Ray Donovan, Masters of Sex Renewed for Season 4 at Showtime

Showtime is standing by its summer Sunday one-two-punch, renewing Ray Donovan and Masters of Sex for fourth seasons.

The premium cabler made the announcement Tuesday at its portion of the Television Critics Association summer press tour in Beverly Hills.

Both series’ upcoming seasons will consist of 12 one-hour episodes slated to begin production in 2016.

Showtime Networks Inc. president David Nevins called Ray Donovan and Masters of Sex “signature series” for the cabler. “They are emblematic of what Showtime stands for – quality, premium programming that you cannot find anywhere else on television. We’re so proud to continue offering both series across all our platforms.”

Got feelings about the renewals? Tell us about it in the comments!

1. lqza says:

I’m finding it hard to watch Ray Donovan now, it has become so dreary to watch. It’s just depressing.

• Mara says:

Agreed. I used to love it but now it’s just really hard to watch. It doesn’t seem to be moving forward.

• BrittBrat says:

Same here. I didn’t bother watching this week’s episode because it’s so bad.

• Will says:

The first three episodes, with Terry’s fate uncertain, were the best the show’s ever been. The episode after went back to the show’s boring self, but this past week’s episode had some lightness in Ray’s case that I really liked. It was Ray at his gruff and humorless-yet-funny best.

2. wrstlgirl says:

Love Ray Donovan. Masters of Sex…..meh.

3. Richard Cooper says:

This is fantastic news one of the best programmes on television.

4. Guilherme says:

Great, love Masters of Sex!

5. Love it Ray is the best show on TV love Liev & Jon!

6. Bringing both back are good decisions. if Ray Donovan had been cancelled. someone would have picked it up pretty quickly.

7. I was so worried for Masters of Sex. YAAAAAAAAAAS

8. Will says:

Masters season 1 was awesome! Season 2 and beyond….. not so much.

9. Ken Alt says:

If you don’t like Ray Donovan, you don’t ljke awesome TV. Grest show, looking forward to Season 4!

10. Beth Sutton says:

Ray Donovan is one of the best shows on TV.. It’s gripping, high quality material and I’m so glad it’s been renewed for as many shows as possible !

11. I absolutely Ray Donovan. But, I love Katherine Moennig even more. Her wise ass attitude has rolled over from The L Word.

12. Deb says:

Wonder if Mick (Jon Voight’s character) will return for season 4 since he agreed to leave LA per Ray’s request.

13. Ricky says:

That is great news! Ray Donavan is the only show that has filled the awesome chasm of the Soprano’s and Dexter. Total appointment TV in our home, and one of the main reasons I subscribe to SHO.

14. nader and eva says:

Ray Donovan is the best show on tv!!! So excited for more! Hope it never ends. A movie would be pretty awesome too.. Just throwing it out there…. :)

15. Roaemary Garrison says:

I love Ray Donovan and Masters of Sex. I can hardly wait for these two programs to air on Sunday night. I am so glad that they are both renewed for Season 4. Thank you Showtime for having such great quality programs.

16. Karen says:

Love this show. So glad renewed.

17. john russell says:

Ray Donovan is THE BEST….no question….we csnt wait for season 4!!!!!!!

18. chris says:

Ray Donavan is one of the best series out right now. Liev is great playing this roll of someone who is in one hand a total mess but then again takes care of business. This season was kinda dark which is verry good had a few diff plots in the whole season. Cant wait till next season maybe with some good luck for Ray and his family but still need that gangster Ray to come out too!

19. just watched the last Ray Donavan…..gotta say it’s the only program I wait for all week….well, maybe “The Good Wife ” too, but for different reasons. I’m surprised Liev isn’t doing more stuff…. the guy is spell binding…you couldn’t ask for a more believable role player. I’m already waiting for season 4….meanwhile I look forward to Banshee, which is about 1/2 as good as Donavon at best

20. Debbie says:

I will be counting the days until Season 4 of Ray Donovan. I love this show! This show has filled the hole “The Sopranos” left for me. Can not wait!!!!!!

21. Linda Joiner says:

Love Masters of Sex and Ray Donovan. I’ve watched them both from the very beginning. Very happy both will be renewed for a 4th season.. Great writing and superb acting.

22. J says:

Could not be happier to hear that Ray will be back.

23. Karen Barlia says:

Ray Donovan is addicting. When each episode ends , I want more, more, more!

24. Jerry says:

RAY DONOVAN is the best quality TV viewing since JUSTIFIED !!!

25. Patty Hoffman says:

I am so happy to hear that Ray Donovan is renewed. I really enjoy that show!!! I also like Masters of Sex but wish they wouldn’t add all that stuff about her kids. Stick to their relationship and work!!

26. edrena cosby says:

Love the show best tv show I seen in a long time

27. Yasaar says:

Insanely excited and dying with anticipation for the new season of Masters of Sex. Cannot wait!

28. PGL says:

Thank God!!!! Can’t do without both shows…. Topped off with a good dose of Shameless!!!

29. Tammy Jacks says:

Love this show can’t wait for season 4 keep up the good work please keep ray the way he is that keeps the show interesting

30. Daneil gutt says:

We just love the show!! Cant wait for season 4 to begin. Great show cannot wait for season for. One of the best shows ever on Showtime.

31. Marie Ryznar says:

Can’t wait for the fourth season of both Ray Donovan and Masters of Sex. Hope The Affair has a next season.

32. Becky says:

EXCELLENT CHOICES. I watch both series and they are both FANTASTIC with GREAT actors.
    Keep them ALIVE!!!!

33. Marina Rose says:

Please continue, love Ray Donovan :well made ,amazing actors, can’t wait to see what’s next

34. Cinda & Steve Skelley says: