X-Files Annabeth Gish Revival

The X-Files: Annabeth Gish to Reprise Reyes in Fox's Revival

Agent Monica Reyes is officially on the case.

Annabeth Gish will once more play the G-woman in Fox’s X-Files revival, TVLine has learned.

Reyes will appear in one episode of the upcoming six-episode event series, which is set to return on Jan. 24.

VIDEO X-Files Promo Blitz Continues: ‘Are You Ready for This, Scully?’

Sources confirm that Gish’s on-screen partner Robert Patrick, now on CBS’ Scorpion, will not be part of the revival. (At least, not in this universe…)

Reyes was last seen in the series finale, helping Mulder and Scully’s evade capture in the New Mexico desert.

RELATED The X-Files Revival Adds Robbie Amell and Lauren Ambrose as New Agents

Other familiar Files faces taking part in the revival include Mitch Pileggi, William B. Davis, Tom Braidwood, Dean Haglund, Bruce Harwood and Sheila Larken.

Gish’s post-X-Files work includes roles on Pretty Little Liars, The Bridge and Sons of Anarchy.

1. Heather says:

Would love to see Doggett, too, but I’m glad we will see Reyes!

2. Nothing against Annabeth, but this is the first piece of news that I’m not happy about. 6 episodes doesn’t leave enough time for tangents like that. Thank goodness Robert is otherwise occupied.

3. Concerned says:

She was the worst! Would much rather have Dogget than her oh well

4. Andrew L says:

Wow. This seems so incredibly pointless. I mean if you were bringing Doggett back, I guess it would make sense to have her tag along. But on her own… why?

• Ryan Beaty says:

That doesn’t completely make sense to me. Doggett was introduced as a solo character at first. He brought Reyes in as a consultant and it wasn’t until several episodes in that Reyes became more a part of the X-Files. So why does he need to be around for her character to be present?

5. Drew says:

I thought we knew this already… Either way, glad to hear it. It’s a shame that Doggett won’t be back. Hopefully we will get an update on him anyway.
    A lot of the other people returning are supposed to be dead. I think that too many of them are supposed to be dead. I hope all of the resurrections aren’t silly.

6. kmw says:

With all of the other ones returning and new agents also cast this six episode event is getting crowded. I liked her but I don’t feel her return especially without Doggett is necessary

7. Marý ramsay says:

It’s been too long without the x files

8. Ana Cleary says:

Hmmm, Reyes comes back in the last episode? Maybe Mulder and Scully finally get hitched and she’s her maid of honor given she was Scully’s one and only female friend ever. My shipper heart would explode. (Or while Scully and Mulder are estranged and he’s off line dancing with the Lone Gunmen and riding the mechanical bull shirtless, Scully can ask Tad to borrow his limo to hook up with Reyes, finally resolving all that sexual tension they had going on. I’d pay to watch that, lol). Anyway, I think it’s great news. WHALE SONGS!!

9. HristinaB says:

Scully is the ONLY person on the show deserving the title “G-woman”. Lets not mess with that, please.

10. loli says:

No. Just, no.
    I like Gish as an actress, but Reyes is a really annoying character.

Can we have Krycek and Covorrubias instead?

• Chris says:

I would love for krycek to come back one of my favorites, and o can’t remember how he was wrapped up ? Just restarted the show and haven’t watched since I binged the whole show the summer before I want to believe came out

11. Ryan Beaty says:

I don’t understand Reyes hate. Other than being given way too much exposition, she was a huge advocate for Mulder and Scully. She brought a new age open-mindedness to the group…always had that twinkle in her eye…What made her so “annoying” to people? Because she wasn’t Scully?

• Brooke says:

Probably because people didn’t want the show to lose its focus on its main two characters. I liked Doggett and Reyes quite a bit though.

12. Angus says:

Good only one epi. Couldn’t stand her in the orig series.

13. Will says:

I love agent Reyes! So happy she’s back! I hope they dont bring her back just so she would take a bullet for Scully or something. I have a horrible feeling they would kill her off though!