Nina Dobrev Teen Choice Awards

Nina Dobrev Says Goodbye to TVD's Elena During 2015 Teen Choice Awards

Just when we thought we’d made peace with Nina Dobrev‘s exit from The Vampire Diaries, the former CW star made a special appearance at Sunday’s Teen Choice Awards to remind us what we’ll be missing this fall.

Dobrev won the surfboard for Choice TV Actress, Sci-Fi/Fantasy — appropriately presented by her personal doppelganger Victoria Justice — but it wasn’t her (well-deserved) win that had fans talking tweeting up a storm.

“The last few months have been a pretty big change for me,” she said, after removing an enormous pair of fangs. “Change… It’s a scary word, or at least I used to think that, because it meant new beginnings. New beginnings of a future that was unknown. But change is necessary, necessary for you to grow and to learn and to better yourself. Because everything in life comes to an end.”

“As this chapter of my life comes to an end, I look back on it with a grateful heart and a big smile,” she continued. “Just like my character Elena, I started this show as a young girl. … These were six incredible years I’ve had the pleasure of spending with all of you guys.”

Watch Dobrev’s speech below, then drop a comment with your feelings. (Come on, we know you’ve got a few.)

1. Ninafan says:

I love it, no more Elena!! Thanks for that Nina but I will miss your portrayal of Kathrine! Good luck and hope to see you in many movies.

• Kat says:

Same I liked Elena in the first three seasons but then they changed her character so much that no one could recognize her. It’s sad that it took Nina leaving for us to get a break but if that’s what it took then I’m glad. Nina will do so much better than playing a brainless girl. Also loved Katherine and was upset they killed her off it should’ve been Elena!

2. ABG. says:

I love her. Her last few episodes were pretty good and made me sad she was leaving.

• lechatnoir says:

she should have been someone’s dinner. She was let off scot free, this is not okay. a vampire should have torn her to pieces.

3. Whatever says:

I am happy Elena is gone but hope Dobrev has success in the future

• greeneyes says:

I wish that too! Without Elena the show is nothing but going to be blasted away into oblivion. All those haters claiming this to be the best thing will soon tire away of the show. Such dumb people to hate the lead acter/actress, why bother to watch the show then?

4. wrstlgirl says:

She’ll be back, guaranteed.

• lechatnoir says:

Hopefully as someone’s dinner.

• Evan says:

That’s true, she shoudln’t say goodbye the way she did, when it’s a foregone conclusion if not in the final episode of the series, at least during whenever the final season is, she’ll come back to wake up.

You are currently done with the show, but you can’t do the ” victory lap” per se when at hte right time, you’ll be back. You should just go “You’ll know when the time is right, you’ll see if she ever wakes up.”

• greeneyes says:

5. Ash says:

Hated Elena. Loved Katherine. Since they killed off Katerina I’m okay to see Dobrev go. Good luck to her in the future though.

6. Viv says:

What a class act! Applause, applause, applause…

7. Jake says:

Good riddance, the girl cannot act to save her life. She is basically one emotion. Now that you are free perhaps you can eat something…

8. brandydanforth81 says:

Great speech,I’ll actually miss Elena

9. Well it is so sad that the vampire diaries had to end. Well I hope to see more intresting movies like TVD

10. zed says:

There, Nina said it Change! TVD should also embrace change with Bamon taking the lead.With Carenzo following! All the best to Nina!!

11. Canibeninasfriend? says:

Nooooo!!!!! Why did she have to leave???? I’m so sad but if Nina keeps making new movies and I get to watch them then I’m ok

12. Delena says:

Would all of you stop hating and just get over your selves if you didn’t like her then that’s your problem no one else’s that your all spiteful bitches

13. Delena says:

Stop hating and get over your selves if you didn’t like elena that’s no one fault but your own so stop being such spiteful b#tches

14. Delena says:

All of you stop hating if you didn’t like her then that’s no ones fault but your own so just shut up and stop being such spiteful skitches

15. Delena says:

Stop being so spiteful and grow up you children you act like your in the 7th grade dear god if you didn’t like her that’s no ones fault but your own so just get over your selves and fix what ever is wrong with u