Law & Order Revival

Law & Order Revival Series Update: 'Everybody Wants To Do It'

Following reports that NBC is eyeing a limited Law & Order revival series, featuring original cast members of the long-running franchise, creator Dick Wolf on Thursday offered a brief update.

“As you’ve heard, everybody wants to do it,” Wolf told reporters at the Television Critics Association summer press tour in Beverly Hills. “It is a question of … most of the people involved are very successful in their careers. To try to get everything in sequence is much more difficult than it looks on the outside. I am always an optimist. I would love to do it if we can make it work.”

As previously reported, the limited series would likely receive a 10-episode order; original stars, including Chris Noth and Sam Waterston, have reportedly been approached.

1. They should bring back Moriarty as Stone.

2. Andrea says:

I want this to happen.

3. April says:

Do it! Do it! Please!

4. Would love this! Hope it works out.

5. The Grinch says:

Noth and Waterston yes. Anderson and Sisto no. And I believe Michael Moriarty is a secluded head case up in Canada last I heard.

• Anderson and Sisto are doing other shows. Noth can only do it if he isn’t in The Good Wife anymore. Benjamin Bratt , Carey Lowell, and Danny Pino should have been approached. If they wait until late next year, they might be able to get Angie Harmon back(if Rizzoli and Isles ends, which may happen).

• Ed says:

what does Danny Pino have to do with the Mothership?

• Zoe says:

Absolutely nothing. I don’t know why he’d be there, honestly. Methinks Goldman is on drugs.

• JB Smooove says:

I think hes saying that it looked like he was on the outs in SVU and he might reconsider his move to LA and stay in homicide.

• 'A' Is Alive says:

Danny Pino was reportedly “let-go” or as they are having us think “left L&O: SVU”. Budget cuts and since they brought in that new guy, Danny’s character had supposedly “ran his course”.

• Michael says:

I agree on the Detective pairings. Sisto really did it for me. Briscoe and Green or Briscoe and Logan were the best.

6. SUSO says:

The micro season would officially make it the longest running drama in history. With an asterisk, but still.

• Miffy says:

Nope. If you count a 10-episode microseries done 6 years after the original series ended, then you also have to count the 5 two hour TV movies that Gunsmoke made from 1987-92. Gunsmoke still would have the record in terms of hours, and in terms of years in production.

7. Wendy says:

I’ll be the Debbie downer here. *Womp, womp*. I love Waterston and Noth. But the longer this is on hold, the less likely I see them involved. Neither man is a spring chicken anymore. And based on past reboots, they rarely live up to the original and can actually taint it if things go really bad. NBC should accept they blew it a long time ago in terms of breaking a record for the Mothership. Leave this alone. Besides, will it be created to also keep SVU afloat as the Chicago franchise seems to be now?

• Because Sam Waterston wants to do it, and because there are ZERO guarantees that Chicago Med will be successful(Laurie Holden left the show) and Chicago PD isn’t knocking anybody’s socks off. This also may be the last season for SVU. NBC needs all the help that they can get.

• Wendy says:

If they do it, they do it. Cool. I just think it’s risky. As for it possibly being SVU’s last season, it has been “possibly the last season” now for at least three years! (I think Wolf is trying to tie the Mothership’s 20 seasons, which seems like a bad idea since SVU seems tired now.)

• Tony says:

I think revivals only taint things if you allow it to. If Buffy, Lost or Friday Night Lights decided to do revival seasons tomorrow and they sucked, it really wouldn’t change how I felt about the originals. I’d just ignore them. With that being said, I think getting back as much as the original (or long time) cast and crew members would be a big boon. Sometimes, revivals fail because there is way too many components not involved from the last series. I also think everyone involved has to keep in mind that while you cant dramatically change characters we know and love, you have to respect that they might be in a different time in their life and/or are living in a differentent world

8. Ashley says:

Sorry, I love Law and Order, but I can’t watch it without Lennie Briscoe. RIP Jerry Orbach!

9. The Rookie says:

Since Van Buren retired and the actress in on another show I would love for Kathryn Erbe to reprise Eames now as the new Lt. of the precinct. That gives us a potential way to bring Goren for a cameo appearance

10. Abe Froman says:

Let’s face it, these “revivals” are just reunion shows with a different label.

11. Lachen says:

YES!! If they don’t bring it back can we have a L&O Channel??? Please!!?? That’s all I watch anyway LOL

12. Briscoe and Curtis says:

If everyone wants to do it…Then Let’s get it done. Clear the schedules and fire up season 21. We’ve waited long enough.

13. Jo B says:

Yes!!’ Logan and McCoy – hell yeah!! Please NBC and Dick Wolf make this happen. Fyi to the people who say Chris Noth can’t do it if he has The Good Wife – Chris is only recurring there. He is not a regular. He can do it! Epatha is with Chicago Med – another Dick Wolf show. That would be easy enough to work out. Sam Waterston is doing Grace and Frankie – but that’s only 13 eps and on Netflix – do NOT see a conflict at all. If they ask Angie Harmon – I’m sure it’ll be okay coz Rizzoli & Isles is a summer show. Carey Lowell is probably free. People that are probably not going to be able to do it are Jesse L. Martin because of The Flash, Alana de la Garza because of Scorpion and. Criminal Minds Beyond Borders, Anthony Anderson because of black-ish. Linus Roache’s Vikings probably would not be a conflict either. And I have not heard Benjamin Bratt doing anything recently. Curtis and Logan would be interesting together. Please do not bring back Michael Moriarty – he might start thinking that he’s an actual lawyer again. And no to Elisabeth Rohm and Melina Govich – neither can’t act. And oh yeah would LOVE to see Dann Florek too. No to Danny Pino and Vincent D’Onofrio they are of the SVU and CI world not Law & Order.

Let’s do this NBC / Dick Wolf!!

14. Mick says:

Moriarty was original not waterson

• Jo B. says:

I don’t really care…sometimes the original cast member isn’t always the best. He went cray cray – started thinking he was an actual lawyer. And Ben Stone was such a boy scout. Ugh. I love the unpredictability and the raw appeal of McCoy.

• Zoe says:

Yeah, but Waterston’s the one everyone remembers.

15. Tom says:

Can we bring back Cop Rock next please?

16. Jo B. says:

It’d be so awesome if they could bring back Adam Schiff!

17. Zoe says:

I need this in my life.

18. JB Smooove says:

shouldn’t have been cancelled in the FIRST friggin’ place, imho.

• dman6015 says:

NBC really doesn’t like Dick Wolf. They tolerate him because his shows are successful. They didn’t want to give him the honor of having produced the longest running show in TV history, so they canceled it abruptly.

19. Doreen says:

I would love to see that happen!!! I watch L&O marathons so it would be great to see new ones!!

20. Nan says:

It should never have been cancelled in the first place….it still is and was the best L&O on TV.

21. joyh2005 says:

Reviving my FAVORITE television show, Law & Order, would be the best thing EVER!
    I know Chicago: Justice is supposed to be “replacing” Law & Order with Ben Stone’s son, Peter, but it is FAR from the monumental McCoy that I’m fond of (wink-wink).