Emmys

Emmys 2015: What Should Win Best Comedy Series? Take Our Poll!

And the winner is… Modern Family. Modern Family. Modern Family. Modern Family. And (yet again) Modern Family.

That’s been the story for the last five years in the Emmy race for Outstanding Comedy Series, making the ABC hit not only undefeated — but also tied for all-time most wins in the category (along with Frasier).

Can Modern Family extend its streak to six this year? Two new shooters — Transparent and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt — enter the race thanks to a snub for The Big Bang Theory and a switch from comedy to drama for Orange Is the New Black.

The remaining four nominees are all veterans of the Emmy proceedings. Parks and Recreation, last nominated in 2011, returns to the dance for its seventh and final season, while Louie and Veep will attempt to take home the statuette for their respective third and fourth nods. Silicon Valley, meanwhile, hopes to achieve the opposite of a sophomore slump by winning for its second season (and second straight nod).

What would you do if you had the power to honor one of these fine shows when the Emmys are handed out on Sept. 20? Take our poll below to vote for your favorite, then hit the comments to justify your pick!

Every day for the next couple of weeks, we’ll launch another “Who Should Win?” Emmy poll, so come back to TVLine.com every day to weigh in on who’s most worthy of TV’s biggest honor!

1. I think for the first time in years, I watch all the nominees. Silicon Valley is easily the funniest of them.

• Daisy says:

I agree–it cracks me up on a weekly basis. That being said, though, I’m rooting for Parks and Recreation because it’s the final year and I love it so much!

• Miranda says:

Yeah, its without doubt the laugh out loudest funniest in the list, but like many others I had to vote sentimentally for Parks & Rec.
      I’ve no doubt Silicon Valley will be a top contender at next year’s Emmys.

2. Spence says:

Has to be Parks. I would be okay with Kimmy as well, but if it’s Modern Family AGAIN I will have lost faith in the Emmys entirely.

• Kay says:

I 100% concur with everything you said! Parks deserves it, but I did find Kimmy adorable, original and hilarious as well. I’ll be pissed if it’s Modern Family again, despite the fact that I love the show.

• Ethel says:

I so totally agree with your comment about Modern Family. After so many years, they should have declined to be nominated Also, I can’t see why they win in the first place

3. Elissa says:

Silicon Valley had an amazing 1st season, but this year it was nearly unwatchable (and certainly not very funny). I’d love to see Parks & Rec, Louie or Veep take it home. I wouldn’t be surprised if Modern Family takes it again, nor would I be upset to see Transparent win.

4. jimbo says:

I’d pick You’re The Worst but since it’s not on the list, I’ll go with Silicon Valley.

5. Modern Family hasnt really deserved the win in the last few years, it definitely doesnt this year! For me its Kimmy, but I would be really happy with Veep or Parks as well, to be honest any but MF!

6. webly3 says:

I’d be happy if literally any show besides Modern Family won.

7. Jooshua says:

Parks and Recreation deserves it. But I think Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt was the funniest show of the year!

8. Ann says:

Modern Family didn’t deserve to win last year or the year before. It certainly doesn’t deserve to win again this year either! PLEASE let it be any of the other shows!

9. Steven says:

Parks and Rec deserves it since it hasn’t won before. I hope Modern Family doesn’t win again.

10. Dave says:

Parks and Recreation deserves it for that stellar final season, as well as for the series’ entire run. Crazy this is only its second nomination in the category. This is the show that should have been winning every year, not Modern Family.

11. Babybop says:

Parks and Rec should get it, but Transparent will. I’m okay as long as it’s not Modern Family.

• mike says:

Parks Deserves this hands down! However the awards shows love to push agendas, check boxes to “inspire” and “educate” the viewer. They pick shows to make sure social agendas are met, they pick shows so pay cable networks are met, the pick shows that stream on services, they pick shows that push political agendas. For once I wish they would pick based on merit alone, funny is funny no matter the material or agenda we do not need to be told what is funny. Parks is funny, deserves the win more then any of the other shows mentioned. Would have been great to Last Man on Earth, The Goldbergs, on the list.

12. thisismenow says:

The only one to actually make me laugh out of the set is Kimmy, but I like Louie CK enough I would throw a ballot for him IRL. The others I didn’t feel. Parks & Rec was great up until the last season. It just felt rushed this year. Modern Family is becoming stale and every episode is becoming a by the number drag.

13. Mr. Tran K says:

Really hope Parks & Rec will and should win. Who knows what will happen if Modern Family’s streak comes to an end.

14. IMHO says:

I don’t think Big Bang Theory was “snubbed”. I think the writers phoned it in this season. Perhaps the 2 Season pickup by the network made the creative team a bit lazy.
    Hopefully the lack of an Emmy Nom will snap them out of it.
    I would like to see Silicon Valley win.
    Modern Family is a fine but enough already.
    I wouldn’t mind if Ty Burrell won for best supporting in comedy though, the guy is hilarious.

15. Zia says:

Firstly what it SHOULD be is NOT Modern Family. I just hope its Parks.. Such an unbelievable amazing show deserves atleast one..

16. Matthew says:

Modern Family or Veep for sure.

17. Lizo says:

P&R should win, but as long as Modern Family doesn’t win this year, I don’t care. I don’t think the voters even watch comedy shows, they just keep voting the same thing every year.
    Parks & Rec for the win

18. Joe says:

ugh none of the above

19. Rockell says:

Brooklyn Nine Nine.
    Oh wait…

20. Brian Hotchkiss says:

Parks deserves the win because it’s the best show and it was their final season and final year to get on the ballot. Modern Family doesn’t need it again this year.

21. A says:

I really want Veep to win, but I also want to see Modern Family win again just to see all the haters explode out of jealousy.

22. bg says:

None of those you listed.
    Maybe: Mike and Molly; Mom; The Middle; The Big Bang Theory

23. Dave says:

Let’s all just take a moment to acknowledge that The Big Bang Theory was FINALLY left out. Thank goodness! What a terrible “comedy.”

24. Ron says:

I’m throwing in my vote for Parks & Rec. It’s my sentimental pick. Plus, season 7, while not my favorite nor the best, was still pretty good. I’ve honestly never been able to get into Silicon Valley. I find it to be a pretty dreadful show. But I may be in the minority with that. Unlike everyone else who says “As long as Modern Family doesn’t win…”, I’m gonna say, “As long as Transparent doesn’t win…” Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy the show. But we all know Tambor is the only one that truly makes that show. If you take away Tambor’s performance, that show is actually pretty dreadful. The writing and acting (aside from Tambor) isn’t as good as it could be, certainly not good enough to win the Emmy for best comedy. Not to mention, I hate the fact that it’s NOT REALLY A COMEDY!!! But I have a feeling it may take home the win because it’s the “trendy” show.

25. ScottJ says:

I thought comedies were supposed to be funny. Very few of the listed shows actually are.

26. Mary says:

I cannot say even ONE of these shows are COMEDIES! Why does Modern Family always win? Some gay couples….a woman with an accent so strong we can’t understand her…this show…like all the others…are totally annoying with that continuous LAUGH BUTTON! Every word they say ..on any show…is NOT funny

27. Magali says:

Both Brooklyn Nine Nine and You’re The Worst are better than any of these choices. I would be okay with Kimmy or Parks.

28. SW says:

I just finished binge-watching Parks and Rec last night (it only took me a week and a half to finish because I was so hooked), and I’d have to give it my vote. I can’t believe it hasn’t won one yet. I didn’t love Season 7 as much as the others, but I still think it deserves to win for it’s last year. It would be a nice send-off. With that said, I know how disappointing and predictable the Emmy voters are every year, so I won’t get my hopes up.

29. Funniest show of the year was “Hollywood, Florida.” But based on the nominees, I’d choose “Silicon Valley” or “Veep.” Haven’t seen “Transparent” and thought “Kimmy Schmidt” was quite good. “Parks” would be a fine choice as a send-off to a much loved show. As long as “Louie” (much too dark and self-absorbed this year) and “Antiquated Family” don’t win, I will be satisfied.

30. Jennifer says:

I know its easy to hate on a show that has won five years in a row, but I have to say that I think Modern Family is still churning out wonderfully funny product. I can’t say I’d be disappointed if it won again.
    I watch all but two of these shows and I would be very happy with a Parks & Rec win as well. Or Veep. That show is fantastic.

31. Nick says:

Parks and Rec or Silicon Valley. I don’t find the others funny.

32. HAP says:

What bothers me the most is that while two supporting actors on Kimmy Schmidt got nominations, Ellie Kemper did not. What is the show without Kimmy?

33. Kathy says:

Big Bang Theory should be one of the options. Best comedy on TV

34. Ashly says:

My personal fave is Parks and Rec but as long as Modern Family doesn’t win I’m happy. I can not fathom how people find that show humorous. It’s just boring.