Fall TV Preview
Constantine on Arrow

Arrow to Get a Visit From Constantine

Oliver Queen may be getting a little help from Constantine.

Matt Ryan will bring his titular demon hunter from the cancelled NBC series to The CW’s Arrow, the network announced Tuesday at the Television Critics Association summer press tour in Beverly Hills.

“It’s a great one-shot episode,” CW President Mark Pedowitz said. Following the panel, Pedowitz teased that “a character will get resurrected” during the installment.

“We are thrilled to have Matt Ryan reprise the role of John Constantine on an upcoming episode of Arrow,” co-showrunner Marc Guggenheim said in a statement. “Matt is an incredibly talented actor and his portrayal of this beloved character was always something we admired. The introduction of magic and mysticism on the show this season has provided a truly organic opportunity for us to bring John Constantine to Arrow and the CW’s DC universe. It will be a well-deserved tip of the hat to all the Constantine fans who were so incredibly supportive of that series.”

When last we saw Matt Ryan’s trenchcoat-wearing “exorcist, demonologist and master of the dark arts,” he had determined that the brujeria were behind The Rising Darkness… and then we learned that one of his alleged allies was actually working against him.

Arrow returns Wednesday, Oct. 7 at 8/7c.

1. Mike says:

awesome news

2. Murica! says:

Great news! Constantine should have been on the CW. They could have aired it with Supernatural.

3. Dave says:

so i need to watch constantine…c’mon man…i need to get a life…

4. Emmy says:

yay! i love constantine, i was so sad when they cancelled it

5. People were like “I want Supergirl in Arrow and/or Flash” and instead it’s like, “surprise, here’s Constantine!”.

6. Hopefully it’ll be like in time’s past when one show wrapped up a cliffhanger from another, like Lone Gunmen in X-Files and I think Invisible Man did with a show called Prey.

7. Today Constantine, tomorrow Stanley and His Monster!

8. french5851 says:

So cool! I need some Constantine!

9. They should try to find a place for him on The Legends of Tomorrow. I’m sure a Supernatural Expert could come in handy.

10. Definitely trying something different. Let’s see if it works.

11. Lysh says:

I couldn’t get into Constantine, but I’m glad he’s getting another shot on Arrow. I’m looking forward to it!

12. mac says:

Now give us an epic Merlyn vs Constantine fight!

13. CJ Dawn says:

Any chance this could be more than just a one-shot? Because I need a lot more Constantine in my life.

• Katie_Mead says:

Atm, it’s just being billed as a one-off appearance in S04E05 Haunted, the episode involving the resurrection we all knew would be coming. Who knows? if the cast chemistry is good, maybe there could be further appearances in the Flarrowverse down the line.

14. aph1976 says:

I think this could be very interesting for Arrow and take the show in a new and exciting direction.Plus seeing Arrow and Constantine teaming up could be very interesting to see how they work together.Plus even though right now this is just for a one shot episode depending on how things Constantine could make other visits.Plus maybe Constantine will ultimately end up Legends Of Tomorrow and this is just the first step of that happening.

15. Carla Krae says:

Yay yay yay!

16. A. D. says:

AWESOME! I hope this leads to more!

17. Montie says:

What are the chances that this could lead to The CW deciding to bring back Constantine? I don’t watch any CW shows but I’d start for Constantine.

18. A.M says:

Stephen Amell must be really excited..he tweeted that if Constantine got a new home he’d guest star….
    So demons are coming to Starling city

19. But will he be able to smoke?

20. CJ says:

Since they couldn’t figure out how to keep the show going elsewhere, this is a really great alternative. Never would’ve even thought about this, but what a great idea. Very exciting for the fans.

21. Pat says:

I was so disappointed when NBC cancelled this show, so hey CW how about picking it up and giving it a try? I watch Arrow so I will be looking forward to seeing “Constantine” surface on this show.

22. Liz says:

I really couldn’t care less but if he has to be on the show, the episode where they resurrect Sara is probably the best time.

I’d really like to hear less about these guest stars and more about core cast members like Diggle and Felicity. What about their story arcs?

23. nabocane says:

Here’s hoping for a ‘Constantine’ revival on the CW. Great series, stuck in the hell of Friday nights on a major network.

24. gts says:

So is this the blind item?

25. DarkDefender says:

Best.News.Ever.

26. Joey Padron says:

great news! happy Matt will be playing title character again! this gonna be a great episode!

27. Amanda says:

I loved Constantine, the show, the comic book, the movie, and Matt Ryan as the man himself. I was very unhappy with the cancellation, and Murical is right, it should have been on the CW from the beginning. If no one resurrects the show itself, maybe a recurring role on Arrow would be great.

28. ms Thang says:

I want to see a series featuring Constantine, Zatanna, Madame Xanadu and Phantom Stranger.

29. DatDude says:

hope it goes well and encourages the CW to bring the show back in some form.

30. LynnH says:

Awesome!!!

31. I am so frigging excited for this! Constantine was the show that deserved to be renewed the most out of all the cancelled shows

32. I hope its tommy. We already know sara is coming back via the pit for LoT, so maybe someone else comes backs by supernatural means.

33. Shia Zen says:

I love constantine yay~

34. Imagecrafters says:

Excellent news!! I don’t watch Arrow, but I will now!

35. Ab1973 says:

He’s a snarky dick, so his interactions with Oliver have the potential to be priceless.

36. herman1959 says:

It looks like Arrow will have some great guest roles to (re)build the show around which should make the frequent Flash crossovers unneeded. Last season, Oliver/Felicity showed up in CC a little too often for me.

37. Jared says:

I still don’t get why NBC buried this show on Friday nights.

38. I admit that I wasn’t a fan of Constantine, but I love that the character is coming to Arrow. I am *so* excited!