Key Peele Cancelled Season 6

Key & Peele to End After This Season

K&P, where you at, where you at? Not on Comedy Central, at least not after the current season’s finale.

Comedian Keegan-Michael Key, co-creator and co-star of the sketch comedy series Key & Peele, says Season 5 of his sketch comedy series will be its last, TVLine has confirmed.

Key tells the TheWrap.com, which first reported the news, that he and series co-creator/co-star Jordan Peele made the decision to end the Emmy-nominated laughfest now.

RELATED President Obama Calls Jon Stewart a ‘Gift to the Country’ on The Daily Show

“This is our final season — and it’s not because of Comedy Central, it’s us,” he says. “It was just time for us to explore other things, together and apart. I compare it to Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor. We might make a movie and then do our own thing for three years and then come back and do another movie.”

All of the Season 5 episodes have been shot, he added, and the series will come to a close in September.

1. HAP says:

I’ll really miss their show. However, they both have been very busy working in other TV shows and Movies, especially KMK.

2. big cheddar says:

Sad, but expected. The show served its purpose, which was to give them both more exposure. Now they can capitalize on it. They’re even making a movie about one of the characters.

3. Wendy Testaburger says:

Bad news for those of us that can’t find much humor in broadcast sitcom wasteland: I really love this show and find it quite unique.
    At least I still have Amy Schumer and the Broad City gals to look forward to on CC, but this little gem (and of course, South Park) are the best comedies out there.

4. Jules says:

Is this because Keegan-Michael got nominated for an Emmy and Jordan didn’t? (Just making some completely unfounded, ungrounded speculation like all the stuff that surrounds other people who decide to leave or stop or whatever. Plus, you know, I thought it was weird when one got nominated but not the other because they are both so good. And equally good.)

5. Lizo says:

Oh nooo

6. webly3 says:

Wow, I just gasped at this news and I rarely ever gasp at news. I’m really shocked that they are ending it after the fifth season. I’ll be excited to follow them to their future shows/movies.

7. Joey Padron says:

sad the show will end. understand why they want to end the show now. they both will have great careers. can’t wait to see what they’ll do next!

8. Belle says:

Technically the show wasn’t “cancelled”…it’s just coming to an end. This will always be a go-to show when I need a laugh :) Thanks for all you do guys, the show is awesome!!

9. Glenn quagmire says:

Now another show that people and I enjoy has to come to a close, sad to see it all end with 5

10. Michael says:

Wow that’s to bad. I love that show.

11. T says:

Season 5 has been spectacular thus far. Westill have Amy Schummer, VEEP and Tosh.o. I am looking forward to K&P’snext adventure.

12. Adrian says:

Like a lot of people, I am really surprised/saddened by this news. I thought they were just starting to become a household name/hit their stride with the show itself, and with John Stewart leaving, I thought were poised to become the new “faces” of Comedy Central. Obviously I wish them well in their respective endeavors, but, again, as a legitimate fan, will be disappointed to see the show being finished.

13. Tyrie says:

Key and Peele sucks! in the beginning they had some mediocre funny stuff, but they’re not comedians! they try to be funny but they don’t have a real good sense of humor they suck so bad. I think comedy central doesn’t care if people like what they put on TV. Maybe because unlike Dave Chapelle they dress like women all the time but they aren’t half as funny as Chapelle show, and the Chapelle show isn’t even Dave Chapelle’s funniest stuff, because his standup comedy was genius but still the Chapelle Show was twice as good as this crappy key&peele garbage they are not comedians they’re a couple of guy’s who are in showbusiness because there’s not enough quality comedy to fill up the time slots, and they’re willing to dress in “drag” all the time I think who ever was keeping them on the air this long is either Gay, or someone who likes to see someone humiliate themselves just to be in showbusiness! THEY ARE NOT COMEDIANS! THEY SUCK AT TRYING TO IMPERSONATE BEING COMEDIANS!

• Eric says:

Well, you suck at punctuation. So, na-nuh na-nuh boo-boo, stick your head in doo-doo.

• ClearlyDemented says:

They’re not stand-up comedians, but awesome improv-ers, writers and actors. These sketches are some of the funniest things I’ve ever seen. Portlandia, Key & Peele and Schumer have put shows like SNL to shame. Sketch that’s funny and a story, not just a funny situation or the same joke a million times. Comedy is subjective so its understandable some don’t find them funny. But saying they can’t be funny without being stand-ups is ridiculous.

14. Rusko says:

OH GOD THANK YOU! Praise lord Jesus in heaven!
    Finally!!!! Im so happy :):):):)

15. Rusko says:

You guys have a horrible taste in tv – schumer really!?!?? Sex jokes arnt funny after the 100’th time – tosh.0 really??? Saying one lame half joke after another – and you liked key and peele?!?!?! Wow no wonder cc gets away with such horrible shows…..

• Holla@yagirl says:

Love Key and Peele -sorry to see the show go–You are right about tosh.O–Can’t believe he has a show it is awful!

16. hunter says:

South park premiere on the 16th. At least I have one golden ticket of a show to watch.

17. suzi says:

iusually don’t find many funny tv shows, but kee and peele is the funniest tv show ever!!!!!!!.I will really miss their entertainment. so happy I watched all of the episodes. I will miss the laughteronce and a lifetime comedy, so creative, such great charactures. peele isso funny as a woman.key is so great too, so sad.

18. Sal says:

I said *looks around* bitch!

19. Roni stumpff says:

No. !!!! We have little to laugh about. Please don’t go away.

20. James Aaron Latham says:

Some BULL! This show was off the chain-wax! Lmao! How yall gonna go do some s#!t like this! Yall will never be as popular or more viewed then you were on key and peele, but I still thank key and peele for giving us the funniest show ever.

21. Aaron says:

This show was hands down one of the best! Definitely sucks knowing I don’t have any new episodes to look forward to when all other humor on TV is pretty much horrible… Lobe this show! Hope to see it again some day.

22. Elaine says:

Please Come Back. Im Having Withdrawal’s Already.

23. Kay Cubit says:

I’m really disappointed that the show has been canceled. I just discovered them this final season and amazed at their phenomenal talent. Loved their movie “Keanu” hope to see them in many more projects