Humans Renewed Season 2

Humans Renewed for Season 2 at AMC

AMC, with its production partners Channel 4 and Kudos, has renewed the freshman drama Humans for an eight-episode Season 2, it was announced on Friday.

TVLine’s hand-crafted Cable Renewal Scorecard has thusly been updated.

To date, Season 1 of the futuristic series — airing on AMC Sundays at 9/8c — has averaged 2 million weekly viewers (in Live+3 ratings). Meanwhile across the pond, the premiere episode was Channel 4’s highest-rated originated drama in 20 years and Season 1 to date has attracted an 18 percent share of the UK viewing audience in its time slot.

“We’re so pleased to announce a second season of Humans,” AMC/Sundance TV original programming president Joel Stillerman said in a statement. “As one of the year’s top new cable series, Humans has been embraced by fans and critics across the U.S. and UK. We’re looking forward to continuing this very captivating story and further exploring the show’s parallel, Synth-filled world that hits so disturbingly close to home.”

Have you been watching Humans? Glad to see it renewed?

1. garlick2 says:

Loving this show. Not surprised it’s getting picked up, it’s some fine quality sci fi goodness.

2. Yes! Yes! Yes! … My absolute favorite show on this season !!

3. Joey Padron says:

happy the show got renewed for season 2! show is great.

4. dj says:

Loving this show. The Brits do great TV.

• Paul barrett says:

You Americans do some really great shows,but then they get cancelled why ?

• Poster4392 says:

Cause their timeslots are seen as cash symbols, and if shows dont perform exceptionally (good doesnt cut it) the talking heads in L.A. cancel shows to make room for potential hits that end up falling flat, and being cancelled to make room for more potential hits that will also fall flat. (Smash, Happy Endings, the list goes ON!)

• Poster4392 says:

That list was meant to represent the shows that were good but got cancelled due to greed, not because they were at all flat.

• Chuck says:

You are right!!! I can barely remember the number of shows that are introduced. 4 or 5 episodes in its cancelled. Sometimes they make a season or two. Greed destroys everything good

• Crystalvault says:

Sorrowfully, this is absolutely true. I am always afraid to invest emotionally in a series for fear it may not draw in the almighty dollar. Even after it gets ‘Netflixed,’ who really wants to watch an unfinished story.

• Zunebuggy says:

I have to chime in because of some shows I’ve really enjoyed got canceled yet that piece of garbage Two Broke Girls is still on the air. That is the wrist comedy, worst acting and the network decision makers are oblivious to what people like. I agree they just need to find the right timeslots for shows, but more importantly promote the show in On Demand and make a good show and people will watch it on On Demand or DVR it.

5. Kate says:

This makes me happy, I have been so enjoying this show. Even if I still have to think for a moment when the tag for an episode descriptions uses names because apparently I don’t know them all just yet (I just didn’t pay enough attention to the cop and his partner, exactly what kind of android is she?) or at least their names. I’m actually annoyed with myself this week, usually I save it for my after work on Friday treat and I decided to watch it earlier this week.

6. michael says:

Love Humans. I am so glad it has been renewed.

7. Amy says:

yaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!

8. Laurie Emerson says:

Yay!! One of my new favorites. Now if my other two Dark Matter and Killjoys get re-newed.

9. wrstlgirl says:

Another little gem that I found by accident. Glad we’re getting a season two.

10. Chester says:

This is a great show.

11. Katie_Mead says:

Now, if only the success of Humans could pave the way for a third season of Real Humans (Äkta Människor) as well, I could be even happier. The stories have diverged enough that both could be watched without lessening the other. Plus, I’m hoping that some characters in the remake survive (or continue to exist) much longer than they did in the original version.

12. The SHow is griping at times and it difficult to fault it
    I find it to be good tv and I would like this oppertuity to congratulate the writers actors and technical team on a great season.
    Keep up the good wook guys
    Regards Jonathan in Dublin

13. Brian Harrison says:

So happy Humans has been given a second season……currently watching the season finale on channel 4 here in the UK. Amazing show. Thank you for the second season :-) :-)

14. Imagecrafters says:

Wahoo ! Great show!

15. Cathy says:

Awesome, that there will be a season two!!!! Look forward to seeing it next season. I hope to see a season 3 and 4 etc. too!

16. Nighthearted says:

I’m SO glad it was renewed for a season 2! The suspense was agonizing. It totally deserved another season, this show is top-notch! I hope it continues for many seasons to come, loving it!

17. Crystalvault says:

I absolutely enjoy this intelligent and engaging series that indeed poses critical questions concerning definitions and categorizations. What is Human? What is Synth? What can they be to one another? Who between them is entitled to full rights or not? Is self-awareness the root of freedom? Will there always be a struggle to dominate? Is synth equal to abomination? Who says so?

Can’t wait to see what happens next…

18. John Moccio says:

It’s a must see for my wife and me every Sunday night. Wish there were more than 8 episodes in season one, but we’re definitely looking forward to season two.

19. gene legette jr says:

i hope come on again. i love this show.

20. I have to say that I really love this show. Especially because it is not like every other sci-fi show out there. I cannot wait to see season 2

21. shannon says:

Very happy there will be a season 2. Hope we who love this show do not have to wait to long to see the new season. Hope there will be more season’s to come. It is an AMAZING SHOW.

22. Zoli says:

It is one of the best sci-fi shows I’ve ever seen. Interesting, clever, full of life.

23. Lynda Ford says:

Love this show-so glad for a season 2.

24. Caribe Uno says:

Yes, glad to see season 2 is coming !!!
    Greetings from the Republic of Panama.

25. collins says:

yaaaaah….Humans its the best show to watch…I real love Humans it make me feel like its real gona hapen. waiting for season 2

26. Dale Cahson says:

wonderful. Humans was, indeed, human and sometimes told the chilling brutal treatment
    that a “synth” would probably have to endure.

27. Steve says:

Yesss !!!

28. Annette says:

Can’t wait… Very refreshing of topics. I was so glad to see this show renewed as two of my other favorites were not. Which now forces me to want nothing to do with the show in which they are replacing it with. Thank you. COUNT DOWN TO Season 2!!! Way to go.

29. wvl says:

This show is just enough to keep you on the edge of your seat. So far, from what I have been seeing, the acting is very good, lots of team work, especially from the actors and an excellent storyline. I can’t wait to see what is going to happen to the teenager boy with this infatuations for the android. So glad to see the show will continue with season 2. Hopefully, the series will live its entire story.

30. G W Hawes Jt says:

glad to see it renewed

31. Joanne Osborne says:

I am thrilled Humans has been renewed! When is it coming back on?

32. Sherri Birkland says:

Yep! I like it!

33. JoAnne Osborne says:

That is awesomely good news! Love the show!

34. Tammy says:

I really enjoyed the show I’m very happy they renewed it now lets get the show on the road… Hurry please excited fan Tammy

35. Chiina says:

I am so ready for season 2 to come out on amazon fire 🙄

36. Karen Hogan says:

Love this show. So glad it’s being renewed. For some reason, the English shows are always the best.

37. Maryjane says:

Yeah. I love Sci Fi and usually these shows never make it through half the second season. They seem to tell too much too soon and burn out. This Season was so good. Can’t wait for season 2. And 3

38. Timm White says:

When the first trailers for Humans came on I told myself that I wasn’t going to watch. Then came the Humans marathon weekend, I watched, I loved it! Waiting then as each new episode came up…this series has everything that makes viewing great…waiting patiently for season 2, even signed up for the Humans newsletter/updates, can’t wait!

39. Mut@tis64 says:

This is the bast show since Gene Roddenbury’s Stark Trek series on the subject of “What makes us human.”
    It doesn’t delve into the definition of a soul, but it’s still excellent.

40. Kenneth Davis says:

Very cool show,binged all episodes and emotionally drained in a good way

41. Danny says: