Fall TV Preview

Castle Season 8 Poster: Do Rick and Kate No Longer See Eye to Eye?

Pop your corn if you’ve got some, because ABC has released the key art for Castle Season 8.

Check it out below, then read on for more:

Castle Season 8 PosterThe poster features stars/producers Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic positioned as close together as can be. But short of any photo concept or even a tagline, we’re left with little to glean from the visual, save for Kate’s playful — yet unreturned? — glance at the hubs.

Could Castle for some reason not be on board with Beckett’s big career move? Or could a different external influence be at play? Katic after all did hint in a recent interview that there the two-part season opener features an “event” that will spark storyline “shifts” for much of the season.

Asked to elaborate on Katic’s quote, new co-showrunner Alexi Hawley told TVLine that although Kate has put the mystery of her mother Johanna’s murder behind her, “that part of her DNA is still there. So, she needs to deal with that in a way that impacts their relationship.”

What wild prognostication would you care to pull from the simple poster?

1. Bárbara Brasileiro says:

I think you’re seeing too much where there isn’t much to see…

• Mary says:

Bingo. It’s obvious they aren’t posing together, and these both look like current photos. Calm down, TVLine.

• Just one thing says:

They haven’t posed together in quite some time, but these are not recent pics. I think they’re from a Season 5 or 6 shoot.
        It’s an awkward composition for a poster without a clear message like before. (Even Katic’s head on a wedding dress model’s body and Castle’s ghost face in the background told a story.)
        I wonder why they bother anymore

• Patrick says:

Several million dollars a year. That’s why they bother. Both of them can talk about other projects all they want, but its hard to walk away from that kind of money. The Bones leads have made noise about leaving for years, and they keep coming back. When someone is willing to pay you a couple hundred thousand dollars a week, for 22-24 weeks a year, for a very easy job, you don’t just walk away. Your managers, agents, and families all have a vested interest in making sure you continue to show up. I could see this going 9-10 years in total.

• Just one thing says:

Sorry, you misunderstood me. I meant that I wonder why they bother with promo posters anymore.

• caskett says:

Very easy job? I didn’t realize acting for sometimes 12 hours a day for 22 weeks was easy..

• acurat says:

Patrick – The Bones leads took a pay cut for this upcoming season. The ratings don’t justify the high pay they were getting anymore. The show was renewed because Fox got the cost cuts it needed to keep the show going. It is a numbers game, plain and simple. Generate the review or get canceled. Bones is back for one more year as it made its numbers.

• lkh says:

I agree–it’s so obviously from different photo shoots and just pasted together. What is this supposed to tell us? Kinda reminds me of that stuff from The Good Wife.

• CastleBuzz says:

The photos are from a photoshoot for Season 4. You can tell from the outfit Stana’s wearing. In the original pics, Nathan’s shirt was a plaid, white lines on the blue. The white’s been photoshopped out. You can still see the evidence if you look closely. Finally the two poses were photoshopped together. You can’t find this exact image anywhere.
          As for bothering with a poster if it’s going to be photoshopped from 4-year-old pics and have no message, I guess they need something with which to identify the next season. But this in particular is very bad and completely useless. Both are too young looking. What’s wrong with them aging a bit in the posters each year. Plus I’m sick of that smug half-smile on Nathan/Castle’s face.

• Castle girl 101 says:

Check out the cover of DVD S6 is the only time I can recall each face-face on a DVD. I am not sure about other posters or poses together!!

• Badpenny says:

The only issue here is that they have “insider” knowledge that they have not released yet. So while they might be putting more into then there is, they might also be hinting at things they know but cannot directly tell us yet. It is always hard to say.

2. M. says:

I won’t read anything into this poster, after all they just took some candids of an ACTUAL promo-shooting for season 4 (or 5?).

So, why bother with unreasonable theorizing?!

3. Ella says:

Castle and Beckett are definitely breaking up personally in season 8. All the clues are there. People need to get their heads out of the sand.

• Enevitable says:

Exactly! There are too many inside sources claiming they break-up for it to be anything else!

• M. says:

What inside sources?

• Enevitable says:

It’s out there on the interwebs if you look. One I usually ignore but two or three gives me pause. In any case we’ll find out soon enough.

• M. says:

I believe it, when I see it. Until then I try to remain calm.

• Patrick says:

I’m with M. This feels like an idea that was floated by the showrunners/network to see what the fans think, and to gin up renewed interest in the show going forward. It might not happen.

• John NYC says:

The inter webs are full of trolls incessantly going after actors they’ve developed some odd fixation on and this show has that sort of burden by the ton.

• caskett says:

I’m going to listen to the show-runner who says it is and always will be about their love, not them breaking up!

“The important thing to say about [Rick and Kate] is that the show has always been and will always be about their love affair,” Hawley attests. “But we’re looking to add some drama to it, some spark to it. We’re going to have fun. It’s going to be emotional at times, it will be romantic…. It will be everything.” – new co-showrunner Alexi Hawley

• lkh says:

People in love do break up…

• CastleBuzz says:

Thank you, caskett.

“Insiders” are not some anonymous sources, noisy fans, or too-big-for-their-britches people on the Internet claiming to know someone on the inside of a show. They are the actual people who work on the show whose credentials can be verified or credible journalists who get their info from known sources on the show. Both show runners, both leads, and several other cast and crew members essentially have said that despite some “shake-ups,” Kate and Rick will remain a couple. Will the two be tested? challenged? put through the mill? Presumably, yes. Castle is a TV show. It needs conflict, drama, comedy, romance, angst to carry on.

• John NYC says:

Leaving RESPO in serious jeopardy. When Ryan gets lifted to lead detective to fill the open slot Beckett’s promotion creates “The Boys” will be challenged.

“Breskup” might be too far, but professional egos can be fragile things….

Dear John,
            I’ma let you finish, but Ryspo is the best bromance on Castle.
            RESPO is the ship name for Espo and a respirator, or something.

JOT–just think what life would be like with 2 cups of coffee! Give it a go! :D

• Just one thing says:

LOL I don’t have time for world domination at this current juncture.

• SEI625 says:

Exactly Caskett!! Once again sources like TVLine and others have sucked us with the wild speculation. As you are doing, I am choosing to listen to what the show runners and the cast tells us on what we can expect from a new season of Castle. They make the decisions of what we will and will not see. I will make this comment…Any prolonged separation of any kind between Rick and Kate will be a total disaster for the show and turn fans complete off. Fans didn’t watch for the biggest part of six and a half seasons to see this couple crash and burn. Again, just my opinion for what it’s worth.

• Gern Blanston says:

Are these the same “sources” that swore up and down that neither Fillion nor Katic were going to sign on for another season? Becasue if so, these “sources” have a terrible track record and I’m not sure why anybody would listen to them.

• Just one thing says:

I don’t recall any “sources” saying neither Katic or Fillion would sign. That was just openly rampant fan speculation.

• Gern Blanston says:

Which is exactly what is going on here. Every fan-made controversy about this show over the last 3-4 seasons has been completely incorrect and yet people keep swearing that they read something from “sources” that back up whatever nonsense they are spouting.

Okey dokey.

• Dmac says:

The show runner stated specifically they don’t break up. Kate becomes Captain of the precinct and Castle will follow a new partner, but it is not romantic. Their relationship is strong going into this season. No breakup.

• Andrea says:

Maybe you should go and read Nathan’s comments from the international tca’s last week where he mentions them not breaking up on a personal level. I think I’ll believe him rather than random internet trolls until they actually break up on screen.

• WB says:

He said they don’t break up on a personal level in the premier. Other episodes weren’t discussed so it’s a free game

• caskett says:

• DRW says:

Remember– love affairs don’t always end with a happy ending.

• caskett says:

Remember- the show runners have said time and time again that they wouldn’t break up.. stop fishing for something that isn’t there.

• BM says:

Marlowe said that. As far as I know, the new showrunners didn’t. Still, there are a lot of ways a relationship could be impacted and there are a lot of ways a couple could be broken up. Apparently, they already are broken up professionally.

• Barry says:

BM — yiou couldn’t be more wrong if you tried. Both of the new suits have said that they won’t break them up and that the Kate/Rick love story will remain the glue (my word) holding them together. Come on BM, do your homework before you fire something like that out here. Good grief!!

• BM says:

Barry – I have not come across a single, recent quote that stated that Castle and Beckett won’t be broken up. I know what NF said but that doesn’t mean they’re not going to be broken up at a later point and I know what they said about the love affair being what the show was and is about but that, too, doesn’t mean that they won’t be broken up. If there’s a quote out there by Hawley and/or Winter which actually states that they have no intention of breaking up the couple (at any time)/won’t break up Castle and Beckett as a couple then I’d like to know where and I’d be very happy to be wrong.

• caskett says:

Barry you apparently didn’t read the quote I posted from showrunner Alexi Hawley saying “The important thing to say about [Rick and Kate] is that the show has always been and will always be about their love affair”

• caskett says:

Barry you apparently didn’t read the quote I posted from showrunner Alexi Hawley saying the show has and always will be about their love affair.

• John NYC says:

Ryan and Esposito break up. Somebody has to be the new lead and it’s going to be Ryan.

Espo is going to be devastated….

• Barry says:

John — I’d love to see that scenario. Espo has turned into a block-headed, myopic douche this past couple of seasons. Witness his lack of support for Castle when he went missing, or the whole Chuck Norris thing and lastly — Hollander’s Woods.

• John NYC says:

I have to be honest part of my rationale for that scenario is his recent years goto of petulant snark in relation to Rick has worn very thin for me.

• tv fan says:

@Barry

Hollander’s woods……that was the most heartbreaking (for me anyway) scene between the four of them. Esp and Ryan and Beckett not believing in Castle’s story. I don’t like Espo anyway, you never treat real friends (even if tv) like that!

and I love to see that too where the two of them aren’t together as partners, How about put Castle as lead……ha ha ha ha.

• tv fan says:

@John NYC

maybe that would be a good thing for Espo to feel for once, maybe then he will know just how Castle feels when he was devastated when his friends weren’t there.

• JImN says:

It’s Miss Piggy and Kermit on the new ABC Muppets show. He has a new pig.

• Maria a. says:

If they are breaking up why bother with the wedding, I believe the pictures are from season 4, everybody blames abc but what if they don’t want pictures together, since when we have seen a picture with both of them toghether, look at the last picture of the group before the end of the season …….

4. Steph says:

The fandom is accused of overreacting to every little tidbit. Yet, here is the media trying to stir the pot. All I glean from this is ABC once agsin used old photos to get away with promoting the show as little and as cheaply as possible. NOTHING MORE

5. Liz says:

“Photoshop”, ABC’s best friend.

6. The only thing this promo art indicates is that Nathan and Stana weren’t in the same room when the pictures were taken.

7. is it me or does Kate look ALOT younger there?
    she looks like she could be Alexis’s age. Me thinks someone went overboard with the airbrushing & i don’t think the hair helps either

• lkh says:

It’s not SK looking not like herself…

• CastleBuzz says:

I think it’s Nathan who looks much, much younger and thinner than he does now. But both do look too young for Season 8. If you check out the original photoshoot from the 4th season, you’ll see that in some pics, Stana looks a little like a young Brooke Shields. Not sure if it’s the angle in one in particular or the airbrushing but I remember it striking me at the time.

• tv fan says:

they do look much younger in these but for my I really don’t care they (for me anyway) are still what is the right word….sexy? I still love them so the pic tells me nothing……as for the show they just wanted to get people to come back to it…..which I think what fans they have now are who will be the ones to stay not to many new ones.

8. DomLux na wszystkie materiały budowlane wykorzystywane podczas pracy daje Państwu 30 lat gwarancji ponadto 15 lat na cały projekt.

9. Fran says:

Tv line, are you guys that bored or desperate that you need to take s4 individual pics and put them together and come up with a story? Wow. Try again.

• Fran says:

Opps sorry Abc did the poster, but tvline, you guys are looking for something that isn’t there. Of course they aren’t seeing eye to eye, it’s two different pictures put together. It’s a pretty bad poster, and a very old one. S4. Goodness abc. And in any case, even if they were not seeing eye to eye, well that’s like every marriage out there. You can’t agree on everything, there’ll always be things you don’t see eye to eye on so I don’t see an issue or a need to analyze this poster. It’s normal. No big deal,

10. Andrea says:

Pretty sure you can’t read anything into a poster that is photoshopped from a season 4 photo shoot.

• John NYC says:

Well actually as a *Created* image it COULD have some sort of intended message. I mean odds are they didn’t just get some intern sleep deprived and have them throw darts at a wall full of random headshots and used the two he/she happened to hit.

As fun as that might have been (especially if they included spinning the minion on a stool until they were dizzy… but I digress).

Shrug.

11. Just one thing says:

Also, I like how the new showrunners are going back to an old Season 3-6 formula that has Castle and Beckett’s relationship impacted by Beckett’s actions and/or quest.
    So original and fun, and bound to shake things up.

• Laura says:

The new showrunners need to stop listening to external or internal forces and start writing what is organic for the show.

• Brad says:

how would you say it impacted there relationship in 5 and 6

• Just one thing says:

In Season 5, Mean Ol’ Beckett considered taking a job outside of NYC, which would’ve led to their break-up had Castle not solemnly decided that he needed to somberly propose to her.
        In Season 6, Ditzy Young Beckett didn’t realize that Vegas marriages were the real deal, and that led to Caskett’s admittedly amusing, but still utterly stupid, wild goose chase for the really hubby. Plus, there were a lot of death-defying Bracken shenanigans throughout that season, which I enjoyed.

• Brad says:

So how do you see there relationship impacted with her choices in season 8

• Just one thing says:

I really don’t know. It could be as simple as, “We agree to disagree…”
            … or super dramatic like, “I’m running into the warm, welcoming arms of Hayley Shipton o’ Scotland, so me heart can finally be free of yer Beckett-ly burden.”
            I’m inclined to think it’s somewhere in between.

• John NYC says:

You’ve got it all wrong. It’s RESPO she’s callously destroying by taking the promotion. Ryan getting named the new lead will wreck “The Boys” dynamics, and did she stop and think about that? Well we’ll see won’t we?

• lkh says:

JOT–you’re in rare form today! How much coffee are we talking about?

• Just one thing says:

Just the one, but I’m going to cut back.

• lkh says:

where’s the fun in that?!

12. This photo is fake like that of Season 7. It`s an insult that is made to fans. We have always had great pictures , but I think that somehow, we, any man laughed his many fans . Is it Because they do not want to be photographed together?

• Kim says:

I believe Stana and Nathan get along just fine off screen. They just have stopped putting so much out there bc of the crazy ppl that think they should be together in real life and insult his and her outside relationships. I love the castle fandom, but there is a dark side of it too! Poor Stana put out a picture with her brother the other day & she took it down bc so many were insulting her husband, thinking it was him.

13. CastleFan says:

Thanks Matt! I know you are trying to give us as much information as possible, without giving it all away. Really wish ABC had tried harder on the poster.

The breakup is going to be rough on a lot of the fandom. I’ll be glad went you can give a bit more info to confirm this for those who don’t believe yet.

14. Court says:

People have no lives. Seriously it’s a frickin poster. I can’t believe people care so much about abc using ‘recycled’ photos from season 4. Just stop. You’re embarrassing yourself

• Just one thing says:

Did you need to feel better about yourself today? If so, I hope this helped.

• lkh says:

you’re here with us, no?

• tv fan says:

seriously, I love the poster, it’s cute…..it doesn’t really go with 8 but I love it. I like the ‘playful’ side of them-fake or not! Get over it people. It’s just to lure people into it and you know what it seems to have done the trick too well…..we are arguing (talking about it) and stirring things up. which is a good thing. for me it’s all in fun and nothing else. it is what it is and well deal with it. It’s better than not getting anything (i guess)

15. Mr. Tran K says:

I got my eye on Stana Katic (wolf whistle).

16. Kim R says:

Haha! The first thing that came to my mind was “stop trying to make fetch happen”. :D

17. former fan says:

That stuff goes already on my nerves.
    In the meantime I don’t even care if they break up or not. Yes please break them up and save us from stuff like that.

18. Axel says:

Nathan is way too photoshopped, but Stana is really hot in it so I’m fine with it :-)

19. Matt says:

Lol back to her lying told blind item

20. Meidich Hoertz says:

Wow, talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. These heavily Photoshopped images were obviously not even taken at the same time and given that Fillion’s face is a bit fuller nowadays, I’m pretty sure his is a stock image.

As for the more salient point about the story line, I’m pretty sure TPB haven’t learned anything from past failures; they’ll gin up some artificial conflict based upon a stupid secret to drive a wedge between two people who supposedly have found the love of their lives. Castle will become even more of a bumbling beta male and Beckett (God forbid they should call each other by their first names, right?) will hide away more secrets like a squirrel on a caffeine binge preparing nuts for winter. I think I’ll just check out now and beat the rush to the exits.

21. Matt says:

Lol prepare for the breakup

22. Kim says:

Seriously…. Looks like all other posters the past 8 years! Of course you can claim not eye to eye…she is now the captain and he is well…..castle. So I am sure they will get into it at times bc he not following police rules, which could bring back more of the magic from before they got together. Neither has a plastic bag over the others head, no scowls on face, and still touching. To quote castle, ” I will back your play no matter what you decide!” It will be fine!

• John NYC says:

Her becoming Captain is FAR more going to impact Ryan and Esposito. Either they breakup (AHA!, that’s the breakup!) and one get’s promoted to lead detective OR a newbie is brought in to be their immediate boss. In either case their world get’s major rocked. Castle? Notsomuch.

• lkh says:

Actually, wasn’t she always the lead? Seems like she always gave them ‘duties’, direction, whatever. I know nothing about such pecking orders in reality.

• John NYC says:

Yes but as Captain she’s now one step up, like Gates, so someone has to fill that now open team lead slot I’d expect: bring the team back up to full strength. Either a new lead detective, as of yet not named, or move Ryan or Esposito up one and pair a newer detective with who’s left. Not for much beyond Ryan’s turn during that undercover operation where he went back in as an Irish crook am I thinking it’s he who get’s the bump up I’ll admit. Ryan was impressive during that bit.

23. prish says:

If there is a breakup: The husband says, “That is the most horrible thing I ever heard. They are going to ruin it in syndication.” Neither one of us would enjoy the show…fyi, suits.

• John NYC says:

The breakup is Ryan and Esposito: one of them is going to get promoted to lead detective to fill in the slot opened by Beckett’s promotion. I bet it’s Ryan and that’s going to leave Esposito with MAJOR issues.

Couple angst out the wazoo!

Wasn’t Ryan the newbie?

• John NYC says:

I don’t think so: he’s done undercover and such, sounded like straight cop career while Esposito has a significant military background including special operations which means, to me, he put in significant time, so it’s my impression less of an extensive police background…

• John NYC says:

(After Ryan’s organized crime stint he may have come over to homocide and so be the newer to homicide while still having more of a police background overall.)

• lkh says:

thought they were teasing him and making him do all the scut work–but that could have been in rl. Remember that NF was hassling him some–maybe not.

24. Sniff says:

To the poster who said the clues are all there, ITA! There are going to be some very upset people after 8:02 has aired and the writers are going to take the brunt when in reality they have had to deal with circumstances way beyond their control.

• Kim says:

Breakup can’t be real, if supposedly happens second episode??? If this is all bc Stars supposedly don’t get along, not sure why they would sign on for another season and ruin syndication and pi$$ of entire fandom?season 7 finale wrapped most everything up. I

• Urghh! says:

Easy! $$$$$$$$$$

• Kim says:

Still don’t believe it. If I couldn’t work with someone to the degree “some” report they can’t, walk away! Series was wrapped up in neat package bc didn’t even know if would be renewed. SK and NF had tons more they could have chosen to pursue. I have never seen any indication on screen of any trouble.

• tv fan says:

i don”t believe that for a minute…..there was alot of things that both could be doing-we see some work they did during the summer, anyway if neither could stand each other to the extent of say not working together then they could (and would) do anything to walk away. I think they have more respect for the show and the fans then we know. The show could have ended just fine in 7 but it didn’t so……

also where did this money come from-they got rid of what one or two members but then gain what two or more in their place so……where’s the extra money?

25. Kim says:

“The poster features stars/producers Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic positioned as close together as can be. ”

Just noticed this! I knew Stana was and I assumed Nathan probably would be a producer too, but is this the first confirmation they are both producers this year?

• lkh says:

hmmm…well done. We’re being snarky and you’re paying attention. I think you’re right and ’cause it has a ‘s’, plural, it’s probably both of them. Guess we knew about SK, no?

• CastleBuzz says:

Nice catch, Kim. I assumed he got the producer credit as well b/c I can’t see TPTB giving her something he didn’t already have or him accepting anything less, but this may be the first “confirmation.” Odd, though, that he didn’t mention it in the interviews he’s done for Castle the past couple of weeks. He has certainly spread the word about producing Con Man and even directing a scene for that project.

26. Emma says:

Beckett looking lovingly at Castle while he doesn’t seem to care about her … Well at least it represents well what we are seeing since they’re together :)

27. Lauren says:

no, it’s just really bad photoshop, yet again.

28. Matt says:

Sounds like Becketts going back to lying

• Just one thing says:

Big Bad Lying Beckett always find a way to ruin the Romantic Star-Crossed Caskett Love with her walls, her fears and her lies.
      What will Poor Wittle Fun-Loving Castle do if Beckett once again chooses her mother’s case over their relationship?
      Beckett played the perfect doting wife after Castle disappeared to play Global Action Hero. Think he’ll reciprocate?

• Brad says:

Hopefully goes back to being a playboy

• Just one thing says:

That would be great! Do you think he starts with the Millionaires Club or goes straight to the strip club?
          Either option has a plethora of options for the once-tamed ladies’ man. I hope he takes it slow though, as it would seem he’s forgotten how womanizing works.
          Another thing we can blame on Beckett, I’m sure.

• Brad says:

Lol what do you like about the show

• lkh says:

ok-I’m seeing baby talk and down right irritation. Take a breath… :]

• Just one thing says:

I like the ensemble: Ryan, Espo, Lanie, Martha. Gates, too. I really like Beckett, and her interactions with the above characters, plus Ryan/Espo and Castle/Martha.
            I enjoy when Beckett and Castle work together, and have meaningful conversations – no fluff, no stupid sex talk that makes them sound like senior citizens (naps??), no cheesy shower-dancing shadows… just verbal and non-verbal exchanges that prove they’re best friends and intellectual equals as well as a married couple. And if they solve a smart case where I didn’t guess whodunit in the first 15 minutes, even better.
            That’s what I like about the show. Thanks for asking.

• sigh says:

^ Boom! Mic drop. :)

• Brad says:

Ya but now that Beckett is a captain dosent seem like you will get they real talk and stuff

• Just one thing says:

I know Brad, and I’m pretty heartbroken about it.

• LP says:

Yeah because Castle never lies LOL

• CastleBuzz says:

Cripes, you make it sound as though Beckett’s life is a chronic liar. She’s told two lies that I’m aware of — saying she didn’t remember her shooting and not telling him about the DC job offer. The first was understandable in that initially she was far too hurt, physically and emotionally, to deal with it and then realized she needed to become a whole person again in order to deserve his love and to love back fully. Sappy and it dragged on too long, but that was it. The second was a throwback to her independent ways and life. Why shouldn’t she explore career possibilities without him, at least up to the point where she got the job? As Martha told Rick, he had no claim on her.
      To me, Rick lived a lie in that he impersonated that carefree playboy image for years. We learned quite quickly in season 1 that there was much more to him than that Page Six persona and later learned that much of it was put on. His lie in Season 4 was far the bigger, more important, and more hurtful. Imagine being Kate, thinking a killer is out there with you in his crosshairs and then finding out someone who supposedly loves you has known you’re safe all that time and actually has info that could grant you safety from that threat for all time. But it was done in the name of love so all’s forgiven.
      I think the opening two-parter will have some of those same elements with the roles reversed. It’s now Kate, perhaps because of her job, who has to keep Rick out of the loop, so much so that he doesn’t even get to know where she goes off to. I also expect that although it’ll cause some conflict between them, it will be forgivable in the end and they’ll be back stronger than ever in a couple of eps.

• Kaylee says:

I don’t think one lie was less worse than the other….

Beckett couldn’t know Castle made a deal or she’d be dead. The second she found out about Smith, she’d have taken off with both guns blazing. Castle almost lost her twice before; holding her in his arms while she froze & bled to death.

Plus she lied to him about remembering his ILY. For Rick it looked like he had been made the fool…thinking she felt something too.

From Beckett’s end she thought she was sparing Castle excuses, & possibly losing what they have, because she wasn’t ready until she was fully recovered.

29. Matt says:

Sounds like Becketts back to having a wall up although Kate has put the mystery of her mother Johanna’s murder behind her, “that part of her DNA is still there. So, she needs to deal with that in a way that impacts their relationship.”

30. Tom Stellato says:

I am a big fan do not change the romance of Rick and Kate

31. lkh says:

ok–when someone says it’s in her DNA–what does that mean? Is this some sort of genetic mutation– has some angry viral particle incorporated itself in her genetic material–a stray bullet has hit a chromosome and knocked off an allele? or it’s just her propensity because of a lifetime of grief or what? Genetically speaking…

• Just one thing says:

While I like the poetic aspect of your last guess, the first couple of guesses intrigue me.

• Blurgh says:

When someone close to you dies tragically, it can make it hard to get close to people because you’re afraid of being heartbroken again. This is why Beckett pushed Castle away for so long.

She lost her mother, the one who is supposed to be there for important life events, the one who is supposed to comfort and counsel her through romantic relationships, babies, etc.

• tv fan says:

my thing was “in the dna” could be bout her losing her mother and she did n’t want that to happen again-with her child, if there was one now or in the future……

32. Preacher Book says:

So this explains where all those former Soviet Union profilers went after the collapse; they became TV writers speculating on the “meaning” of show imagery.

33. lame says:

Soviets aside, this is called “chuming”, tossing chopped bait overboard to attack the big fish. I’d say mission accomplished .

34. Grey says:

This is a photo shopped cut and paste job of pervious images. I’m 99% sure her image is from the season four or five pre-season photo shoot. Come on TVLine; we expect more from your reporting. This is TVGuide low-level reporting.

• tv fan says:

who really cares they wanted to give us something, anything so that we won’t have such a long time to find out for ourselves so just calm down. I’m glad that they did give us something……I look forward to seeing what they come up with. Great job to all!

35. Kevin says:

God, she’s pretty…

36. Jim says:

Well I wont put any stock in this poster. Remember last seasons poster-Becketts head photoshopped on a wedding dress and Castle as a giant in the background. Yeah how odd was that! And in what way did it have any connection to the season? In no way. Other than the first 2 eps maybe, as Castle disappeared hence the lurking giant Castle in the background, and Beckett as a sad jilted bride. But that was just for the first 2 eps. After ep 2, the poster didn’t make any sense to the rest of the season. So why read so much into absolutely nothing. Its funny how tvline is trying so hard to create drama, its funnier that its working with some of you. Its a poster, that’s it. A poster that proves ABC is cheapskate, nothing more:) oh and my wife and I don’t see eye to eye for certain things…OH NOOOO!!! Married couples are supposed to agree on everything right! I want a pizza dinner, she wants a pasta dinner…oh nooooo!! haha, come on guys…not seeing eye to eye IS part of marriage. So to me, they are doing it right. Of course there’ll be some conflict, arguments, disagreements…and guess what. That’s normal. It doesn’t lead to divorce. Marriage doesn’t make your personality and ideas or opinions magically change. There is such a thing called compromise. And I’m sure casket will have that.

37. lame says:

Nothing is as bad as season seven’s poster. That was the absolute worst . This poster is indicative of the significant loss of revenue due to the 33% drop of the demo group, a loss that never returned to season seven.

38. Castle girl 101 says:

Boy, oh boy I didn’t know reading lines was such difficult work! Isn’t a lot of those hours standing around and doing nothing? Your stunt person (s) do the hard work, right! Now I enjoy a good TV show or movie, but saying it’s hard work, please, get serious. Everybody thinks their jobs are hard even me and we don’t have doubles or stand around for hours waiting for lighting or the director to say action!

39. lkh says:

However that happened, thank you Matt.

40. Carol says:

First of all the photos have to be from season 3 or 4 ,because Fillion hasn’t looked that good since then as for Stana she always looks good .Also wanted to say I read somewhere that Castle will still be a PI that’s why he’ll be partnered with the security specialist sometimes ,do they really think having Caskett together less will really work .THINK NOT!!!

• John NYC says:

So perhaps whoever wrote what you “read somewhere” is simply and totally wrong?

It happens to the best of anonymous rumors you know.

41. Carol says:

Well John NYC with everything being written about the show and what the show runners saying and changing daily it has as much of a chance of being correct as any of the other speculation on here or anywhere else .

42. Carol says:

Oh John NYC just wanted to tell you where I had seen that Castle was still going to be a P.I .in season 8,it’s on CarterMatt/Castle.

43. stana hair is not long enough to be a current pic

44. cl woodall says:

I don’t really remember any poster of them facing – so no big ‘hidden meaning’ that I can see. I just hope the new runners don’t screw around too much with this gorgeous couple! No big fights or splits ahead, I hope. Love this show so much.

45. Blurgh says:

This poster doesn’t indicate at all to me that they’re breaking up. You see pictures all the time of one spouse looking at the other while the other is looking at the camera. Big deal.

That being said, I do think there will at least be tension, if not a breakup, now that Kate is the captain of the precinct.

46. Zoe T Alusa says:

If they really want to shake things up they’ll actually film on location in NYC. I’m so tired of them pretending LA is NYC. It’s particularly silly when they film a scene in “Central Park” or some other specific locale that clearly is not where it purports to be. Let’s try authenticity of location for the final seasons, see what happens.

• lame says:

They’re based in LA, so that would make no financial sense.
      Think how much more fun it would have been to learn of Beckett’s promotion and the dynamic the new detective from Scotland Yard will have with RC. The new writers are killing the kick by trying to eliminate the hysteria of the crazies. What will we do now without threats of jumping of bridges or tall buildings for the remainder of the off season .

• Blurgh says:

Yeah, I think that all of ABC studios are in LA, so it’d be pretty expensive to film just one show in NYC.

47. Great site you have here but I was curious if
    you knew of any forums that cover the same topics talked
    about in this article? I’d really love to be a part of community where I can get advice from other experienced individuals that share the
    same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
    Cheers!

48. Thanks for finally writing about >Castle Season 8 Poster
    – Rick and Kate | TVLine <Liked it!

49. Disappointed says:

Anyone looking at the ABC homepage for the show could easily be mistaken that it is all about Castle now, with Beckett appearing in just one image with Ryan and Espo, and certainly no indication that they are a couple. The main image is of Castle with Alexis, and as she appears to have been filming at a crime scene with her Dad for 8×03 is this really the new dynamic that we are expected to get used to, with Captain Beckett playing a cameo role, making the occasional token “hands on” appearance during cases?

• Barry says:

I sure hope the new suits involved with Castle aren’t that freaking stupid. But that being said, I do take some pride in not being totally closed-minded, so I definitely will give it a chance — especially now that my other faovrite show, The Mentalist, has ended its great 7-year run.

Now, for me, the one change I’d love to see is to either get rid of Espo, who has over the past 2-3 seasons, has turned into a closed-minded, boring douche — or at the very least, write in a personality transplant for him. I get there for more than one or two episodes by-the-way, but to just touch upon a few, look at the way he acted when Ryan went to Gates and by doing so, managed to save Kate’s life (boo-hoo, it got him a 2 week suspension) — or the way he acted when Castle was abducted on his way to the wedding — or the entire “he looked like Chuck Norris” scenario — or finally, the way he failed to back Rick once again in Hollander’s Woods.

Bottom-line, if I had been preparing Castle for Season 8, I would have kept Gates and dumped Espo. Just my humble opinion.

• John NYC says:

In terms of which character I’d have preferred, yes! Still could have promoted Gates, but gave her the same amount of screen time ( not all that much after all) as a “hands on) higher up….

• John NYC says:

Given all the “love story” quotes? Totally doubtful. Tempest meet teapot.

50. I am looking forward to seeing what happens on Castle!