X-Men Series

X-Men Update: Fox 'Definitely Pursuing Long-Running' Series

An X-Men series is currently mutating at Fox, network co-chairman Dana Walden confirmed Thursday.

“We’re in negotiations with Marvel,” Walden told reporters at the Television Critics Association summer press tour in Beverly Hills. “We’re hopeful that we’ll be able to announce something soon. It’s something we’re definitely pursuing.”

Regarding a potential conflict with Marvel, which is based out of ABC/Disney, Walden said, “The characters from the X-Men franchise are with Fox on the feature [films] side, so we won’t be including Marvel charcters that are at ABC with Disney.”

Walden, meanwhile, noted that the project is being developed as a “long-running series” versus a limited series.

1. Julio says:

I can get down with this. I like what went down with X-Men DOFP.

2. scott21 says:

But I am afraid they wont use original x-men members because of the movies :( but it would be so cool with Jean Scott Storm Rogue…

3. K says:

Smart moves. Fox has such a rich universe of characters that will be excellently served in a series

4. DatDude says:

hopefully they give us something better than the movies….but I wouldn’t hold your breath

5. AngelWasHere says:

Sounds cool, but I hope it resembles the 1st two movies more with characters we know.

6. Dj says:

If this happens Fox would have to rework their deal with marvel to make it more Marvel friendly. The marvel/fox relationship is pretty icy.

7. Douglas Heidzig says:

I want to know about the X-MEN TV series coming fall 2016 or fall 2017 ? Will Wolverine in the X-MEN TV series ??? Let me know .

8. JDH says:

I love the X-Men. And by the time this show happens X-Men: Apocalypse will have premiered, at the very least, so maybe they can start fresh? It’s not like they have a shortage of potential characters to use.

If they want iconic & well established characters, then the following would work; Cyclops, Wolverine, Rogue, Storm, Beast, Gambit, Jubilee, Jean Grey, Professor X, Bishop, Kitty Pryde, Nightcrawler, Iceman, Archangel, Emma Frost, & Forge.

I’d be happy if some of the younger / less exposed X-Men from the last 25 years would be represented though; Cannonball, Sunspot, Moonstar, Magma, Karma, Magik, Cypher, Warlock, Rictor, Boom Boom, Skids, Warpath, Domino, Cable, Husk, Chamber, Blink, X-Man, Synch, Skin, M, Maggott, Cecilia Reyes, Marrow, Penance, Beak, Angel Salvadore, Ernst, Basilisk, Dummy, Dust, Surge, Prodigy, Hellion, Elixir, Mercury, Rockslide, X-23, Anole, Pixie, Bling, Gentle, Armor, Cypher, Wolf Cub, Blindfold, Ink, Graymalkin, Hope Summers, Indra, Trance, Transonic, Primal, Oya, Velocidad, Zero, Kid Omega, Genesis, Kid Gladiator, Broo.

Most of those characters I just listed, some people would be legitimately questioning who they are…

I like the X-Men.

• ScottJ says:

The only ones a show would use are the ones that look basically human and don’t have powers that need expensive special effects.

9. m3rcnate says:

This has the same potential to me as say a Batman Beyond TV series would, so I am excited about this.
    It will be interesting to see what direction they go, do they go the X-Men movie direction and basically make it a show? By that i mean a 40 year old Logan, 35 year old Jean Grey, Scott Summers, etc? Or do they go the “X-Men Evolution” route and have the OG X-Men be in their early 20’s and the new “recruits” (Nightcrawler, Rogue, etc) be 16-17 y/o and going to the local High-school?
    I’d honestly watch both, but the X-Men Evolution sounds more TV friendly. Overall though it all depends on a few things;
    1) Casting casting casting. Casting Wolverine will be huge, but casting everyone right is key.
    2) Tone/style.
    3) CGI will need to be on point. Cyclops eye beams, Wolverines claws, Storms lightning (etc).

10. DJ Doena says:

These networks are stupid. They were stupid when it was Buffy and Angel, they are stupid now.

Viewers don’t care about networks. Viewers care about shows and characters.

If you have a universe so rich with characters, make use of it!

11. Ram510 says:

This could be good but it depends on what character they can have. I say if you can’t do it right don’t do it at all. But I guess we might see what happens

12. Richard Matthews says:

I blieve this to be a brilliant idea but you will limit yourselves too much if you don’t collaborate with Marvel Studios because it is the only way for the X-Men to grow and join the rest of the Marvel Universe and become closer to the comic world.

13. Paul says:

I don’t know why, but Fox mishandles all the Marvel properties they touch. If they want to do a series, Marvel should demand the films back as compensation. Then at least one medium will be competently executed.

• Richard Matthews says:

I totally agree with you and also I thought Marvel were ony allowing them to use X-Men in the movies only.

14. Jeremy says:

As long as its the same caliber as Daredevil, LOST, Game of Thrones. Please don’t ruin X-Men for me.

15. tim says:

Give back all ff4, galactus, surfer, super skrulls, and kang. I like X-men a d the movies, I just think marvel has done a better job with their movies.