Fall TV Preview
The Mindy Project Kunal Nayyar

Mindy Project Season 4 Twist: Mindy to Wed Big Bang Theory's Raj?!

The Mindy Project is starting off Season 4 with a big bang.

The Hulu-bound comedy has tapped The Big Bang Theory‘s Kunal Nayyar to guest star as a prospective husband to Mindy Kaling’s titular OB/GYN, TVLine has confirmed.

According to TVInsider, which broke the news, Nayyar will play Sendhil, a successful hedge fund manager that Mindy’s parents (the recently cast Ajay Mehta and Sakina Jaffrey) think would make an ideal spouse for their daughter. (Methinks Danny will have something to say about that.)

Nayyar joins a Season 4 guest cast that includes Garret Dillahunt (Raising Hope) and Joseph Gordon-Levitt (The Dark Knight Rises).

The Mindy Project makes its Hulu premiere later this year.

1. Julia says:

Amazing…this will be a hilarious epi. I love Kunal Nayyar..Raj is my second fav character on TBBT after Sheldon.

2. Damian says:

He is such a good looking guy when he doesn’t have to be “Raj”

3. they must’ve got a truck load of money from hulu. they’re getting some really solid guest actors for this new season

4. giana says:

So exciting! LOVE TMP, and their awesome guest stars prove lots of celebs love it too!

5. Shelbot HQ says:

We love Raj too. thebigbangtheoryhq.com

6. Ethel says:

why is he wearing a wedding ring if he is only a prospective husband?

• Allison says:

I’m pretty sure that’s not a shot from the show, I think it might be from an award show or something because that’s clearly Johnny Galecki sitting behind him looking pretty un-Leonard like. I think Kunal married in real life.

7. Shar says:

It looks like Johnny Galecki ( sp) sitting behind him.

8. J.Norman says:

For myself, I hope that Mindy and Danny never get together -(as husband and wife).

Sacrilege?,
    I suppose,
    but, to me, they seem to be one of those couples that seem to work out on paper and you want them together right up to the moment when they are.

Then, the differences between them and the reasons they should just stay buddies come screaming up to the forefront.