Fall TV Preview
Arrow Jimmy Akingbola

Arrow Season 4: Baron Blitzkrieg Cast for Oliver's Next Flashback Arc

British actor Jimmy Akingbola has joined Arrow Season 4 in the season-long role of Baron Reiter, who is better known in DC Comics lore as Baron Blitzkrieg.

The Baron is the head of the Shadowspire criminal organization, which in the next salvo of Arrow flashbacks will attempt to recruit a post-Hong Kong Oliver.

Akingbola’s previous TV credits include BBC One’s Holby City, Holby Blue and Doctors, and an episode of History’s Sons of Liberty.

Already for Season 4 (premiering Oct. 7), Arrow has cast Neal McDonough (Agent Carter) as Damien Darhk, Echo Kellum (as tech whiz Mr. Terrific) and Alexander Calvert (as the villain Anarky).

Team Arrow Previews ‘Olicity’ Road Trip, Premiere’s Shocking Ending

1. taryn says:

Can we just STOP with the FLASHBACK ARCS

• Robotech_Master says:

Well, in two more years they’ll have run out of flashback time so they’ll have to do something else. Personally, I’m finding them intriguing, and will be interested to see just how Oliver ends up back on that same damned island again. :)

• See the first two years were fine but the Hong Kong stuff dragged, was full of foregone conclusions and only really served to give another reason why he was so ruthless that seemed needlessly complicated.

• Nona says:

You hit the nail right on the head. Im also intrigued to see how Olvier ends up back in the island again, like we all see in the show. I always ask myself that, how after he escaped from the island and then he was in Hong Kong, how he did he end up in the island again and alone this time in order to be rescued after those 5 yrs missing and finally went home. I mean something must had happened between Hong Kong and something else so Oliver end up in the island again so he finally was rescued

• Carrie says:

I am so sick of those flashbacks. It got to the point where I would zone out completely during the flashback scenes or just leave the room and not even bother to watch them at all. They’re boring and his wig was just awful. I’d hoped last season was the end of them.

• Ben says:

No – at least not for the next two seasons.

2. manupf says:

a bit too black to be a nazi ;)

3. Hopefully this is the last season for this. The Hong Kong arc was fairly awful and the excuse they used to shove Oliver back on the island was pretty bad, especially since they could have had Waller do it.

• msemmyjones says:

There should be two more seasons of it.since Oliver was missing for five years. I agree, the Hong Kong story was ROUGH but Seasons One and Two were excellent in terms of flash backs. I’m willing to think of Season Three as a fluke and stay optimistic Season Four comes back strong.

4. Murica! says:

Very weird casting!! Why cast a black actor to play a nazi? He must be very lonely.

5. Azerty says:

I just heard there was an anouncment at Comic Con for a Green Lanter Corps movie schedule for 2020 so I am wondering if the writers planned to introduce Hal Jordan or John Stewart and if yes does the movie change something? just like the conflict between the Deadshot from Arrow and the Deadshot from the Suicide Squad movie. I mean, sometimes Flash and Arrow are not very subtle on easter eggs and the second part of last season were full of references to a “a lost pilot of Coast City”. 2020 is very far from now and the title Green Lanter “Corps” suggests it doesn’t have to be focused on only one GL. I know a lot of people want to see Hal Jordan teach Oliver how to flight and I guess I am one of them. A cameo a least would seem appropriate!

6. Kate says:

Here’s the thing, this will be interesting and all (and I hope they learned their lesson about the flashbacks with Hong Kong, that could have been a little two parter episode that was unnecessarily stretched out) but when you go and present some things in Season 1, it’d be nice to see when Oliver learns them (i.e. that he can speak passable Mandarin and that he is a member of the Russian mob and can speak Russian, heck, I have doubts that pre island Oliver can speak Spanish, but he can now).

• suzyque says:

I hope they learned their lesson as well and cut the flashback screentime by at least half. I’m curious about how Oliver became a captain of the Russian Bratva mob, but last season proved that flashbacks don’t need to be part of every single episode.

7. There we go! Russian villain. We might not, but I hope we get to see Raisa again because of this. Though, we’re getting a mayor with connections to Moira, so maybe not…