Emmys

Emmys Poll 2015: Who Should Win Supporting Actress in a Drama?

There are two prior Emmy winners in the 2015 race for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series — and both of ’em struck gold in comedy categories.

Indeed, Christine Baranski — nominated for the sixth consecutive year for The Good Wife — took home her sole statuette back in 1995 for Cybill.

Fellow nominee Uzo Aduba, meanwhile, won Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series in 2014 for Season 1 of Orange Is the New Black — and this year, gets an upgrade to Supporting Actress, as well as a switch to the drama race.

While Baranski and Aduba won’t have to deal with 2013-2014 winner Anna Gunn (thanks to Breaking Bad‘s exit from the airwaves) or 2012 winner Maggie Smith (snubbed this time around for Downton Abbey) that doesn’t mean the competition won’t be stiff.

Downton Abbey‘s Joanne Froggatt is hoping to win on her third time at the big dance; Game of Thrones‘ Lena Headey and Emilia Clarke are each in the race for the second time; and then there’s Christina Hendricks.

While much has been written about Jon Hamm’s current 0-for-7 record heading into the 2015 ceremony, his Mad Men co-star Hendricks has suffered her own case of bridesmaid blues over the last few years. Indeed, Hendricks’ latest nod represents her sixth and final chance to take home the prize for playing Joan Harris.

What would you do if you had the power to honor one of these fine actresses when the Emmys are handed out on Sept. 20? Take our poll below to vote for your favorite, then hit the comments to justify your pick!

Every weekday for the next couple of weeks, we’ll launch another “Who Should Win?” Emmy poll, so come back to TVLine.com to weigh in on who’s most worthy of TV’s biggest honors!

1. Midnight says:

Although Uzo Abuda was incredible in S2 of OITNB, Lena Headey stole the season with her Mother’s Mercy Walk of Shame. She conveyed all those emotions with only facial expressions. Incredible and deserves the Emmy.

2. A fan of TV says:

I get the feeling Hendricks has this, which doesn’t bother me, even though Lena Headey or Uzo Aduba would be my first choices.

3. webly3 says:

I’d be perfectly happy if Uzo Aduba or Lena Headey won. I’d be okay with Hendricks. Everyone else simply doesn’t deserve to win.

4. Mr. Tran K says:

Lena Headey. Her performance in the GoT season finale was outstanding and on the spot.

5. Lisa says:

Really pulling for headey here

6. A. D. says:

If Headey wouldn’t have used a body double for her walk scene, I’d say go for it, but she didn’t give it her all, only half of her all.

• Spence says:

What additional acting would you have expected her to accomplish with her full body if it wasn’t a double? I haven’t watched it yet, but from what I’ve heard of that scene, all the power of the acting came from her facial expressions and ability to show her shame purely from her face, so what “acting” would you have expected from her body that wasn’t already exhibited beautifully in her face? My point is: do you truly believe the power of that scene would’ve been amplified if it was HER nude body, because I personally think these arguments that her talent has been dismissed is absolutely ridiculous. As a matter of fact, the fact that she used only her face to bring that force of acting is even more reason to applaud her, not to tear her down because it wasn’t her full body.

• She was VERY pregnant when that scene was filmed.

• Lucifer says:

She had to use a body double because she was very pregnant at the time. Headey is no stranger to nudity and has shown it all time and time again, but Cersei isn’t pregnant and the nudity was a must for the sequence. Also, in the close-up shots, that was Lena walking through the crowds. Whatever the case, her performance came from her facial expressions and emotions so I think she definitely is worthy of the nomination and win.

7. Spence says:

Uzo most definitely. I love Joanne but Anna just didn’t have a very thrilling plot this season, nothing worthy of an Emmy.

8. Christian says:

Christine Baranski.. it’s time, emmys!

9. John Davis says:

I think Mad Men will only win the lead actor and drama series category. Supporting actress will be Christine Baranski, I guess.

10. bridyyc says:

La Baranski is amazing on the Good Wife. Complete stand out. This last season wasn’t her strongest though so if she wins, it’s for the role overall.

11. DarkDefender says:

I didn’t see my favorite 3 supporting actresses… Tatiana Maslany or Tatiana Maslany or… Um.. Tatiana Maslany. ;)

12. pattyg says:

It’s weird, I have an image in my head of Hendricks on stage with an Emmy statue, I didn’t realise she’d never won.
    Headey’s my favourite, but given the Emmy’s bias against genre especially under acting categories it’s more likely to go to Aduba or Hendricks. Or maybe Baranski.

13. JON says:

Lena Headey all the way. I think Christina Hendricks should have a couple of years back, when Maggie Smith won.

14. Revenger says:

Lena Headey with her walk of Atonement!

15. hgrimes says:

Christine Baranski is amazing but seeing as it’s Mad Men’s last year, Hendricks might take it! I love both actresses though , equally deserving!

16. Hatmovies says:

For me its Christine Baranski, I like the dominating performance of her. It is my personal view, it’s not like that who is deserving or not. So, if I have to give the “Emmy Award”, I will choose Christine without any doubt :).

17. Temperance says:

I really can’t decide here. And in reality, it should be a toss up for Lead Actress between Eva Green (Penny Dreadful) and Viola Davis (HTGAWM), with Cicely Tyson hands down winning the guest slot for HTGAWM.

18. suzyku says:

Why is Suits left out?! Great show with wonderful acting, especially Gabriel Macht!

• Gerald says:

Good Question. But this category is for Supporting Actress so Gina (Jessica), Sarah (Donna) and Meghan (Rachel) all should have been nominated with Gina for the win. Crazy good actresses on this show.