Fall TV Preview
CSI Series Finale Photos

CSI Finale Photos: Marg Helgenberger Shares 'Grillows' Reunion and More

(Nearly) the entire CSI gang is back in action, shooting the CBS procedural’s two-hour finale event (Sept. 27), and thanks to the long list of returning stars, we’re getting a behind-the-scenes look as the reunions unfold.

Marg Helgenberger, for example, couldn’t resist sharing the above photo of Grissom (William Petersen) and Willows together again. She also shared this group shot with Jorja Fox, Eric Szmanda and Paul Guilfoyle:

But Helgenberger isn’t alone in her excitement; several other actors and crew members have been tweeting out first looks, and we’ve got a gallery full of ’em.

Browse the behind-the-scenes CSI finale shots below, then drop a comment: Who are you most excited to see back in action?

1. Dean says:

I can’t help but laugh when people said ‘CSI would be cancelled instantly when Marg Helgenberger leaves.’ and yet the show lasted a few more years afterwards. The fact Marg hasn’t done much since she left and is now only coming back for the send off makes it all the more funnier.

2. Mr. Tran K says:

Can’t wait to see the end of CSI come September 27th. Is Grissom almost clean shaven?

3. daviddavid says:

No Ted Danson? For me, he was superlative!
    That’s a real shame.

• Zerb says:

Unless something changed, he is a part of the finale and you are getting annoyed over nothing :). He will also be a regular on Cyber.

• Say No To CBS says:

Agreed. He breathed new life into a dying show, and he managed to give the show extra seasons until it limped over the finish line. DB Russell was a great supervisor. I will miss him very much.

I just don’t see he could do the same for that stinker called Cyber. Cyber is bad beyond redemption. Still can’t believe CBS cancelled CSI but kept that pile of garbage.

4. I really hope that the show will take off with Sara and Grissom being together. These two were the only reason why I watched the show.

5. Ruth says:

I sure wish George Eads was going to be in it!

6. Billie says:

I am most excited to see William Peterson back. Been way too long. I also hope Sara and Grissom end up together.

7. Deb Saine says:

glad to see that cbs didn’t pull another fast one – remember the episode that was promoted that made it seem as if marg h. would be back and it turned out she wasn’t back at all, they simply used old footage …

8. Sully says:

I have nothing against Ted Dansen, he is okay, but I did not like him leading CSI and stopped watching. Am so glad Grissom will be back for the finale and will be watching it. I think they screwed Marg, her role should have been expanded and her character made into a leader instead of bringing someone else in.

9. Heidi Hanni says:

I love them all, but I am totally disgusted with George Eads. He obviously left on a very sour note, what’s his problem ?

10. Marie Frank says:

Can’t wait to see William Peterson back in the “saddle”…Really missed him…..Wish we could see of him on TV……

11. Lucy Harrison says:

I knew I was going to watch it because William Petersen was in it. Then fell in love with it from the very first show. Will miss it!

12. Ella says:

Always preferred Grissom/Catherine to Grissom/Sara.

• Emerald says:

It’s a moot point to talk about if there was ever a Grissom/Catherine thing. Mr. William Petersen wanted Sara to be Grissom’s love interest when they realized the Holly Gibbs character wouldn’t work for the show; so they decided to bring in a seasoned and strong female character to replace HG, a rookie. The changes were made even before they sent out the casting call.

Grissom/Catherine and Sara/Greg shared two of the finest friendships we see on TV. Kudos to CSI for not paring the leading man with the leading woman. GSR is one unconventional, oddly touching and moving ‘ship’ that so many fans have fallen in love with.

Bring the finale on.

13. arial2 says:

I thought Ted Danson was great in a nearly-impossible job, filling Grissom’s shoes. He was way better than Laurence Fishburne, who’s a really good actor. I think the hate comes from people who just couldn’t accept that William Petersen chose to leave in order to develop a career “behind the camera.” Fans don’t get to own the actors’ careers. I really hope that they don’t bring Melinda Clarke’s character back just to kill her off. Isn’t it someone else’s turn to be in danger or worse? I’d really hope they bring her back to show she’s come out of that dark place and become a successful psychologist and grandmother. For a change in recent tv history, I’d like positive closure for most, if not all, of the characters as the series ends.

• Say No To CBS says:

Unfortunately they did bring Lady Heather back. Not only having her back, they also made her the center piece of the finale. By doing so, they turned the series finale into a laughable triangle joke. Thanks to Jerry Bruckheimer for insisting on having Melinda Clarke back. I wonder what was he thinking? It was utterly distracting to have two Botox’d faces all over the screen. Lady Heather ruined the finale. Bad storyline. Bad case. I feel bad for the show regulars. Lady Heather ate up all those precious screen times. Thanks to Bruckheimer. I will not watch any more TV shows or movies involving either Clarke or Bruckheimer. They have no business to turn my beloved series into a joke – a bad joke. Not even funny.

14. SK says:

Most definitely excited to see William Petersen back. So’s my husband. He tried to watch after Grissom left but couldn’t really get into it anymore. I continued to watch myself. Though I’m sad it’s ending, glad we’re getting some closure and getting Grissom back.

15. AT says:

So stoked for a grillows reunion! And, of course, Lady H. Here’s hoping they don’t wreck the thing with GSR.

• GrissomFan says:

There was never grillows or glh in the series. Grissom has formed great friendship with both Catherine and Lady Heather; but only one woman owns his heart, and that woman is Sara. FYI, Grissom/Sara paring was the subplot from the get-go. Like it or not, it’s a part of the CSI story. Deal with it. No need for you to worry an ol’ gal like Catherine. Last we heard she was in a relationship with Vartann. Come to think of it, did she ditch this decent man for someone else? As for Lady Heather, she won’t give up her lifestyle or practice for anyone.

Was the finale lived up to its expectation? Guess not. The script was poorly written with weak case revolving the creepy Leather Heather. Why even bringing in this throwaway plot wagon? Her story was done and finished years ago. But Jerry Bruckheimer insisted on having her back. What a shame. By assigning such a prominent spot to her turned the finale into a Sara/Grissom/Lady Heather triangle that never was.

But Finale was what CBS concocted, we all have to take it as is. Zuiker could have done a better job. He didn’t. End of.

• NotImpressed says:

Unfortunately they did wreck the thing by elevating Lady Heather to be the center piece of the finale. It was totally uncalled for. CSI had never been anything remotely resembled to a LH/GG/SS triangle. I was happy for the actress who played LH; apparently it helps to have friends in high place. Bruckheimer insisted on having her back was one thing, letting her be part of the case was one thing, but having the case revolving her? Please. Somebody had too much tequila for breakfast before sitting down to formulate the storyline.

Grissom truly was the soul and heart of CSI. All the best scenes benefited from his presences: The bees scene. The lonely whale song scene. Sara getting the promotion scene. The interrogation room scene.

All the regular tried, and put on a great how with whatever lousy materials they had to work with. Lady Heather took all the valuable screen times from them. That was a crime in itself at the highest order. Lady Heather dragged the whole thing down to daytime soapy level. Lady Heather ruined the final episode of this once mighty series. What a shame.

16. Patricia says: