The 100 Season 3

The 100 Season 3: Black Sails Captain to Recur as Rogue Grounder

Black Sails star is setting a course for The CW in 2016.

Zach McGowan will recur in The 100‘s third season, playing a rogue Grounder named Roan, according to The Wrap. Like most characters on the survival-centric series, Roan “will stop at nothing to get what he wants,” though his desires remain shrouded in mystery for now.

Of course, McGowan isn’t the only familiar face you’ll be seeing on The 100 this fall; Michael Beach, best known for playing T.O. Cross on Sons of Anarchy, will recur as Pike, EW.com reports. Pike is said to be a charismatic Arker — yes, there are apparently still survivors we haven’t met — who boasts a “staunch moral code.”

As we learned from the show’s panel at San Diego Comic-Con earlier this month, Season 3 — which returns midseason — will begin with a several-month time jump, followed by an intense confrontation between one-time lovers Clarke and Lexa.

Your thoughts on these new characters? Hopes and fears for Season 3? Drop ’em all in a comment below.

1. wrstlgirl says:

He looks really familiar. I wonder what else I’ve seen him in, hmmmmm :-)

2. Steven says:

Michael Beach will always be Doc from Third Watch to me.

3. webly3 says:

I hated him on Shameless, so I can’t say I’m excited about this.

4. Annie says:

Praying to the writer gods that he’s not a random love interest for Clarke

5. Amy says:

OMG!!!!!!!This makes me to happy! I love Vane and ZM!

6. Jane says:

He is friggin HOT! A real man, none of these blow on them they fall over actors.

7. BCsDave says:

Im quite excited about this. I was first introduced to him on Shameless. Then he appeared on Black Sails and became awesome in season 2. I hope his character on The 100 is recurring (although itll never be starring bc of Black Sails S3 upcoming)

8. Kat says:

Here’s hoping he uses his normal voice and not his batman voice. Liked him just fine on Shameless but he’s painful to listen to on Black Sails – it sounds like he speaks his lines while gargling glass.

9. Megan says:

“One-time lovers Clarke and Lexa” THEY KISSED ONCE, hardly a lover!!!

10. I also agree with Annie, I hope he does not become a random lover for Clarke. As for me, I am still hoping for a reconciliation with Lexa. Zach is going to be a rogue Grounder named Roan. I believe he will be helping Clarke during her time alone in the woods

11. sam says:

“One-time lovers”.. ugh.. do have a word – ONE KISS don’t equal lovers!!! So disappointed the 100 has been turned into yet another romance-angst show.. BORE OFF