Longmire Season 4 Release Date

Longmire: Netflix Sets Season 4 Release Date, Solves Time Jump Mystery

Longmire fans, it’s the Season 4 update you’ve been (impatiently) waiting for.

Netflix announced on Tuesday that the ex-A&E drama’s 10-episode fourth season will drop on Thursday, Sept. 10.

The streaming giant also released a mildly spoilery longline that revealed, among other things, that Season 4 “picks up moments after Season 3’s exciting finale” — which suggested that Branch had been shot by his father or vice versa — and finds Walt succumbing to his darker impulses after learning who was behind the murder of his wife.

On the casting front, Netflix confirms that Ally Walker will recur in an unspecified role, joining returning regulars Robert Taylor, Bailey Chase, Katee Sackhoff, Lou Diamond Phillips, Cassidy Freeman and Adam Bartley. Gerald McRaney will also reprise his role as Barlow Connally for an arc.

1. DavidJ says:

Awesome news. Feels like it’s been forever since the last season.

2. Dean says:

Finally. Loved this show yeah its ratings weren’t game of thones but it was one of the networks better performing shows besides bates motel. AE must be kicking themselves for letting it go.

• SL says:

Agreed. They had two good shows that had decent ratings and storylines and they let them go without second thought. Yep agreed they will be kicking themselves. I’m glad Netflix picked it up though because the finale of a cliff hanger was torture especially if there was no answer. I hope Branch remembers everything and especially more about the relationship between his father, uncle and the Indian guy especially with comments like I can’t rebuild my empire but I can sire another son etc..
      It seems like the uncle is involved somehow as well and more importantly a reason why they wanted Branch as sheriff.

• Dean says:

AE where drama’s get canned with cliffhangers. Breakout Kings, the Glades just to name a few.

• Annie says:

Still mad about the Glades!!!! Very happy we have a release date for Longmire!! This made my Tuesday!!! :)

• Preacher Book says:

Agreed! Left him for dead on the kitchen floor of his new house while bride waits at the alter. Still best excuse evah for being late to the wedding – bullet in the stomach !!

• Kim says:

I Know I really wish that Netflix would pick up the Glades as well!

• mari Johnson says:

Glad we were able to raise a posse to save this show..

• Laura C says:

With A&E, dumping Longmire didn’t have to do with ratings. It had to do with the fact they didn’t want the OLDER demographic, AND they had no ownership stake in the show. Their loss nonetheless, Hello Netflix, bye-bye A&E.

3. brandi says:

So excited! Can’t wait.

4. TaMara says:

Happy news. Thanks!!

5. Robert says:

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been waiting for this 4th season since I saw the announcement that Netflix picked up the assume show.

6. JuliaJ. says:

Excellent news !!

7. justsomeguy says:

Excellent news. About time!

8. libkat says:

So glad to see Bailey Chase is back for season 4. (I’m not counting this as a spoiler since it’s in the article.) I HATED Branch’s storyline last season and I hope they do better by the character.

9. suzyku says:

Can’t wait! Really looking forward to it’s return!!!!

10. Fawn Nielsen says:

I understand the entire Season of 10 episodes is going to be televised on the 1 day of Sept 10th. Rather than a 1 hour show each week. That’s going to be difficult to sit thru 10 hrs rather than warching a week at a time…

11. I’ve been paying Netflix all this time-not even using it-so I don’t miss Longmire’s return !!!! how crazy is that ??? So happy now !!!!

• SandyT says:

I’ve been doing the same thing! Paying for Netflix for months just to be sure I get to see Longmire!

• Wayne Adams says:

I don’t feel so bad because the only reason i got Netflix was for season 4 of longmire! I haven’t used it for anything else.

• LYNNE CROUCH says:

WELL,WELL,WELL……SEASON 4 DID NOT DISAPPOINT……GREAT WRITING, ACTING AND STORY TELLING……CAN’T WAIT TO START WATCHING THE WHOLE STORY AGAIN
          L;YNNE C.

12. Georgia Madman says:

Whoot!!! Can’t friggin’ wait!

13. CD Jones says:

Yes! Can’t wait!

14. Rachel says:

Happy birthday month to me! **doing a happy dance!!!**

15. Preacher Book says:

THERE IS A TELEVISION GOD !!!! PRAISE THE NIELSEN !!!!

16. daveR says:

This show was great from the start seems like they always discontinue good ones like brooklyn taxi was great as well. Hope Netflix picks that up as well.

17. Cindy says:

Oh my gosh ! I was just whining about this the other night. I am so excited I can’t wait. What can I say it’s the little things in life :)

18. Sharon says:

So looking forward to this! Very glad that Netflix recognized the intelligence and allure of this show. It makes those of us who love well-scripted drama with interesting characters and strong stories, as well as an excellent cast, have hope for the future of television.

• BigJRM says:

” It makes those of us who love well-scripted drama with interesting characters and strong stories, as well as an excellent cast” describes the “OVER 50” demographic perfectly. It takes most of us that long to develope GOOD tastes. I enjoy Longmire as well.

19. GhostWolf says:

Signed up to Netflix specifically for Daredevil so now looking forward to the new season of Longmire. A&E (why they keep this name when they now longer are arts & entertainment but mostly reality) was nuts to cancel the show and with a bloody cliffhanger to boot (with the Glades – they could have at least given us a closing movie to up the cliffhanger).

20. Kathy says:

You’re right Dean. This is why I will NEVER watch another a&e show. I’ve been burned too many times. I’m done.

21. Sheila says:

2nd best news I’ve heard! Best was Netflix picking Longmire up for a glorious Season 4 that the cast, crew, fans & Mr. Craig Johnson deserve.

22. helen says:

yeah love the show!

23. Znachki says:

YAY!!! Been a fan of this show since Walt popped the top of his first “reindeer”.

24. Barbara says:

Maybe they can resurrect Covert Affairs

25. Barbara says:

And maybe the Glades. Left hanging.

26. Barbara says:

Love Lonirr. So glad it’s back

27. Barbara says:

So glad Longmore is back. Maybe the Glades and Covert Affairs are next

28. Laura C says:

I heard that this would be the LAST season of Longmire, so I’m sure they will tie up loose ends, BUT, I was REALLY hoping it would go on for SEVERAL seasons. Boo hoo!!

• John says:

Not sure where you heard that. Netflix chairman said he hopes to have the show around for several more seasons, even mentioning possibilities of an eighth or tenth season. He says the series is rich with characters and stories to carry on for a while.

• Laura C says:

Well I sure hope so John, I read my acct in an online article not long ago, so I hope YOURS is the correct one. I agree there are MANY more stories they could do with this excellent series.

• Brian Denk says:

John, from my own experience working as background on the show, the feeling I get from the cast and crew is that they would LOVE to do more seasons. They are the most down-to-Earth, fun, talented and motivated people you could ever meet. Robert Taylor is a true gentleman, very kind and helpful on set and Peter Weller is a wonderful actor and director. Longmire: proof positive you don’t have to make films in Hollywood anymore. Go New Mexico!

29. BMontana says:

Thank you Netflix! We’ve wore out our DVDs of seasons 1-3 and have read the whole series of books twice. I’d heard A&E dropped Longmire because the viewers were older and not buying what the sponsors were selling. What exactly do fans of the series Criminal Minds buy? It seems like reality shows and CM are all they play now.

30. Gaby Belden says:

I am on a satellite and cannot stream anything. Will these shows be available on disk for the underpriviledged? I don’t even have cell service where I live.

31. James Miller says:

“Comments are monitored, so don’t go off topic, don’t frakkin’ curse and don’t bore us with how much your coworker’s sister-in-law makes per hour. Talk smart about TV!”

By putting that there, you are practically triple dog daring me to post nonsense.

32. Rebecca says:

#LongLiveLongmire!

33. Kyckastra says:

Love this show! So much so, that I have been re-watching it from the beginning on Netflix when I visit my daughter’s house (I don’t have Netflix.) I will make a point to go over there and watch Season 4!

34. SherryB says:

Glad that Longmire got a new home but sad its on Netflix since we all don’t have Netflix to watch it on..A&E is a crappy network, first The Glades and then Longmire, I hear they fired the power-that-be person who was in charge but the damage was done both to the show, the fans and the network itself since many viewers stopped watching A&E programming all together, I deleted the channel from my lineup and haven’t watched since, don’t care what is showing if its on A&E I don’t tune in..

35. Dog says:

Well, it seems that Branch will be back and Papa Connally will be going. So, we know Branch may have been shot – but he lives.
    Ready for the new shows… just got Netflix

36. Dog says:

I am hoping for a little Walt-Vic action this year. Been waiting long enough.

37. So pleased Netflix picked up Longmire. This was one of the best written shows on television ever, and the actors are fabulous. Can’t wait until September 10!

38. wyoyell says:

September 10th is now marked on the calendar in RED……yahooooo

39. John Traylor says:

After A&E dropped The Glades with a cliffhanger ending, then Longmire I removed A&E from my DISH favorites. The only two shows they had that were worth my time to watch and they cancelled both with cliffhangers. As far as I am concerned A&E does not exist anymore.

40. Cheryl says:

I can’t wait till Sept.10th! This is one of my all time fav. shows and I’ve read all of his books. It’s going to be hard not to have a marathon of Longmire😁

41. Kelly Francis says:

Thank you thank you we love longmire and the whole cast please keep them coming

42. JoAnn says:

Truly happy Longmire is being returned to TV. Did I miss season 3?

• Laura C says:

JoAnn, Longmire is now on Netflix after A&E dumped it. You will find Season 3 on Netflix as well. Season 4 starts either Sept 1 or Sept 10, can’t remember which.

43. Rebecca Kellogg says:

How come every time you put on a decent show you drop it. And keep running reruns of crap nobody likes? Put Longmire back on and a few more programs like it instead of these stupid reality shows!

44. Bevy Mo says:

Saw Robert Taylor on Hallmark Home and Family show this week and found out this great news.
    Thanks Netflix! Looking forward to seeing Season 4.

45. gil says:

Great news. Only reason we are signing up for Nextfix

46. Taylo Dickson says:

Anybody know what TIME Netflix will show the premier of Longmire on Sept.10? Central time, please.

47. Longmire is superb acting, story line, entertainment…..shame on A&E for cancelling and well done to Netflix for the resurrection of such fine entertainment

48. Brooklin says:

Can’t wait!!!

49. Kathy says:

We’ve awaiting our favorite show. Can’t believe you were dropped but I can say this, I am going to ensure that we begin dropping shows so they get the message. When they don’t listen to the majority we can make them the minority. Thank you!! Appreciate you keeping it clean of the standards of the “now” shows/movies.