Nicolle Wallace The View

TVLine Items: Nicolle Wallace Nixes View Role, Mariah on Empire and More

It’s official: Nicolle Wallace will have no part in The View‘s 19th season.

The political commentator, whose departure as a full-time co-host was reported in July, has turned down a guest contributor position for the ABC talk show’s fall return.

According to our sister site Variety, Wallace will say her on-air goodbyes before The View goes on summer hiatus next week.

The View‘s Hot Topics table in Season 19 will include Full House actress (and resident conservative) Candace Cameron Bure, GMA Weekend co-anchor Paula Faris, actress Raven-Symoné, comedienne Michelle Collins and View vet Whoopi Goldberg.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* Pop singer Mariah Carey will guest-star on Empire‘s second season, series creator Lee Daniels announced Wednesday at Carey’s Hollywood Walk of Fame star ceremony.

* 90210 alumna AnnaLynne McCord will recur on Secrets and Lies Season 2 as Melanie Warner, the outspoken daughter-in-law of private equity magnate John Warner (Terry O’Quinn), Deadline reports.

* IFC has ordered pilot presentations of three original comedy series: Great Minds, a panel show hosted by Community boss Dan Harmon, which features comedians in character as some of history’s most important figures; an untitled late-night talk show hosted by comedian Jim Norton; and 1320 Seconds, a satirical newsmagazine show featuring female correspondents who comment on trending topics in pop culture.

1. Al says:

Mariah … Really?- Empire this is getting a little too much

2. Mr. Tran K says:

The View needs to end in a very bad way and the execs at ABC Daytime still don’t have the GUTS to do so.

3. wrstlgirl says:

Ugh, enough Empire, this is ruining my excitement for the show. And I’m no fan of McCord so bleh on that news too, LOL!!

4. LT says:

Smart plan Nicole, smart plan.

5. ellajwade says:

Smart move Nicolle. I have said many times, in my opinion, you were too smart for this show. I can’t wait to see their coverage of the election next year. Oh wait, I quit watching when they fired you. Put this show out of its misery. I cannot imagine that Barbara or Bill are happy with what has happened to their show.

• Poster4392 says:

Yeah, Nicolle drew me back in to the show, now that she’s out, loved her camaraderie with whoopi, I cant bare to hear the ravings of Candace and Raven….good luck to Paula.

• maggie says:

They need Nicolle at The View. The show started with different types of women (reporter, lawyer, comedian, shoe designer) to give their views of current subjects. Nicolle is the only one on the show right now who isn’t in show business. With the Presidential election coming up next year, The View needs people who know about politics, and less people who know about celebrities.

• marenfriedman says:

I agree 100%. Good for Nicolle that she turned them down. She is worth more than that. This is the end for me. I’ve watched for 17 years but I can’t bear to watch what they are doing to this show. I loved the addition of RP and Nicolle this season and was so happy when Michelle signed on, but with RP ane Nicolle out, I’m officially done (sorry Whoopi).

6. Nicolle made the right decision. She has been the only reason I was watching and that will stop once she’s gone. This show is becoming a farce and I won’t spend any more time on it.

7. Thomas hunter says:

Leaving the show totally proves what I have said all year – she IS the smartest one at the table!!

• maggie says:

I don’t even agree with most of Nicolle’s political views, but love the fact that she’s intelligent, informed, and doesn’t get into arguments.

8. Candice Noble says:

I,m very sorry to see Nicole Wallace leave the View. She was the only one of the three new people that was interesting (even if she is a republican). Rosie O’Donnel was a big mistake and Rosey Perez never seemed comfortable on the show. I can’t stand that Raven girl and am not impressed with the other woman (I can’t even remember her name.) The View needs to get their act together. And what the heck is the bell ringing thing???

9. nick says:

I can’t at “pop singer” Mariah Carey, more like industry icon and top selling female artist in the US. A little respect is in order. Even Grammy winner would’ve been better. Lame.

10. Terrie moore says:

It’s obvious that Bill and Barbara won’t have a permanent outspoken republican on the view.

11. Cathy says:

Nicole Wallace and Whoopie are the best this season has or had to offer. I am disappointed in the path ABC and/or Barbara Walters has chosen to take The View.

12. Donna says:

ABC-The View has really messed up letting Nicole Wallace leave. She and Whoopi were the only reason I tuned in…when I heard Nicole Wallace was not having her contract renewed I feel they made a huge mistake.