Fall TV Preview
The Mindy Project Garrett Dillahunt

Mindy Project Taps Raising Hope's Garret Dillahunt to Replace Dr. Lahiri

Paging Dr. Garret Dillahunt.

The Raising Hope vet will recur on Season 4 of The Mindy Project as a new OB-GYN at Shulman & Associates, our sister Deadline reports.

Dillahunt’s Jody replaces Mindy when she goes on maternity leave. He is described as a charming southern gentleman with extremely traditional values who thinks the titular heroine is a tacky idiot.

The Mindy Project returns later this year on its new home, Hulu.

1. Wtactualf says:

Can’t wait! Would’ve been cool if she’d have been replaced with Frida Pinto, lol

2. Julia says:

Ohhh come one…just when I thought I had it nailed down on who the new Captain of B99…I see this article!

3. Julia says:

TMP already has a number of underutilized regular characters..what is the point of bringing in someone new. I hope to see more of Mindy’s delinquent lil brother tho..he’s hilarious

• mary says:

it is just for while her character is on maternity leave… like he is a temp to cover her in the practice its not like he is going to be a regular.

I however, agree I hope we see more of her brother and Tamara and less of Ma and Dot (or non of Ma and Dot)

• Julia says:

Yes…I’d be happy with no Ma & Dot

• S. says:

Annette and Dot are fun, it’s not like we see them that much really, and besides Annette’s about to become a grandmother. Why would they have less Rhea Pearlman in that situation?

• Mary says:

Because the character was to much and took away from the show. It’s not a family show so Annette isn’t needed one episode or two last season was plenty. Honestly the character of ma made me like Danny less and made me feel he was less worthy of Mindy. So I’m hoping she moves closer to Richie this season. And I say this as someone who loves rhea pearlman on cheers

4. abz says:

I hope they tone Morgan down a bit. To be honest, he is one my least favorites. I don’t hate him, but I find annoying a lot of the times.

5. Nicole says:

He is the best casting ever! Loved him on raising hope and now even more excited for the season!!!!

6. Ethel says:

Love Garrett but as an OB-GYN?! I shudder thinking about my next dr appointment…lol. This casting could cause me to watch a show which I don’t even like.

7. nhogan47 says:

He was the best part of Raising Hope.

8. Wooster182 says:

Mindy Kaling is doing everything to make me buy Hulu, dammit.