Exclusive
Archie Banjabi Brooklyn Nine-Nine

The Good Wife's Archie Panjabi Collars Brooklyn Nine-Nine Guest Stint

This just in: Kalinda Sharma has joined the NYPD!

Former Good Wife star Archie Panjabi is returning to the small screen this fall on Brooklyn Nine-Nine, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The Emmy winner will guest star as Lieutenant Knox, a police officer who has her eye on Joe Lo Truglio’s Detective Boyle. She’ll appear in Season 3’s second episode, slated to air Oct. 4.

This marks Panjabi’s first TV stint since wrapping her six-year run as Good Wife‘s high-skirted, big-booted detective.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine returns Sunday, Sept. 27 at 8:30/7:30c.

1. Steven says:

I was hoping she was the new captain. Either way can’t wait for this!

• Erin B says:

When I saw that headline, I really thought she was the new captain too. Hopefully there is potential for her to stick around for a little while. I bet she can do comedy well too.

2. Glen Williams says:

Great for her.. But don’t watch B. 99

3. K says:

I just want a Kalinda spin off, where she starts up her own PI agency and solves crimes.

4. EJ says:

I hope Andy Samberg can bear to act in the same scene in the same room with her.

• Tea says:

What does this even mean?

• Anne says:

It was a knock against Julianna Marguilles, who plays the lead on The Good Wife. There seemed to be some behind-the-scenes drama between the two, and even though their characters were on good terms, they never shared any further screen time. Even a scene where their characters were together was shot separately.

• Muse says:

I chuckled

5. jbagram says:

She was my favorite on the Good Wife and I was sad to see her go, glad she has another gig.

6. MrScreenAddict says:

Didn’t she leave TGW because she had her own development project with 20th Century Fox TV? What happened to that show? Is it still happening?

• DeeDee says:

Good question! I was thinking the same thing. She is a great actress and she definitely should have her own show. Very sad about the loss of her on The Good Wife. Probably won’t watch TGW any more due to these behind the scenes antics. Very unprofessional

• danyelle says:

I imagine that “development” deals take time to actually develop something. Only a desperate actor would jump at the first thing the studio sends them, I am guessing. I hope AP takes her time waits for the perfect vehicle.

• Rowan77 says:

Development isn’t automatic. She and her producing partner need to come up with shows the studio wants to produce. That takes time. There was no way she would get a development deal in the spring and have a show on in the fall. Usually shows that are pitched for development now don’t get the greenlight to shoot the pilot until January (if at all), are shot between February and April and presented to the studio and network in May.

7. militantgod says:

I’m happy her storyline is involving Joe Lo Truglio. Should be fun!

8. AddieM says:

I was thinking she’d be the captain but this should be good too..hope she’s so good that she’s allowed to stick around for longer

9. matty says:

I will watch her on anything. But what I’d really love is if she was on a show like SVU or Criminal Minds.