Fall TV Preview
Chicago Fire Steven R. McQueen

Chicago Fire Enlists Vampire Diaries Alum Steven R. McQueen

Chicago Fire is tapping into the Vampire Diaries talent pool once again.

Steven R. McQueen will recur in Season 4 of the NBC drama as new candidate Jimmy Borelli, TVLine has learned.

The newest member of Firehouse 51 makes a dramatic entrance on his first day of work — and that doesn’t sit well with Chief Boden.

McQueen played Elena Gilbert’s younger “brother” Jeremy on the CW series, which also featured Fire leading man Taylor Kinney as werewolf Mason Lockwood. McQueen exited Vampire Diaries earlier this year.

Executive producer Danielle Gelber broke the news of McQueen’s casting on Twitter:

Chicago Fire returns Tuesday, Oct. 13 at 10/9c.

1. Still miss Shay, and I’ll miss Mills, but I loved McQueen and miss him on TVD. It’s been a while since I watched CHICAGO FIRE but I will tune back in (or maybe I’ll catch up over the summer) because of this.

2. aph1976 says:

I wish Steven McQueen all the best on Chicago Fire and i can’t wait to see him play a different kind of character of Jeremy.

3. AddieM says:

I don’t watch the show but I’m very happy for him, wishing him all the best..now waiting to see Nina D & Micheal Trevino’s new gigs

4. Lee Mejia says:

As happy as I am for him in getting the gig, I have to admit I was hoping he would be cast as Dick Grayson in the Titans show going on over at TNT.

5. Jeff hunter says:

I wish him the best of luck with the show,but if he vets a chance at the TITANS Pilot,then sorry Mr.wolf you will loose him!jeff

• Jeff hunter says:

Hate to reply to myself but,I really do wish him the best of luck…that being said,if we get a pic of him in Dress Uniform,then that’s where the comparison/backlash will come in.In the comics,Dick Grayson was Cop which means,if you put a side by side pic of both uniforms, your site just might crash!jeff

6. Steven says:

I hope they add him on full time!

7. Kate says:

Great but I still want Mills back. Best character by FAR!

8. Dan says:

UGH. NO. He is a horrendous actor. All he is a good for is taking his shirt off. Hopefully this is a short arc cause I’ll be skipping his episodes.

• jake says:

I agree..I cannot think of one person on TVD that can act worth the damn.

• jbj says:

Dan & Jake: You do realize that one of the stars of this show is a TVD veteran, well known for taking his shirt off…right? I mean, if someone asked me 10 years ago if Taylor Kinney could act himself out of a wet paper bag (on Fashion House, his first lead role), I would have said NO! But over time, his acting got better and he grew on me. So, McQueen might surprise you on a different show!

• Jake says:

I became a fan of Kinney after seeing him on Trauma. I had no idea he was on TVD. Thank you for the information…Perhaps there is hope after all.

9. Bwhit says:

Should be interesting to see him in a completely different setting than the Vampire Diaries. Let’s hope they just keep a candidate all year and not just half a season.

10. Riana says:

I never thought Mason and Jeremy would be working together.

11. dee123 says:

Ugh. No thanks. A log or a tree stump would have the same effect.

12. joel f says:

Steven was barely used on TVD. That can’t be a barometer on his acting ability. I think he’ll fit right in on FIRE. I’ll give him a chance. :)

13. Cas says:

Love him!

14. Gerald says:

I hope Steven can get some juice parts. Like the sound of him stiffing things up with Chief Boden right from the start. I won’t miss Mills at all.
    Was thinking he would still be shooting for Titans. Hopefully he can do both if the opportunity arises.