Under the Dome Season 4

CBS Boss Talks Supergirl Crossovers, Dome and POI Futures and More

Supergirl will cross over with her super friends over on The CW — in a manner of speaking.

Appearing at the Television Critics Association press tour in Beverly Hills, CBS Entertainment chair Nina Tassler told TVLine, “We have not had conversations about [storyline] crossovers” between the freshman drama Supergirl and The CW’s own DC Comics-based series, Arrow and The Flash, “but we are doing crossover promotions. So you will see promotional crossovers” — meaning, ads for Supergirl airing on The CW and vice versa — “but not in terms of the characters.”

Elaborating on the issue, Tassler added, “You really have to be respectful and mindful of what each universe says you can and can’t do. Obviously, we’re working very closely with DC, and our [Supergirl] producer, Greg Berlanti, is the poster child for this field. Right now, we’re not doing it [storyline-wise]…. But we’ll always stay open.”

Other topics tackled by Tassler during her press Q&A:

* Asked about the future of Under the Dome — which just hit series lows in the ratings — Tassler previewed, “The dome is coming down at the end of this season, but that opens up a host of other storytelling opportunities” — which may or may not be enough to seed a Season 4.

* Tassler admitted the network will “probably not” re-open The Briefcase, its mildly rated, ethically iffy summertime reality series: “The show didn’t land… the audience didn’t respond.”

* Echoing that which she said at the May Upfronts, Tassler said, “We haven’t determined yet” if Person of Interest‘s truncated, delayed Season 5 will bt its last.

* Addressing the suggestion of ageism in recent Big Brother casting, Tassler avowed, “We will absolutely have characters over 40” moving forward.

1. “So you will see promotional crossovers, but not in terms of the characters.” Good. When a Supergirl and a Flash crossover, death follows.

2. steve says:

we all no it very likely is POI final season i wish they would just come out & say so. So we can no for sure we will get a good ending/wrap up

• Deion says:

That is all I would want. A decent wrap up.

• cyn says:

I think it depends on the ratings and contracts. If the ratings are out the park, they are sure to renew it, but I really hope they don’t because I want the series to leave on a hight note. That being said, they need to wrap it up well.

3. Mr. Tran K says:

There’s still hope for a definite final season for POI and still questions on which CBS series will get the coveted post Super Bowl episode for the big game on February 7, 2016. As for a Supergirl crossover, sure thing.

4. Kiki says:

“We will absolutely have characters over 40″ – is that an exact quote? And people are still calling it “reality” TV.

• Dude says:

Funny that Julie Chen was defending the ageism, saying the reason this cast is so “likable” is because they’re young and “more open minded” like she’s completely forgotten that in the most racist, terrible season they had (season 15), all the most awful racist people were under 30.

• bj says:

Bet she wouldn’t be defending it if they were including the host in that under 40 group.

• Ghg says:

That was the best season! Don’t you watch tv for drama with good heroes and villains. Who wants to watch a bunch of hippies sitting around the house?

• Tim says:

He could have even said over 30, considering Shelli’s the only 30 something in the house.

• madhatter360 says:

Anyone else feel a little icky about them being referred to as characters, rather than contestants? I do it sometimes talking about the show, but then I usually correct myself. I know reality TV is very manipulated but they are real people

5. CountryQueen says:

I hope Dome has a decent ending. I will not return next season. I’m barely hanging on now.

• Emor says:

I’m still trying to figure out how, according to this report, you can call it under the dome in future seasons, if there is no dome?

• Zerb says:

Just as 2 of Prison Break’s 4 seasons didn’t involve them breaking out of prison, but dealt with the ramifications of the breakouts, therefore making the title still fit in it’s own way, a season of Dome that deals with the ramifications from having being under the dome, can still make the title legit.

6. Will Drake says:

Dome should have ended as a one season mini series as originally intended. I watched the opening season with one episode they were shooting each other over who controls the well that was supplying water and the next episode has a character racing across a lake in a speed boat. That was the changeover from Dome being a min series to a full series.

When the LOST the logic they LOST me and I wasn’t going to hang around for the polar bear.

7. Mary says:

I’d be fine with the cross-overs for Supergirl with Arrow and The Flash being limited to news stories about each other on their respective shows. Like Kara seeing a story about Barry or Oliver, or both doing something. And them seeing stories about her stopping a bad guy. I don’t see why they couldn’t at least do that in the first season of Supergirl.

8. Belle says:

Dome got way too off track…it was awesome first season and the first half of season 2 but since then it’s like the writer’s are living in a dome themselves – crazy crap going on…it lost it’s impact and the tone of SK’s book!!! So sad it will likely end with the Dome opening at season end.

9. Alicia Gray says:

The CBS slighting of POI is really just sad and makes me reevaluate my desire to watch anything on this network.

10. prish says:

Please, please let POI have a full season of episodes to wind things up, properly, then. Thanks for a great show!

11. Ghg says:

Re big brother Julie Chen is old enough to cover any age gaps in the contestants. Can’t they get a new host that isn’t made of clay or spare parts?

12. James says:

Crossovers don’t always work as Flash and Arrow have demonstrated with both characters appearing at the appropriate moment to save the other which is all far too convenient for script deadlines but silly as far as stories go. I suppose the actors get paid extra for these cameo appearances.

13. tsevca says:

Good. I hate that right now you can´t just watch one show, when you like it, because it has crossovers with three other shows and if you don´t watch them, you´re lost half the time. I can´t even watch Flash, because season 2 of Arrow sucked, so I stopped watching and now I would be lost with Flash.