me that leave Defiance. Syfy wouldn’t do that to my heart…right? Right? Besides Defiance S3 has rocked my world so far and has been exemplary IMO. Really tight performances and story telling there.

45. Cheryl says:

How sad is it that I thought it already was canceled? I loved the show, don’t get me wrong but I thought it was canceled around the end of last season begging of this one and 5B was it 😐

46. Joyce says:

This sucks. The one thing that I like on syfy and they’re getting rid of it. I read an article where Eric Balfour (Duke) said he thought it was ending a few months ago. Sad to see he was right. I just hope they use these last 13 episodes wisely and wrap everything up to a satisfactory ending. This is pretty much what happened to TNT’s Dallas reboot a year or two ago, only when they split their (3rd) season in half they didn’t bother to finish it. I guess Haven’s lucky they get a chance for a proper ending. It really isn’t worth becoming invested in TV shows anymore; whenever you get into them and really start to like them they’re canceled. I just started watching Haven this year, never having heard of it before, and I’ve enjoyed it immensely. After I watch the upcoming X-Files 6 episode miniseries I’m swearing off new TV shows. It’s just not worth it anymore.

47. cory says:

Big surprise there another great tv show cancelled loved the show i live wear they were shooting the show as well which sucks ..

48. SL says:

Don’t like that it’s cancelled, but glad writers and people were prepared so not to leave us hanging. I like the story and show and wanted to see more of it. Hopefully we get a satisfying conclusion.

49. I miss good scifi shows says:

We all know that since the end of Stargate Atlantis Syfy never lets a series go more than 5 years.

50. AM68 says:

Why do they always cancel the good shows?! Now I’m sad…Thanks Syfy for ruining my morning!