Devious Maids Killer

Devious Maids: Who Killed Blanca and Louie? Susan Lucci Teases Big Reveal

With only five episodes left in its third season, Devious Maids is getting ready to reveal its latest killer — or killers, as the case may be. But first, Genevieve’s got a secret of her own that’ll rock her maid’s world.

“It sure could,” Susan Lucci tells TVLine when asked if the big secret, being revealed Monday (Lifetime, 9/8c), could permanently alter her relationship with Zoila.

But don’t worry too much about the fate of Genevieve and Zoila’s unorthodox friendship; Lucci says their “push-pull, co-dependent, Lucy-and-Ethel” chemistry will remain very much in tact, even after all is revealed.

Below, Lucci talks more about Genevieve’s future with Zoila, as well as the show’s multiple mysteries.

TVLINE | Genevieve and Zoila have my favorite friendship on the show. What makes it work so well?
Honestly, I can’t reduce it to any one thing. It’s the writing, it’s the chemistry between Judy [Reyes] and me … I couldn’t ask for a better acting partner. She’s so wonderful to work with, and we just have a ball with the relationship; you often wonder who’s the boss and who’s the employee.

TVLINE | And I’m sure things will only become more complicated once Zoila has her baby.
That will certainly be a challenge, especially if Genevieve keeps bringing men home and keeping everybody up at night.

Devious Maids Season 3TVLINE | Speaking of Genevieve’s men, I’m not so sure I trust Dr. Neff just yet.
Oh? And why is that?

TVLINE | Well, we know Genevieve doesn’t have the best luck in love. Didn’t Philippe turn out to be a killer?
[Laughs] That’s right! She doesn’t make the best choices with men.

TVLINE | Should I still give Dr. Neff a chance?
Well, he’s very handsome and very accomplished, so I think we have to give him a chance. I think he’s the best man to come into her life in quite a while, and she’s definitely looking for husband No. 57. [Laughs]

TVLINE | Moving onto the Louie Becker murder, is Genevieve in the clear?
They haven’t found the killer yet, so she’s definitely still a suspect. She’ll keep pointing her finger at Evelyn, who will continue pointing her finger at Genevieve. … To be honest, the writing on this show kept me guessing right up until the finale.

TVLINE | Did you all talk about it on set and come up with theories?
Oh, yes. In the hair and makeup trailer, everybody talks, and no one was able to figure it out except for one person, and it wasn’t until the very end.

TVLINE | Did you guess correctly? What was your reaction?
I was not on that wavelength. I was surprised, but you’ll definitely be able to go back and notice where all the clues were given. It’s very interesting.

Devious fans, who do you think killed Blanca and Louie? Could it have been different people? Drop a comment with your latest theories below.

1. Concerned says:

Aw not one all my children question in there

2. BTM says:

I’m going with Jesse. I suspected Ernesto until he was surprised to see Katy/Violetta.

• GeoDiva says:

I think Jesse is an undercover DEA and will end up arresting Ernesto for his cartel ways. Still haven’t figured out Taylor’s role in all of this. I get that she and Michale are hiding Katie from the cartel, but don’t get the connection.

• Kandena says:

Taylor said Katie saw them kill her dad in front of her so she is a witness and the cartel looking for her . unless you mean what’s the connection for the stappords in taking Katie ?

3. LADY_in_MD says:

I think it was Sebastian he is shady! I think Rosie will figure it all out and I hope
    Spence comes back I liked him better with Rosie than Ernesto
    Last weeks twist with Ernesto knowing the girl was something I did not see coming
    This season started off slow but the past few episodes have been great
    I hope it’s not Jesse I would like marisol to finally meet a guy who isn’t a murderer

4. TrailMix says:

Susan Lucci is great on this show! Hopefully there’s a season 4!

5. robandco says:

If Jesse is the killer or an undercover cop poor Marisol won’t catch a break in her love life :(
    They started mentioning the father of her child in the last episode. They could bring him back for a couple of episode next season so we can meet him. Maybe her son as well.
    I hope Ernesto dies for good by the end of the season. Rosie was better off with Spence.
    I am guessing Taylor and Michael somehow kidnapped/illegally bought the child in Mexico. Or they killed the mom by accident and took her in.

6. I was under the impression that the person who kidnapped Blanca was INVESTIGATING the Louie murder, but now I see that he could have been collecting memorabilia about his own crime. I want to say the killer of Louie was Katie, but that’s probably me just accepting the too-obvious. I could see Jesse.

7. Lauren says:

Taylor cheating with Spence?

8. deedee says:

from i met katie i knew her story wud intertwine with ernesto’s-only plausible reason for introducing both characters on the show…these male characters were too good to be true…….so ernesto is with the cartel, spence is cheating with taylor, jesse is either the killer or undercover, sumn is up with dr neff and that lil boy dont they have good male characters anymore

9. Niallerz1992 says:

This seasons mystery is crazy. Its brilliant and full of twists and turns that are not cheesy and are totally shocking.
    I absolutely have no idea where its going and who did it. So many pieces of the puzzle are moving and I have more questions than answers and more questions still popping up. I thought I knew where it was going then BAM plot twist!!!

Spoiler alert: Sort of: I think that the murder of Louie somehow links back to Blancas murder, the secret behind Katie’s adoption and Ernesto’s background, and Jesse is linked in somehow.

Devious Maids is brilliant and just a joy to watch. I really hope it gets a fourth season It deserves it.

10. Ngozi says:

Spence killed Blanca and Louie. The guy who killed Blanca wasn’t dark skinned like Jesse

11. Gwynlian says:

It’s Jesse, think about it and all the clues
    Last episode the swat team comes
    Jesse had military training
    My other thought is dr.neff because he’s surgeon but not enough therr

12. Sam says:

I think its Jesse who killed both blanca and louis, he had a relatioship with Louis the tennis pro and maybe was obsessed with him when they were working together. He was OK when Loui was sleeping around with women but I think he had it enough when he saw him with Michael stappord so he killed him, I think he put a shrine and he probably even had affair with Taylor? And killed blanca? Or Louis got jealous of Jesse because Taylor wouldn’t have an affair with him but had an affair with Jesse and maybe Jesse was in love with Taylor when they were having affair and to hide his crime he put the blame on blanca because she was getting Taylor stressed?

• Melvin says:

Don’t be silly. Jesse is not the killer and most certainly not gay. I’m almost certain the killer is Christopher Neff OR Gail Fleming. But Genevieve already had a murderous husband in season 1 (Philippe) and with the shrine made for Louie.. Im going with Gail.