Suits

Do Strain Kills Rival Walking Dead's? Is Suits Looking Extra Sharp? Most Disturbing Hannibal? And More TV Qs

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Falling Skies, UnREAL, Zoo and Suits! Falling Skies

1 | Does Falling Skies’ Pope kinda have a point, that through three years’ worth of battles, the Mason family has barely gotten a scratch on ‘em? Also, yea or nay to Pope’s clean bean? And hey, Falling Skies/Wayward Pines fans, recognize the police station?

2 | Are The Strain‘s kills becoming as gruesomely creative as The Walking Dead’s? And where does the line form for swimming lessons from Dutch?

3 | Did anyone see that True Detective twist coming, about the guy Ray killed years ago? (Because we sure didn’t.)

4 | Are you considering abstaining from Masters of Sex until Virginia’s insufferable daughter gets shipped off to boarding school?

5 | Given that Big Brother BIG BROTHERcontestants pretty much have nothing but time on their hands, didn’t you expect tighter choreography from the Whackstreet Boys?

6 | What sort of “6.8” rating is UnREAL‘s “Everlasting” pulling? (Considering The Bachelor barely hits a 2.0 in the demo anymore.) Maybe Quinn was stating an audience share…? Also: Lizzy is totally gonna stalk Rachel in Season 2 (if not sooner), right? And was Rachel manipulating Adam for her gain, or not, in that steamy final scene? (Don’t you love that you can’t tell the difference on this show?)

7 | On The Bachelorette: The Men Tell All, wasn’t it a bit anticlimactic for Chris Harrison to announce the Bachelor in Paradise contestants after the trailer had already aired?THE FOSTERS

8 | Doesn’t it feel like The Fosters‘ Jude has been “out of the house” a lot as of late?

9 | Just how long ago was this week’s Hollywood Game Night taped if Michael Chiklis is promoting American Horror Story: Freak Show and Jane Lynch is congratulating Cheryl Hines on her “recent” wedding (which happened last August)?

10 | Did Zoo’s latest episode give you Bruce Wayne levels of chiroptophobia?

11 | Was Scream‘s pig carcass the grossest thing you saw all week? And how are we feeling about Noah’s scary-movie soliloquies: annoying or funny?

12 | Even though So You Think You Can Dance‘s Twitch/Alex hip-hop routine is always entertaining, was it missing something during Tuesday’s encore?Sharknado4_Baby

13 | Would Syfy be wiser, as some TVLine readers have suggested, to premiere new Sharknado movies over the weekend, when people might be more inclined to have drinking game-infused viewing parties? Also, was it a little cruel to subject Tara Reid to a “Should April die?” national referendum?

14 | Has Mr. Robot been using Tangerine Dream’s “Risky Business sex scene” music all along and we only now noticed? Regardless, our 1980s selves approve!

15 | Suits fans: Between Harvey finally tackling his issues in therapy, the Jessica/Rachel episode and the comedic fun of Donna/Louis, is this the show’s best season since its sophomore run?

16 | Would you watch a second season of The Astronaut Wives Club, especially if it focused on Rene and Scott (played by Yvonne Strahovski and Wilson Bethel)?

17 | Place your bets: Who killed Mistresses‘ Luca? (Our money is on his supermodel side-chick, Eva.) And this follow-up question from TVLine reader GS, “Did anyone else think that Luca was going to attack Joss, not get attacked?”

Complications18 | Are there not enough Complications in Gretchen’s life that she can duck out to the hair salon mid-crisis?

19 | Why would Wayward Pines’ “first class” brats want out of the jail cell, when it was probably one of the few places (presumably) safe from abbies? And should Fox reconsider the show’s one-and-done plan, even if it means a Ben-centric Season 2? (Vote in our poll.)

20 | Hannibal‘s Margot discovering that her brother Mason had grown one of her embryos inside a sedated pig: Was this the most disturbing imagery/plot development in the NBC horror-fest’s three-season history?

Graceland21 | Mike’s neckbeard on Graceland: yea or nay? And did anyone else clap when the Solano storyline (finally!!!) ended?

22 | Given the surprisingly sleeeeeepy vibe of The Boris & Nicole Show, who’s kind of excited for the August premiere of Ice & Coco?

23 | Isn’t McDonald’s “luh-luh-lemonade” ad pretty much a remix of Amy Schumer’s “Milk, Milk, Lemonade”? And given the latter jam’s use of lemonade as a metaphor for urine, doesn’t that make the spot kind of alarming?

1. Bwhit says:

16) Yes! Plus add Trudy and Gordo to that and I would be in for sure. Those two couples are the reason I continue to watch.
    21) I personally love Mike’s rougher look this season. The dream quest thing is a little out there but I overlook that because I am loving Aaron Tveit’s performance as Mike this season. Yes I’m glad the Solano/Sid Arc is over although it would have been better if Mike was the one to either arrest Sid or do him in. Ari is by far the best villain they have had on this show, he is great.

• Jeri says:

Agree, love this show and would love a sequel. With all the bad shows on and cancellations of good shows, a great concept (actors & show) should not be wasted!

2. skrable2 says:

You guys think Amy Schumer originated “Milk, Milk, Lemonade”? … Really?

• Daisy says:

Hilarious! I’m a child of the 70s and I sang that as a child (didn’t totally understand what I was singing until later :)). I do have to agree with number 23 though because when i heard that commercial I thought the EXACT same thing and was promptly grossed out.

• Tom says:

Nobody thinks that at all. But the commercial DOES sound A LOT like the version from the skit

• LOL says:

No, they think the songs sound similar. Listen to them.

• Jeri says:

I’m older but I have friends that had never heard the “milk-milk” song. They acted like I made it up & delighted them. I did not take the credit, for the fudge either.

3. johnhelvete says:

18) The opening scene in Complications, which is the scene with the different hairdo was two years earlier per the title card at the start of the episode.

4. J says:

16. I would totally watch a season two of AW but they sped through the story way to fast and cast throw away actors as the incoming wives of the next mission. This show had so much potential to be better than the book but since it was a miniseries, they were so concerned with writing towards an ending they didn’t give it time to be great.

5. Kim R says:

15. Suits – This season has been fantastic. We weren’t that crazy about last season, although still big fans, so this current run has been like a breath of fresh air, reminding us of why we loved the show in the first place.
    16. Astronaut Wives Club – I would definitely watch another season but I would still want to follow all the wives.

6. wrstlgirl says:

15) Absolutely yes. Is it just me or does Harvey’s suit run a tiny bit small??
    16) Yes, I like the show. I’ve learned a few things here and there about how the space program used to work, eh.
    18) I’m enjoying Complications but Gretchen is my least fav character. She’s a to over the top for my taste.
    21) Mike needs to shave. I don’t so much mind the beard but neck hair is gross, lol.

7. Margaret says:

12. Yes, it was still just as awesome but it did feel like it was missing some oomph.
    16. Totally agree with @Bwhit, Trudy & Gordo + Rene & Scott would be great, I’d actually add John & Annie to that list, I really enjoy how the two actors play off each other & their partnership.

8. Daisy says:

16| Yes. Please a thousand times yes. They are, hands down, the best and most interesting part of this show.

9. Steven says:

6. I was thinking the same thing about those ratings!
    8. I was wondering the same thing. Every few episodes Jude just disappears.
    13. Hey, that was my suggestion! Awesome!

10. #8–I have a sneaky suspicion that Jude is hanging out at a gay teen juice bar near the beach.

11. Lauren says:

That McDonald’s ad has been driving me crazy. I don’t care who originated it, its connotation is too weird now.

12. tallsy says:

6. I can’t tell. Maybe both to manipulate Adam and jealousy about his kiss/apology to Anna.
    7. They’ve already been running ads. Cat was out of the bag.
    21. Nay and nay to the addiction/other side storyline too.

13. matraupach says:

8) I also hate that he is just “away” but at least sometimes they give an explanation, but it is really confusing when there is none….

The best excuse so far why Jude is not in the episode was that he is sleeping… the whole episode… seriously give the kid a full contract for the season and put him in every episode!

14. Amy says:

#3: I keep waiting for one of the random red-haired characters to be discovered to be the kid’s dad. Like say, Vince Vaughn’s brother in law….

15. m3rcnate says:

1) Lol the minute Pope said that I thought “You finally figured out that the Mason family have strong Plot-Armor because they are the stars of this show Pope, good for you.” It was so Meta lol, because it is so obvious why nothing has happened.

2) I’d say so far TWD has a leg up on The Strain’s kills still, but that could change.

3) Not really, but TBH i’m not all THAT invested in the show (so far its not really that good) so I wasn’t like “OMG! THAT TWIST THO!”.

9) Not a shocker they taped them so long ago at all. Man these shows are really hit and miss. I’ve noticed a ton of @Midnight shows (the people they bring on) don’t even have me smile once the whole episode let alone laugh. Same can be said of Game Night and Geeks who Drink (which hasn’t been fun once). They should either do an episode with a great cast of guests/stars or none at all.

15) I would have to say yes. There are still a lot of things i dont forgive from past episodes/seasons…but they finally (was it really THAT hard?) figured out what the fans love about the show and figured out how to replicate it in this new season. It is a mixture of drama, tension, humor, sexy, “aww’s” and “hell ya! badass!!”. Last season was “ew”, “boring”, and “depressing” with the Rachel cheating in past and present, Harvey and Mike fighting, Mike sucking at his job, no one winning any cases, and Louis being the villain.
    Now we have Harvey being a badass, being sweet to his friends, but also vulnerable and weak with his anxiety/issues and that makes him sympathetic. Mike finally used his “gift” to be a badass (photographic memory on that one case), he is stable, sometimes funny and the good guy, him and Rachel are totally good and in love, no drama. Rachel is doing work (getting scenes) as Rachel the paralegal and Jr. Lawyer not just as Mike’s GF. Louis is back to being funny, sometimes the bad guy but in a “damnit Louis!” way. Donna and Harvey have a great storyline going, its dramatic and complicated and just took a turn for the “aww”.
    So yeah, they are doing things right. FINALLY. Jesus i literally said this show needs balance during the start of last season, should I (some random guy) be able to know what a show should do instead of the shows paid writers who’s career it is to write TV shows? :/

21) Suits is fixed, Graceland….still isn’t. The clusterF that was last season is still reverberating through this season, but its getting better, because as you said the stupid storylines are being tied up (Solano family to be exact). The sister who he loved was “meh” in the chemistry department, and the brother was a poorly written psycho. Needed to end ASAP. The only thing I’m not sure I am liking about this season that is new is the Mike “i got a vision in death” stuff. Its awfully mystical for a cop show…
    As for the beard and hear, I am hoping and praying when he finally gets clean due to the house helping him and him realizing he needs to get on the right path and get clean, that he has a cool moment when he shaves his face on camera and then shaves his head or something. Always thought those scenes are cool cause they are real (shot fake shaving then a bald cap or something).

• Bwhit says:

I’m think if Mike detoxes the dream stuff may go away, I think it’s part of his addiction. This case he picked up will probably become less of the ‘dream quest’ and more about what he finds I hope.

• m3rcnate says:

Eh, they are really playing it up, didn’t you notice the red bird tattoo and how they are showing his “vision” to be a reality? :/ Also remember his “vision” came after he woke up in the hospital, not while on drugs. Its just since that he has been taking pain killers and working on the case that he has become medically addicted.

• Bwhit says:

I think the fixation on this is from the addiction. It seems that he believes he needs the drugs to continue working on proving he is right, hence the sequence of him working on it and popping oxy. I guess I should have clarified that I hope they put less emphasis on his ‘dream quest’ and more on the case. He was technically ‘dead’ and that’s where this all started but he was on drugs in the hospital which probably made him fixate a little more on it. The tattoo did show he may not be wrong but what was with him looking at that guy’s wife?!? I was more intrigued with that.

• m3rcnate says:

Yeah but those drugs are limited by the hospital, you can’t just click the button a thousand times and go into crazy-town and start fixating on stuff. Even when he went to the FBI doctor for the checkup to get approved for field work he still technically should be on the meds, he is in pain. It is only recently that he doesn’t seem to be in pain really anymore and is popping them like pez.
            Him looking at the guys wife was seeing she had no leg, she is an amputee and had a metal prosthetic. Also he was looking at the tats i believe but they didn’t zoom in so i dont think any were of importance.

• Ccary says:

Thank you. Answer to #15. couldn’t have said it better.

16. Danielle says:

16. Without a doubt. Loving the show, and want more. Definitely feeling rushed this episode, though. Is there hope for a season 2?

17. Win says:

#24 Bold and the Beautiful = Holy “Legacy Character,” Batman! :(

18. sillyemmy says:

12 – YES. I was so excited to see that routine and after I could only think… welp, I guess I’ll just watch the original on youtube again.

19. Ro says:

15. Suits is great this season, though Louis seems a bit whinier than usual.

20. 23) I said the exact same thing to my husband when I saw that ad during Wayward pines last night.

21. Allison says:

12) I think what made that routine so fantastic was Alex took almost everyone by surprise the first time it was performed. I’m sure everyone has watched it 1,000 times on YouTube now, so to be excited about seeing it or think that it doesn’t live up to the original makes sense.

22. Tom says:

~
    In universe, is it really their fault that they’re that good at what they do? That’s a BAD thing? Nay to the baldness, Pope’s best with his hair.
    ~
    ~
    I’m guessing sometime between October and January
    ~
    ~
    Anything that gives us more Yvonne Strahovski is ok in my book
    ~
    ~
    My thoughts went to the same place. I was like “Is this an Amy Schumer commercial?” I’m guessing they hadn’t seen it, or are maybe capitalizing on Amy’s itness

23. RUCookie says:

15 & 16 (Suits and Astronauts Wives) YES and YES… incredible season for Suits and fun first run for WIves (love it)

24. Chris says:

6. I don’t think that Rachel was manipulating Adam when he was having sex with him, because she already made the deal with Adam to produce the spinoff show with him BEFORE she had sex with Adam!

25. LOL says:

23. The song in the McDonalds ad is called Lemonade and it’s by SOPHIE. It came out over a year ago and was the basis for Amy Schumer’s song parody. So it’s more like her song is a remixed version of the McDonalds ad.

26. Tiera says:

23. YES! That is the first thing i think about when i see that commercial! Lol

27. rowan77 says:

4. Kinda.

5. No, I expect nothing from contestants on Big Brother other than racism, sexism and stupidity.

6. I can see Everlasting pulling a 6.8 with the death episode. People love a train wreck , but after that I would think the ratings would go back down to normal, more realistic levels. Bonus question A: Totally. If not that’s a wasted opportunity. Bonus question B: She was totally manipulating him for her gain – not that there’s anything wrong with that.

9. I think you answered your own question there.

14. While that’s not actually Tangerine Dream’s music, it was clearly inspired by it – and it does give a great slightly 80’s, dirty vibe.

16. Definitely.

21. Always say nay to neckbeard. Always.

28. BCsDave says:

I usually only agree with a couple of the TVLine Team’s More TV Qs, but I think they nailed 1-4. (altho id personally switch 3&4, and a nay on 1).

29. seawing says:

The Mason family hasn’t been without a “scratch” Ben was captured, went through a horrible ordeal and has spikes in his neck. Tom’s daughter gave up her life and Hal had that whole “evil” implant going on.

30. 15. Great season this year. Love the dynamic, and I’m warming up to Gretchen, especially after she manhandled Tanner. You go, Gretchen! Love the Donna/Louis dynamic as they figure out who is actually in charge.

16. Heck yes. LOVE Yvonne and Wilson together. They are fantastic. It’s a shame that history isn’t on their side.

21. FINALLY done with Solanos. Mike needs a shave.

31. NP says:

Yes please, more AWC!! Is there any hope though? Plus they’ve rushed through so much history they could have done more with that I don’t know how they’d do a second season (lots of flashbacks?)

• RichieS says:

If TPB chose to show what eventually happened to each couple there would definitely be enough melodrama (and tragedy) for a second season.

32. Nicole says:

Does anyone else think its weird that given Sam’s medical background on Under the Dome that in attempt to finish Christine’s reign he missed all her major organs? Leaving her with enough life to ask Junior for help. Crazy pod leader you go for the jugular and stick around to make sure she is a goner. Plus who else hates Ava?

33. Barbara says:

“Suits” is knocking it out of the park each and every episode this season. This show just keeps getting better and better!

34. PugMomma09 says:

16) yes, I want more Wilson Bethel on this season! I love Yvonne too!! I also like the Trudy character!

35. flutiefan says:

#23 is what I’ve been saying ALL ALONG! glad someone agrees!

36. bj says:

5.) Given that Big Brother BIG BROTHER contestants pretty much have nothing but time on their hands, didn’t you expect tighter choreography from the Whackstreet Boys?

lol Yes, and I expected singing too.

10.) 10 | Did Zoo’s latest episode give you Bruce Wayne levels of chiroptophobia?

I think I already have that, but I did have flashbacks to my first viewing of The Birds.

19) Why would Wayward Pines’ “first class” brats want out of the jail cell, when it was probably one of the few places (presumably) safe from abbies?

I asked myself that till I saw their “ark.” It was obviously the safest alternative considering how the abbies were breaking through all the other buildings. They could have gone through the roofs of the cells.

21) Mike’s neckbeard on Graceland: yea or nay? And did anyone else clap when the Solano storyline (finally!!!) ended? Yea for the beard.

And yes, I cheered. I was getting really tired of a few of these story lines. ( I was also happy that the girl left him. )

37. Britt says:

Hannibal: yeah, it was waaay beyond disturbing.
    But to me, it was even worse when the eel slid down Mason’s throat.
    So sushi joins mushrooms and honey on the list of things I’m never eating again.
    Oh, and pork. Big time.

38. Mommaknowsbest60 says:

Question 24. Am I the only one who thought that “Royal Pains” just started a few weeks ago, and now I’m totally bummed out that I have to wait until NEXT SUMMER for the whole thing to start up again?? C’mon, USA – give us more episodes to last a full summer, PLEASE!! I care NOTHING about “Playing House”!

• Jennifer says:

I am with you on this! I LOVE Royal Pains and am bummed that it’s over already. Please USA give it more episodes next season – or maybe a small run over the winter months to tide us over??

39. Mitchell says:

19. Huh? They weren’t safe at all in the jail cell, the Abbies could easily have gotten in there, and they obviously wanted to get out so they could make it to their ark, where they were much safer and could survive long enough to revolt and take over the town, as seen in the time jump with the final scene. That question makes it seem like you only watched half of the episode.

40. mc says:

10 – Zoo | Too many bats! And I had to re-watch just for the exploding coconut milk.
    11 – Scream | Yup I think for an MTV show it’s graphic. And the ‘shade’ they threw at Pretty Little Liars was funny.
    15 – Suits | Best season, thus far. I couldn’t agree more.
    16 – The Astronaut Wives Club | I had to look it up, and learned that Rene and Scott Carpenter got divorced. Still, I would watch anything with Yvonne Strahovski in it.

41. Dan says:

My question is about editing convenience on The Strain… the scene where young Setrakian is blocked off by cars while chasing “Rolf Seiner”, its clear that Rolf has reached the entrance doors while Setrakian is still in the middle of the street being blocked off by the white car… However, in the next shot, Rolf is still running from across the street towards the doors and only reaches half the distance before Setrakian is across the road…

42. 21. HAAAARD Nay. Sure, he’s an addict, but he’s a Fed who’s supposedly an expert at undercover. Overcompensate, bro. And totally cheered a bit when the Solano thing concluded. Romance fizzled faster than expected, but YAY!!!