The X-Files Cast Robbie Amell

The X-Files Revival Adds Robbie Amell and Lauren Ambrose as New Agents

The casting scoop is right here: The Flash‘s Robbie Amell and Six Feet Under‘s Lauren Ambrose are joining Fox’s upcoming X-Files revival, TVLine has confirmed.

Amell will play smart and smooth Agent Miller and Lauren Ambrose will portray the equally sharp and confident XAgent Einstein. The pair will appear in one of the six episodes.

Fox’s X-Files continuation debuts with a special two-night event beginning Sunday, Jan. 24 following the NFC Championship Game, and continuing with its time period premiere on Monday, Jan. 25 (8/7c). In addition to series creator Chris Carter and returning series leads Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny, cast members Mitch Pileggi and William B. Davis will be on hand for the event series, as will writer-producers Glen Morgan, James Wong and Darin Morgan.

1. If it works, does anybody else think it could be a ‘passing the torch’ to a full time revival with new agents?!?!?

2. O'yaya says:

how long is this show supposed to be I know its a mini series but is it 6,10,12,13 cause I know Lauren Ambrose has a mid season show on abc and i’m not sure if Robbie is still the other half of Firestorm ,if he is that’s also a mid season show

• Gonzalo says:

The answer is in the article: “Fox’s six-episode X-Files continuation”…

• chris says:

Lauren Ambrose is talented, has a great ability to change characters, is a great singer and one actress I would go out of my way to see perform. She’s also very easy on the eyes.

3. damnmydooah says:

Ok, now they’re just messing with us. Mulder and Miller basically mean the same (the Dutch name Mulder comes from the profession “molenaar” which, you guessed, translates into Miller) and Scully wrote her doctoral thesis on Einstein’s Twin Paradox. Something is fishy here…

4. Lysh says:

Robbie is in everything these days it seems. If this spins off with these two newbies, I’ll be sad for Firestorm.

• Temperance says:

Um, why? Firestorm is in the new Legends TV series. Garber has the major role, and Amell can pop in on occasion.

5. Steven says:

Great casting if they were going for a young Mulder and Scully. I assume they’ll make some jokes about how they remind them of themselves from 20 years ago.

6. CourtTV says:

I’m going to be mean and just say it: I abhor Lauren Ambrose. Yuck, yuck, yuck!!

7. suzyku says:

Glad to see Robbie Amell back!

8. Azerty says:

So is this why Robbie is not on the cast of Legend of Tomorrow? Conflict of schedule? And what does it mean for his gig oin Flash? Since x file is only 6 episodes I can’t see it as muchbas an issue right?

9. wyl says:

Some of you have skipped the “The pair will appear in one of the six episodes.”

Just one episode..

10. David4 says:

Lauren Ambrose is awesome.

11. Jared says:

I’m actually kind of surprised Robbie Amell has signed on for a TV series even if it’s only for an episode.

12. Please!!! No Mulder & Scully stand ins. This six episode arc should just focus on Mulder and Scully. PERIOD. DONE. Please and Thank You.

13. Timot says:

I hope that the new six episodes are a hit! Most of the original cast are back, I’m happy to see. I wonder how they can have the smoking man back! I thought he met a pretty explosive end! I have been a fan of Lauren Ambrose from Six Feet Under. I also hope that they bring back those three guys, who used to help Scully and Mulder!

14. Joey Padron says:

Happy Robbie got a role on the show!

15. kmw says:

I hope this isn’t a moving on with two new agents, if The X-Files should get another season. FOX it seems is willing to move on without Jack on 24 and it wouldn’t surprise me if they do the same here but we will see. Reyes and Doggett didn’t exactly work on the ninth season as the lead partners( no offense to the actors, Mulder and Scully were the reason I watched and it was just not a good season) I know they said just one episode but you never know where it will go.

16. Jake says:

This guy can’t act at all, so yawn don’t really care for this casting. Please no “passing the torch” – it’s always gonna be Mulder and Scully, no one can beat them.

17. People it says these two will appear in one of the 6 episodes, which means they’re most likely not going to be staying, so all this arguing about whether they would work as Skully and Mulder’s replacements is silly! It does’t say anything that gives the impression that they’re regulars on the show!

18. I like them both but I just want to see what their characters are supposed to be about, I didn’t even think about a younger Mulder and Scully until I saw the comments … I don’t know about that

19. Paulette says:

Probably won’t be IN to watching it with “new” cast members. Complete X-Files JUNKIE entire history, but the new blood screws up the vibe!!!!