Fall TV Preview
Gabriel Mann Mysteries Of Laura

The Mysteries of Laura Cops Revenge's Gabriel Mann for Season 2 Guest Spot

Gabriel Mann has spied his first post-Revenge gig.

The artist formerly known as Nolan Ross will appear in a Season 2 episode of NBC’s The Mysteries of Laura, he announced via Twitter on Thursday:

TVLine has learned that Mann will play Shane Parker, a “charismatic entrepreneur who co-founded a billion dollar nano-tech company.” (Wait, where have we heard that before?) Shane’s suspicious behavior after his partner’s death gets the attention of the NYPD, making Shane a suspect.

Per Mann’s tweet, Shane will likely spend most of his screen time opposite Laura (Debra Messing), Jake (Josh Lucas) and Meredith (Janina Gavankar).

Shortly following the Messing-led comedy’s renewal, it was revealed that Season 2 would be more about Laura’s life on the force — and less about that three-ring circus she calls a family.

Are you excited to see Nolan Ross (sort of) back on TV? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Gdyby jakiś ślad po plamie został, aplikujemy
    na miejsce środek do wywabiania plam z dywanów i postępujemy zgodnie z etykietą na opakowaniu.

2. Mary says:

I never got into the show but I might have to give it another try when Gabriel is on it.

3. GraceM says:

I liked Laura’s three ring circus she called her family.
    That wasn’t the problem. NBC kept bumping the show for other things. That’s why the ratings were bad.

• LADY_in_MD says:

Totally agree with you the scheduling was terrible for the first season
      I liked her nanny and the kids

• I’m sorry, but the real problem with the show is that it is AWFUL! it was the only fall show renewed by NBC from last season, and only for 13 episodes. if it wasn’t renewed, every new fall show from last season would have been CANCELLED. Renewing this saved a lot of people at NBC from being Fired(and they should have been). This is what is called a PITY RENEWAL, which makes Debra Messing PITY WOMAN. I have no pity for her. This show needs to be cancelled. Sorry if you disagree.

• Temperance says:

Actually, it’s not ‘awful’ at all. It’s simply doesn’t have the (tired) realism/dark/agonizing style that many of the similar shows have on today. It’s more like Rizzoli & Isles, and while that’s not my favorite, I’d choose it 100 times in 100 over, say, (the dreadful) Criminal Minds.

• I would take Rizzoli & Isles 100 times out of 100 times over The Mysteries of Laura. Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander have a zillion times more talent than Debra Messing and Melissa Joan Hart. it is awful. but if you want to disagree with me, that’s fine. It’s a free country. Until LAURA is gone from the airwaves, I will keep doing my best to convince others how awful it is.

• Mj says:

Melissa Joan Hart was on 1 episode of the show. I wouldn’t solely base it on that.

• Julia says:

Is anyone holding a gun to your head to watch TMoL….if you don’t watch the show which I’m guessing you don’t…why are you even here??
          No one cares if this is a pity renewal or not…those who enjoyed s1 will watch s2 & those who didn’t will simply not…

• I’m not watching it. I tried once and I puked. I want it off the air because there are some stupid people who run NBC who think it’s a good idea to pour money into a show(really a corpse) that most everybody thought would be cancelled and continue to take money away from Law & Order SVU for 5 years running now. if the people at NBC are so stupid that they don’t know what they are doing. then I have to wake them up. it does matter that it’s a pity renewal because had it not been renewed, probably 200 people at NBC should have been fired(not counting the people involved with the show). This is a results oriented business and last year was a disaster for NBC. I understand that there is a German version of Laura that is doing well. Feel free to go watch that.

4. CMarie says:

YES. I love Gabriel Mann and will watch anything he is in.

• graze says:

Me too! I keep wondering why I don’t hear about Nolan and Emily in the new fall TV spoilers and then I remember Revenge is over. So glad to see Gabriel Mann in almost anything and I like this show’s light goofy feel. Wish it was longer than one episode but I’ll take this!

5. This show is all about everything that is wrong with NBC. It should have been cancelled by the 10th episode. It should absolutely have been cancelled by the end of the season. It definitely better be cancelled after the 13 episode renewal is up. To put more money into this disaster and take money away from Law & Order SVU is not only disgraceful, it is insane. SVU was a Top 50 TV Guide show last season, LAURA WASN’T EVEN CLOSE. This show was a corpse by the end of last season, and NBC is pouring money into a corpse. Writing Danny Pino out of SVU because of money and spending more money on this is ridiculous. Debra Messing and Melissa Joan Hart are 2 of the most overpaid/ZERO TALENT women in television. Messing must have some major dirt on NBC for them to keep paying her $250,000 an episode for this nightmare.

• Julia says:

Here’s to season 2…enjoyed all the quirkiness of season 1

• Mj says:

Melissa Joan Hart was on 1 episode. She is not a main character. You keep saying it should be cancelled but it is obvious you know nothing about the show to warrant such an opinion. The show is very entertaining.

• Thanks for your opinion(it’s a free country) but I have watched it and it’s AWFUL. I tried to watch it more and I turned it OFF! Now that I know that NBC is bringing this debacle back for a FULL SEASON, You will see me ripping it often. If Melissa Joan Hart was only in one episode(I read an article that gave me an impression she was a regular) I will stop picking on her. The fact that LAURA wasn’t TV GUIDE TOP 50 show and got a full season renewal, while STALKER was and got cancelled, speaks volumes about how out of control NBC is. this show was described by someone last year as the “anchor that is pulling SVU and CHICAGO PD Down” and it is.

6. N says:

I’ll watch anything Gabe is on!

7. Missy Kelly says:

Yes!!!! Get him a new series

8. Matt C. says:

Gabriel Mann is way too good for a one-episode guest spot. I’m still holding out hope that they develop a Revenge spin-off centered around Nolan. I would watch the hell outta that. But if not that, then definitely get him a series regular role on another show! He deserves it!

9. I love Revenge says:

Of course I’m so excited that Gabe will be back on our TVs!!! However that means I need to start watching The Mysteries of Laura!!

10. Gabriel may give this show the boost it needs. I sure will watch with him in it

11. Nikki says:

Give Gabriel Mann his own show, preferably a spin off of Revenge.