Pretty Little Liars Spoilers

Pretty Little Liars Finale: Black Widow, Red Coat and More Will Be Revealed

When ABC Family dubbed this Pretty Little Liars‘ #SummerOfAnswers, it wasn’t messing around.

According to the just-released synopsis for the summer finale (Aug. 11, 8/7c) — appropriately titled “Game Over, Charles” — we’re going to get answers to nearly every question posed during the show’s five-season run:

Who killed Toby’s mother? Who hit Alison in the head with the rock the night she went missing? Who is Red Coat? Who killed Bethany? Who is the Black Widow? Why has ‘A’ been targeting the PLLs all this time? After years of torture, Alison, Aria, Emily, Hanna and Spencer finally come face-to-face with their tormentor and learn the story of how and why Charles became ‘A.’

This sounds like more of a series finale than a season finale, which makes sense, considering the marathon of reveals will be followed by a five-year time jump, essentially rebooting the girls’ women’s journey.

With only a few weeks left until these reveals, let’s bang out final theories: Who is Red Coat? Who is the Black Widow? And who killed Toby’s mom? Drop a comment with your best guesses below.

1. Azerty says:

I will believe it when I see it.

• Poster4392 says:

I dont trust Sarah or whatever the single white female lesbian girl that was living with Emily is named. She’s involved somehow, i bet she’s red coat.

• Karly says:

I believe the real sarah harvey is dead and was in As grave.
        we only asume shes Sarah because thats what she told us

• Kim says:

Remember though Avery who appeared in season 4 as Sara’s friend met up with Sara and she’s now living with her. She’s obviously gonna know that she isn’t her friend if that was the case and she defo wouldn’t invite her to stay…defo think she’s got ulterior motives but i don’t think she’s Bethany Young as

• madison says:

I agree

• molly says:

Didn’t think of that one…interesting…but maybe she’s charles

• Abi says:

I honestly think Sara is actually Bethany and the real Sara is dead and I think she’s redcoat/black widow

• molly says:

Is red coat the black widow? Who’s the black widow and how did I miss this?!

• brandydanforth81 says:

1.Dont think so.Good Red Coats were Ali/CeCe Bad Red Coat will be revealed. 2.Black Widow is a woman in a black dress/veil at Wilden funeral

• Ashanni says:

I think the Same thing I think “A” let her go cas she stayed down there the longest so “A” has her under his control and that she is “Red Coat”

• walkerwifey says:

I totally agree. It’s funny how as soon as she moves in with her friend, red coat suddenly appears. Hm… fishy much?

• i was thinking the same exact thing.

• molly says:

Since the show also tries to keep up with current “issues” (Spencer’s drug abuse, caleb and all his issues, and most obvious, the “mean girl” image as the high school bully), I’m guessing Sara is Charles…or was…

Also, going for Emily, who is not only the only one into girls, but also the quickest to fall for someone. .

• ChrisGa says:

Thank you. I’ve learned not to believe a thing that comes out of Marlene King’s mouth.

2. Cornelius says:

No matter how they decide to answer all the questions a lot of fans will still be upset with the reveal. They waited way to long to answer stuff, and it just seems like now they are literally pulling the answers out of a hat.

• Andy Swift says:

I agree that saving all these answers for a big, one-episode reveal-athon is a little crazy… but I still need to know.

• CaptainOats says:

Exactly. That’s a terrible pacing strategy. But, after all this time, we all deserve to know! I can’t think of any possible way that it won’t all just feel totally random and nonsensical… but I’m hoping the writers are more clever than I am!

• Bradley says:

Yes, there’s a lot of answers that will be revealed in one episode, but it’s not like they’ve put every single answer from all five seasons in one episode. Things have been revealed throughout the seasons, I personally like the idea of having most/if not all the answers revealed in one episode because that means come episode eleven, the girls will have a fresh start and a new mystery. I’ve you’ve watched the show since it started you should have faith in the writers and not be judging them because for their TV show to go on for 5+ seasons is an accomplishment in itself let alone the international recognition the girls have got because of their brilliant acting and their dedication to the show. It takes a brilliant actor/actress to be just as committed to a show as well as the fans. You have to remember that they were in the dark for the first 5 seasons theirselves, only some of them found out the answers were all waiting for a few months ago. So be patient and reserved judgement until you see the episode.

• Jessica says:

I agree I’ve watched this show since the beginning and people complain way to much just trust will get the answers we’ve been waiting 5 seasons for I for one am looking forward to it.

• molly says:

That’s why the show is so good. Maybe you’re not used to figuring out most mysteries and finally you’ve met your match ;)

Well, that’s what I concluded until i realized that’s what drew me to the show. Plus, I’d make a good bet the story would be leaked if they didn’t make so many “unexpected twists” …I will admit I’m sad that the suspense will be over though…

3. Brian says:

Yeah, right…

4. lexi says:

i’m not falling for that one again…

5. Amy says:

No matter what gets revealed or not, Emily looks fantastic in the pic. Very fairy-tale, Malificent-y.

6. Julia says:

Undoubtedly all of these answers will make no sense and everyone will be upset again just like the ‘Charles’ reveal.

7. Payton says:

I actually am glad they’re waiting so long to reveal everything, & doing it all at once. Yes, it is frustarating waiting & waiting for answers when this is supposed to be “summer of answers.” But the suspense is building the longer we wait for answers. That’ll make the reveals & answers so much better for us. I completely doubt they are gonna bring a random character to be Charles. Tgat would be a waste. They’re gonna use someone we know, they have too.

• Cas says:

If they use someone we know that will be shocking! I’m more interested to see how the time jump will play out. Maybe it will add new needed life to the series.

• Bobbie says:

I beleive thats where the new guy is comming in! They said in the time drop one of the girls will have a new love

• A says:

I kinda think in like the back on my mind that Charles might be Jason or like Jason is A or maybe even helping him and that Bethany young or Jenna marshal is evil red coat

• BrittBrat says:

I feel like the suspense is kind of gone because we had to wait way too long. At this point, I can’t remember any of the questions I had because they never answered them. Now I don’t know how much I care anymore.

• LEECA says:

I agree 100%

8. Nick says:

I’m just going to assume that we’ll learn everything…until the time jump when they’ll reveal that everything we just learned is not actually true

9. Eric7740 says:

I’m a little skeptical of I. Marlene King giving all these answers in a single episode. Also skeptical if all the answers will be true. I mean the show is called Pretty Little Liars after all, perhaps the title is referring to the writers and not the characters…

• Sam Lester says:

6B is supposed to be 5 year time jump. It’s supposed to go completely OFF topic the next half of the season. This is the end of this story line (Arch) Season 7 of course will probably be a whole new Arch to end the series. But “THIS A” WILL be revealed

10. “Who is Red Coat? Who is the Black Widow? And who killed Toby’s mom?” Dan Humphrey

11. I want a Clue-style ending, with multiple suspects being revealed to be A.

12. Levi says:

The true A or uber A as some call him/her will still be at large. My theory is this person has been building an A team and things are getting to close for comfort. They will let the A team call in hope to continue the real game. My money is on Aria. Check out ariaisa.com it makes perfect sense she is the true villian.

13. Kelly says:

Ive always thought Wren was A

14. Angela says:

It will be so interesting to see how this all finally plays out, IF it actually does!! My daughter and I love the show and have our picks for who A really is. My guess is Wren, she thinks it’s Ezra!! I think Melissa is Black Widow and I thought Ali and Cece were already revealed to both be Red Coat. Is there another one? I also don’t trust the Sara girl, she is either Bethany or is helping Charles, or both! I think a new A will arise with the time jump, but I do hope we get some real answers this time and not more evasions!!

• brandydanforth81 says:

Ali& CeCe were “good ” Red Coat helping/protecting the Liars but there was a “bad/evil “Red Coat who worked against Ali& the Laurs and evil one will be revealed

• samantha says:

Hey. I have a gut feeling that A is Wren. I just want to ask you what made you think wren is A?

15. Do not take pretty little lairs off the aie

16. Gabby says:

I believe with everything that i know and love that Sara is Charles I just got that hunch that she is Charles there is so many signs putting to her that it is hard not to believe it.

• I’ve had that same thought. She played the innocent victim when the police found her in the dollhouse, but that could have just been a convenient cover for herself in case she got caught. We’ve already learned that A seems to think of everything in advance!

17. Ali says:

Ahaha sure. Fool me once, Marlene

18. Tiffany says:

Maybe Jenna killed Toby’s mother. Wasn’t she trying to blackmail him because they slept together? Maybe she blames the accident which made her blind on him. Plus she seem’s really bitchy.
    I think Charles hit Alison in the head with the rock. Mrs. D saw it but protected him by not telling anyone. If you remember her facial expression, she recognized the person who hit Alison and was also surprised. Perhaps she really did think he was dead.
    Wasn’t it already revealed that Alison and CeCe were both Red Coat?
    We know that Melissa buried Bethany alive because she thought she was dead, I think Charles had something to do with her seeming dead. Perhaps he intended for her to die. Maybe she found out his secret.
    I think Melissa was the Black Widow. She fit the body type and hair color for it. She and Ian were pissed at Alison for something back in the day.
    Charles must blame Alison and her friends for something or else why would he be doing all of things? I can’t imagine what though.

• Ale says:

I totally agree with you!!

• brandydanforth81 says:

There were two Red Coats”good ” rc -Ali and only once Ccee and “bad/evil”rc-the ones that’s to be revealed

• Tiffany S. says:

Jenna could not have been the one to kill Toby’s mom. Toby’s mom was already dead when Toby’s dad married Jenna’s mom making them step-siblings. That is why she was blackmailing him about their relationship; it was wrong due to them being step-siblings.

• Emerald says:

I like totally agree because Jenna is like capable of doing anything she wants at any time!!!
      So maybe that is a good guess!!!

19. Katie says:

Everyone is so negative, I just want to scream. I, on the other hand, am so freaking excited. That episode description almost made me faint. I’m on the Wren-is-A train, so I’m so pumped for the reveal.

20. Sara is sketchy and needs to just fall off the planet. She is so annoying and feral.
    Toby’s mom probably got killed by Bethany
    Charles hit Ali with the rock
    Red Coat is either CeCe, Wren, or someone we’ve never even heard of before
    Black Widow is also someone we’ve probably never heard of ever.

The moral this post is don’t believe anything I. Marlene says. She is geniusly evil.

• Noel Snow says:

I almost wonder if Sara’s haircut was to give her an alibi. “Look at me, I have short hair so I can’t be the blonde in Aria’s photos.”

I thought Black Widow is Jessica’s twin, and she is Uber A.

Supposedly a fan figured everything out years ago, which would mean Charles really isn’t a major player or Uber A.

21. kris says:

They always hype up the finale and then it turns out to be a disappointment. I’m not expecting much.

22. Deborah Jean says:

My guesses keep changing from one week to the next, but right now…I’m thinking Red Coat is CeCe, Black Widow is Ashley Marin, Spencer killed Toby’s mom, and either Wilden or Lucas is A.

• No. It’ll be Wren who is A. He’s the only one who fits all the clues.

• handsomelittleliar says:

you don’t know that for sure. also, that’s wrong; there is not one character who fits all the clues by themself. wren (as well as CeCe) being A is actually unlikely at this point. however, I have seen theories that have convinced me. but the same can be said for multiple characters. or rather, wren or CeCe being the series endgame antagonist is unlikely at this point. they may however, be involved in the Charles arc.

23. Jordan says:

A-Team-
    Aria
    Toby
    Ezra
    Allison
    Mona

That could be a clue as to who it is. Or the people not mentioned in this list are A.

Who knows I gave up on the show a year ago. Caught up with it recently.

24. Victoria says:

My problem is the show now has so many questions that I’m confused as to what is actually going on and what is important and what is just a filler. Ugh!! Still love the show though

25. Sandman says:

I dont believe it and probably the real “A” will be revealed in the series finale.

26. Kim says:

This will be the best episode, it will explain everything

27. mike says:

i think marion suicided for reasons about charles,melissa is the black widow and bethany is red coat or sara is some evil biatch

28. Lindsey says:

At this point, I take whatever they tell us and believe the opposite. It doesn’t matter, anyway. It’s gotten so bad that I pretty much just watch for the eye candy now, which is sad because I never do that.

29. I thought red coat were Ali / Cece?!?

30. It’s bound to be Wren who is A/Charles and blonde Sarah is working with him.

31. shelton23236 says:

What if Travis is Charles? The kid has blonde hair and blue eyes and travis is one of the only people that look like that.plus travis looks like he would be strong. I don’t know who else it could be. They said that we would be sad when we found out who Charles was.

32. Emerald says:

I think the black widow is Melissa!!
    I think red coat is cece drake!!!!
    And I think Alison killed Toby’s mom!!!!

33. Morgs says:

I think everybody has noticed how sketchy the character Aria is, she’s very suspicious and I believe she is hiding something, maybe she is red coat! If she isn’t red coat she definitely has something to do with what’s happening in Rosewood. As for who black widow is, I noticed that once she toke off her veil and half of her mask was burnt, so it must be someone that was in a fire? Like Jenna??

34. lalalalalalalalal says:

Sara is involved some how. Why else would they even add her as a character? She’s not really relevant at this point, so she must be involved. She’s shady af

• brandydanforth81 says:

They added cause three blonde teen girls Sara,Ali,Bethanny-all went missing/were attacked ect on the same night

35. Laura says:

What’s the connection? My dvr states that Family channel will be showing certain old episodes prior to 8/11 show where “all will be revealed”? First the Pilot 1(1); Moments Later 1(11); The First Secret 2(13); Out of Sight Out of Mind 3(21); Shadow Play 4(19); Miss Me x 100 5(5); and then Welcome to the Dollhouse 5(25). So what do THESE particular episodes tell us who A is, Redcoat and Black Widow? I need the help of someone else’s PLL brain to figure it out. FYI these shows are being shown on 8/11.

• Jordan says:

Hmm I might rewatch the episodes if clues show up on these episodes my money is on Aria or Spencer. This might sound a bit morbid, but a good way to end the show would be one of them dying, It would be dramatic, but I think it would make the show. That or whoever’s A get reveal themselves get put in the hospital then jail lol.

36. tracy says:

red coats cece & ali, black widow Melissa a/ Charles wren

• brandydanforth81 says:

CeCe was helping Ali help the Liars she’s not “evil ” Red Coat,she and Ali were good Red Coat and thers still “evil” Red Cist to be recealed

37. James says:

What if Bethany hit Ali with the rock and Charles went after Bethany and left her for ‘dead’ in Ali’s garden. Then Melissa finds Bethany and buries her alive?

Remember Red Coat visited Mona while she was in Radley. I reckon this was Lesley perhaps?

The Widow is a tricky one, I perhaps thought Melissa as Ian died/disappeared due to A. Could be Mrs. D but a third fake death would be absolutely stupid.

I do not believe Aria being A one bit.

38. Niazie says:

I think everyone is forgetting that A got a birthday gift from someone at the end of last episode. That means Charles is not the head A but a puppte to someone eles. But who is that person. I think its lucus. He hates the girls and he a nerd. He real smart and he could have easily brainwash Charles to do his dirty work.

39. Justin says:

Red Coat is CECE and Black Widow is Bethany Young.

40. Samantha says:

I dont believe you because i now who a is and its……mike Arias brother

41. shelton23236 says:

I thought they finished off red coat in season 4? One was Ali and one was cece. Why bring red coat back now? And wheres she been for 2 seasons. I bet it is either bethany or sara. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was sara. Be a cool twist if it was Maya. Any ideas?

• brandydanforth81 says:

CeCe & Ali were “good ” Red Coat protecting the Liarsbutthere is an “evil” RC to be revealed hunting the Liars.Cece went on the run with Sli belong her escape after being accused if Wildens murder.She did come back in the Christmas episide

42. Angela Bernard says:

Does anyone else think Bethany and Charles are the same person? Charles wanted to be a girl but his dad couldn’t accept that. Then he tried to harm his sister, Ali, because he was jealous. Then he was admitted to Radley where his mother allowed him to be himself and one of those two yellow dresses was for him.

• Sylvia says:

I think Benthany and Charles are the same person..I remember a few seasons back Allison found 2 small dresses in the piano bench. When he was in radley Benthany was his split personality..he has always wanted to be a girl and that’s why he hates all the liars so much

43. emilysabia says:

I’ve been saying this for years but I believe it now, after the 6×8 episode, more than ever… Melissa is Red Coat!

Think about it. If Red Coat and A are buddies, they would have to be around the same age. Jason is Melissa and Spencer’s half-brother, and so is his twin, Charles. Melissa spent a lot of time in England and it sounded like “Rhys” has an accent and may be from there. I also always thought she was the Black Swan, which would make sense if she’s also Red Coat.

I can’t wait for the next 2 episodes! Although, I can at the same time because that will mean that the half season is over and the best story arc yet.

44. emily joherty says:

reese is a

45. Maya says:

OMG I QM DYING TO SEE IT

46. Jo says:

Wren is Charles x black vail is Melissa x she is helping Charles because she feels bad for killing Bethany

47. A says:

Charles is Ian, my super hero

48. teresa says:

Who is the Nat club? What happened to Jenna and shanna and we all rember when hannas mom stole the money from the safe box and who’s responsible for all the killings in rosewood there’s been a ton of killings w no answers

49. Celina says:

I think that Melissa is red coat and when she tried to “kill Allison” and actually “killed” Bethany , that Bethany didn’t die and she took her to the dollhouse . And now Bethany has become Sara . Sara is somehow involved considering she wasn’t showed in the entire episode .