Teen Wolf Theo Stiles

Teen Wolf Recap: Total Recall

Forget chimeras, Dread Doctors and feather-puking wallflowers. On Monday’s Teen Wolf, Scott and his pack faced their greatest threat thus far: attempting to read an entire book… with no pictures!

It was all in the name of jogging their memories, discovering whatever it was the Dread Doctors wanted them to suppress, but boy did it make them sleepy.

The award for Most Heartbreaking Memory goes to Stiles, who recalled the night his mother attacked him because she believed he was trying to kill her. (Gee, I can’t imagine why a 10-year-old boy would want to suppress that.) In fact, Stiles was so rattled by this recollection that he was nearly murked by a chimera. Fortunately — and I use that term loosely — Theo arrived just in time to save the day. And to blackmail Stiles into keeping quiet or else he’d tell everyone what really happened to Donovan.

So… breaking news: Theo’s still a total dick.

PUFF, PUFF, PASS (OUT) | Scott’s memory, a dog attack he apparently suffered as a tyke, was triggered during a particularly unfortunate meeting with his AP Biology teacher — not that one could have a fortunate meeting with that science Nazi — which brought on a nasty asthma attack. I was pretty worried about Scott until Liam showed up, inhaler in hand, just in the nick of time. (Full disclosure, though: I half expected Liam to blow directly into Scott’s mouth. I figured he might have learned a thing or two since he’s been spending literally all of his free time at Sinema. Next week, maybe.)

Teen Wolf TheoDO YOU EVEN LIFT, THEO? | After weeks of hype, Teen Wolf finally made good on its promise of a gratuitous Liam workout scene, and while he’s no Derek Hale — seriously, never forget where it all began — the newbie definitely held his own in that weight room. He also held his own against Malia, whose arrival turned it into a workout… for the mind. She threw a whole mess of questions his way, mostly about why he didn’t tell Scott that Malia remembered the Desert Wolf attack, all of which he fielded without ever dropping a weight. (Side note: I feel like Malia has spent all of her screen time with Theo as of late. She does remember Stiles is her boyfriend, right?)

PSYCHOBABBLE | Speaking of Theo doing inappropriate things to other guys’ girlfriends, the wannabe pack member apparently snuck upstairs and recorded Kira sleeping. And while his shady shenanigans turned out to be helpful — any guesses why she’s been muttering “I am the messenger of Death” in Japanese? — that doesn’t make his methods any less suspect. (For the record, if he’d done it shirtless, I’d be considerably less judgmental. Figured I should mention that.)

BITCH BETTER HAVE MY MONEY | Liam continued his relentless pursuit of mini Selena Gomez Hayden this week, first at Sinema — where we learned that she’s working hard so her sister doesn’t have to pay for a kidney transplant she had a few years back — and then on the lacrosse/soccer field. That’s where we got the scoop on the couple’s rocky past; in middle school, Hayden apparently got caught in the middle of one of Liam’s hallway scuffles and ended up with a black eye. (Picture day = ruined.) Oh, we also learned that Hayden’s a chimera, but I feel like that’s way less tragic than Liam ruining her picture day. No retakes, bruh!

LET’S GET PHYSICAL | For the record, I didn’t purposely save Lydia for last this week; I’m just way too lazy to cut and paste this at the top. Anyway, her repressed memory found her back at Eichen House, where she watched her mother holding down her grandmother while she was getting her head drilled in a bathtub. Totally standard Lydia childhood fare. … The twist? Unless I misunderstood her, Lydia theorized that the memory was actually someone else’s.(Also, Lydia and Parrish flirted up a damn storm during their training session, so to all of you who judged me last season for ‘shipping them, please tweet me your sincerest apologies.)

Your take on this week’s bananas hour of television? Do you suspect, as I do, that Theo will use Malia, Stiles and everyone else’s secrets to drive a wedge between them and Scott, thus allowing him to slip into the role of pack leader? Drop a comment with your theories — no matter how wackadoodle — below.

1. FatherOctavian says:

Felt horrible for Lydia and Stiles and what they had to remember.

Totally agree that Theo is working to undermine the connections how Scott’s pack together.

Hayden has grown on me as a character faster than any in recent memory. She needs to not die like the other chimeras and Victoria Moroles needs to stick around a long damn time.

2. Maddy says:

Malia and Theo need to get together. They’d be a better couple than Malia and Stiles.

3. Sarah says:

You did misunderstand Lydia. The memory of her grandmother was her own (didn’t you hear her mother talking directly to her by name there), but she realized the memory of the SURGERY with the Dread Doctors was someone else’s. A memory she finally saw in full at the hospital watching that boy.

• OA says:

I was actually pretty sure it meant that the surgery she saw was Hayden’s kidney transplant because Lydia kept hearing something very similar to Hayden’s name and the crossover from her scene to Hayden’s scene with Liam was too deliberate…

4. tyranthraxus says:

I cannot see Stiles being blackmailed for too long. Its gonna come out. Scott might not like it but well, he wasnt there. I expect Stiles is gonna start to do things to screw over Theo or we are going to find out that Theo is being blackmailed by the Dread Doctors himself.

5. Liz says:

Got to say they are making a huge effort in putting reasons for Stiles and Malia breaking up. It’s not even the Theo thing,it’s more of the them lying to each other. I do like Parrish and Lydia but it still feels weird to me, he can’t be that young. Right?

6. Alice-Ginevra Micheli says:

Look, don’t get me wrong, I get that this season is all about the breakdown of relationships mimicking the end of high school but HOW IS EVERYONE BEING SO STUPID?! I mean they’re all keeping secrets and they’d be that much closer to fixing everything if they were honest. Plus, I love Stiles, but he’s gotta know by now that Scott isn’t going to judge him because he accidentally, not really, killed Donovan…

7. Leah Pueschel says:

So is Lydia going to dismiss that memory of her grandmother? Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t her grandmother predict things, so surely she would think hang on, maybe she wasn’t just talking nonesense, maybe she actually saw the doctors?

Oh Andy, just a correction. In the workout section you’ve got a typo in that you’ve written that it’s a Liam workout.

8. Newo says:

Do we know for sure that the Japanese translation isn’t just a lie to manipulate Scott in some way to further separate him from his pack ?

9. Gdom says:

Did ANYONE else notice Theo’s eyes didn’t turn blue after he killed the guy? Werewolf eyes are supposed to turn blue after they take a life. He’s probably a chimera.

• SonOfCoul says:

I don’t think it happens automatically, though. Either that, or he’s not a real wolf, but a Chimera….and the typical rules don’t apply?

• Rook says:

Werewolf eyes turn for yellow to blue when they have taken an innocent life. Is that guy considered that???

10. Norah says:

When Lydia was listening to the heart rate beeping sound, I thought the dread doctors were saying “Aiden” and I thought Aiden would be part of the cast again and they would hurt him. Then I realized they were repeating “Hayden”.
    Why were they repeating her name when it wasn’t her that Lydia saw on the table being operated on by the dread doctors?

11. Goodbyenoway says:

Duh, it wasn’t Liam working out, it was Theo. And he’s WAY hotter than Derek Hale. He’s damn perfect.

12. Anonym says:

This pack is messed up.
    Wolf, banshy, coyote, human and whatever the new guy is I’m sure he is at least half something else (other than wolf I mean).
    Oh, and Kira is a category of her own.
    Keeping these beings together in a pack is a waste of time… they don’t even fit together.
    It’s like wolfs are stronger in pack, but what is the case with this pack – no surprise Scott is a weakling of an alfa.
    I bet if there is a celestial kitsune in the pack, than it makes the alfa weaker ;-)

13. Evan says:

It just hit me why Scott isn’t as strong as he should be…. he only has two betas! Malia and Liam are the only betas in his pack and if we remember correctly Alphas draw power from their pack!

14. Petula says:

I think Hayden might be one of the Dread Doctors successful experiments. Or maybe those pills are keeping her stable. And why can’t Stiles tell that he killed Donovan already? It was a life or death situation. And Stydia all the way! Malia and Stiles were just thrown together without any buildup.

• cheekymonkey says:

yeah that what I am thinking, why cant stiles just come clean? like he didn’t really do anything wrong and nobody id going to judge him for saving himself!

• Brenna says:

I think I understand why Stiles is so reluctant to tell everyone about what happened with Donovan. From day 1, Scott has always preached about not killing anyone, not even the bad guys. Between that and Stiles’ lingering trauma and guilt from his time as the Nogitsune, he probably believes that the others will blame him. He thinks they’ll hate him.

15. Gabriel Berg says:

You know how Scott got another Asthma attack when the doctor touched him and all. What if his dog, Roxy, had fought of a dread doctor that tried to attack Scott when he was young but no one saw him so they thought the dog attacked him? O.o Just a crazy theory, don’t take it seriously ;P Also, loved the Sciam scene when Liam basically saved Scott’s life.

16. cheekymonkey says:

how did liam know that hayden was a chimera? like how did he know to check her eyes.

17. GundamGirl says:

wondering if the dread doctors are changing everyones memories, as we see lydia in the first episode at echin house, we see scott picking up kira after her trip and them driving off to the school. but we see Lydia’s memories change when she’s being asked about the summer while at echin house, the scene is quickly replayed and it looks like scott doesn’t pick up Kira. and everything that happened to them has changed.

18. Tam says:

Was anyone else thinking that Theo might be a chimera as well? The weight he was lifting at the gym didn’t seem to be that much for a werewolf and Malia was clearly stronger them him,nit looked she even hurt him.
    Maybe that’s why his eyes didn’t change maybe chimeras can’t really change. That’s also the reason why they doesn’t have a pack because he is not a real werewolf. And that might also be why he needs Scott, maybe he needs the power of Scott to actually evolve.
    Oh did I mention I’m with stiles and don’t trust the guy at all. Soooo shady!!

19. Ella says:

I love Stiles and Malia together and I am seriously feeling the lack of scenes :'(