Melrose Place Lifetime Movie

The Unauthorized Melrose Place Story: Judge Lifetime's First Cast Photo

If you squint your eyes, tilt your head and down two bottles of wine, the cast of Lifetime’s Unauthorized Melrose Place Story (Oct. 10, 8/7c) could totally pass for the ensemble of Fox’s iconic primetime soap.

Lifetime has released the first official cast shot from its upcoming tell-all, which aims to reveal what went down behind the scenes of Aaron Spelling’s popular drama from 1992 to 1999. Curiously, several key Melrose players are missing from the group shot, including whichever lucky actresses been given the honor of playing Kelly Rutherford and Lisa Rinna.

For your convenience, we’ve gone ahead and blown up select portions of the cast photo to give you a better look at who we’re dealing with here. First up, from left to right: Chloe McClay as Josie Bissett (Jane), Ryan Bruce as Grant Show (Jake), Frank Bailey as Andrew Shue (Billy) and Ciara Hanna as Heather Locklear (Amanda).

None of these four look too much like the actors they’re portraying, though I have to tip my hat to McClay; she nailed that classic Jane Mancini smirk.

Melrose Place Lifetime Movie

Next, we have Joseph Coleman as Doug Savant (Matt), Brandon Barash as Thomas Calabro (Michael) and Ali Cobrin as Daphne Zuniga (Jo). In this trio, Coleman comes the closest to looking like the actor he’s portraying. Seriously, he could easily pass off as Savant’s son.

Melrose Place Lifetime Movie

Lastly, there’s Lanie McAuley as the oft-forgotten Amy Locane (Sandy), Chelsea Hobbs as Laura Leighton (Sydney), Rebecca Dalton as Courtney Thorne-Smith (Allison), Karissa Tyner as Vanessa A. Williams (Rhonda) and Teagan Vincze as Marcia Cross (Kimberly).

Melrose Place Lifetime Movie

Your thoughts on this motley crew? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. Dude says:

A) Why do all the actors look a good 10 years younger than the actors they’re playing were in the 90s? (The girl playing Heather Locklear looks 20)
    B) I wouldn’t have thought it but Chelsea Hobbs was good casting for Laura Leighton.
    C) Brandon Barash, I know you have a child to support but WHY?! You’re so much better than this!

• Dude says:

Upon further research, the actress playing Heather is 24. Definitely appropriate to be playing an actress who was in her 30s during Melrose Place’s run. I could see if she looked like her but she doesn’t.

• Nisha says:

Brandon definitely needs a new agent – or something. He should be at the very least starring on a primetime show. I mean, this is Johnny F’ing Zacchara and he’s playing alongside all these nobodies?

2. I think Frank Bailey as Andrew Shue is pretty good. Knew what cast member he was playing without even reading the description

3. Steven says:

Oh hell yes! I can’t wait for this!

4. Sarah T says:

The blonde who’s playing Sandy (bottom left) looks more like a Monica Potter doppelganger than anything else. I agree, these casts rarely look like the actual actors/actresses that were really on the show (Saved by the Bell being the worst). It’s almost like they make these casting calls so generic and then decided to cast whoever is available at the time they’re filming.

5. Steven says:

If they do the later seasons then I’d be curious to see who plays Alyssa Milano. Maybe they can keep the same actress for a Charmed Bio movie.

6. Dizzle says:

Does this mean we won’t be getting Peter, Taylor, Kyle, Megan, etc…? Or are they saving that cast photo for when we’ve fully gotten over the shock of this one!

7. Bradster says:

I am super excited to see this!! We need a Desperate Housewives one too!! And maybe some soap opera ones. These are my guilty pleasure.

8. souf says:

Out of all these unauthorised lifetime stories this has to be the one that has been casted the worst. Kinda dissapointed.

9. Gerald says:

I’m not really interested in this, but most of the cast are close enough without casting the originals, but Amanda and Micheal are the least closely matched to the original actors.

10. brooke says:

I don’t get why the Heather Locklear is so young! I mean wasn’t the best part of Amanda was that she was the sexy OLDER WOMAN but was like way hotter than everyone else?!

• Tim says:

you’re right–they should have cast an older actress.

• Allison P says:

If I’ve done the math right, Chelsea Hobbs is the same age Heather Locklear was when Melrose Place first came on the air. She just looks really young for her age!

• LOL says:

Chelsea Hobbs is playing Laura Leighton though. The actress playing Heather is 24 which is 6 years younger than she was when the show began.

11. Deion says:

I have judged, and found all but Joseph Coleman wanting. Not that women are interchangeable, but Grant Show, Thomas Calabro, and Andrew Shue should just be laughing.

12. Win says:

Some of them are resting on expressions(…as Thomas Calabro)/body language (…as Laura Leighton)/wardrobe (…as Heather Locklear/…as Andrew Shue)/and, well… c’monson (…as Vanessa A. Williams), but I’m not as horrified as I was at the Full House/Saved by the Bell ones… Head-shaking aside, I actually enjoyed the unveiling for guilty pleasure value. I do give Kudos for Matt. Having done a Netflix rewatch a couple of months ago (some things didn’t hold up well, some things I could put into perspective that I couldn’t at the age I was when it originally aired, and some things were such a pleasure to experience again), I was surprised that I couldn’t pick more out than I did without the TVline cheat sheet. I wish they’d sneak a little Models Inc. spinoff part in there…

13. Jake says:

One word…STUPID.

14. Pamela says:

Just…wow.

15. Kristina says:

Their Matt and Sydney are the best. Their Billy, Allison and Jane aren’t bad either (Jane because of the facial expression). The worst ones are their Jake, Jo, and Kimberly. I NEVER would have guessed those.

16. Álvaro says:

I don´t like the cast, but still i’m so excited about this

17. Melodee says:

Awesome issues here. I’m very glad to see your article. Thank you sso much
    and I aam taking a look ahead to contact you. Will you please drop me a mail?