Fall TV Preview
TheFlash_Cosnett

The Flash's Rick Cosnett Joins ABC's Quantico as Gay FBI Analyst

The Flash‘s dearly departed Rick Cosnett is making a beeline to Quantico.

The actor is joining ABC’s promising new fall drama in the recurring role of Elias Harper, a brilliant former defense attorney recruited by Assistant FBI Academy Director Miranda Shaw (The Mentalist‘s Aunjanue Ellis) to work as an analyst. Elias is described as “very funny,” “kind-hearted” and “openly gay.”

The series follows a diverse new group of Quantico recruits — one of whom will one day be suspected of masterminding the biggest terrorist attack on U.S. soil since 9/11.

Cosnett, whose Flash character Eddie perished in the CW drama’s recent Season 1 finale, joins a cast that also includes Priyanka Chopra (Mary Kom), Jake McLaughlin (Believe), Josh Hopkins (Cougar Town), Yasmine Al Massri (Crossbones), Johanna Braddy (UnREAL), Tate Ellington (The Mindy Project) and Graham Rogers (Revolution).

Quantico premieres Sunday, Sept. 27 at 10/9c on ABC.

1. robandco says:

NOOOOOOO. I was hoping they’d find a way to undo his death. I mean come on, they found a way to keep Dr. Wells around, they could have brought him back to life.

2. Gerri says:

Suddenly Quantico just got more interesting. Sorry he is not on The Flash but happy Rick has another gig, hopefully it will go to full time.

3. Julio says:

This is heartbreaking as I was hoping Eddie would be making a return but I am ecstatic because I am looking forward to Quantico and I loves me some Rick Cosnett.

4. Ian says:

Yeah, I wasn’t really expecting that to be the total end of Eddie either, but it says Rick’s only recurring on Quantico, so there could be room. And until Quantico actually gets going and I see how big the role is myself, I’m not going to believe he’ll be in it much, or that he’ll be any more than just gay in theory. The show has a full cast, so unless one of the male regulars is gay, we’ll probably be seeing veey little of Elias.

5. Tim says:

He basically had the “Tommy” role from Green Arrow.

• Patrick says:

Biggest mistake the show made was killing off Tommy.

• Liz says:

What killing off Tommy was the best thing. Everyone loves to complain about the Olicity drama. God imagine if we had two season of Laurel, Oliver & Tommy drama and then throw in some Felicity in there with a weird web of love triangles. No thank you.

6. Viv says:

I didn´t wanted to believe Eddie was dead because that is just to much Tommy-Season 1-Arrow. I hoped they would find a way out of this mess. But hey, I now know what I will be watching in the fall. Quantico just made my watch list.

7. bryce says:

Well I was on the fence but now I’ll be watching

8. wrstlgirl says:

Great news!!

9. Eric7740 says:

Now I have to watch Quantico!!! Love Rick Cosnett!!!

10. John Davis says:

Rick Cosnett’s voice is a major turn on. Just saying.

11. seifurbocisco says:

Don’t worry Flash fans, Cobalt Zoom is very smart, smarter than Barry and Eobard.
    This is all part of his master plan.

12. i wish him luck but i’m not too sad to see him officially go
    there was always something off about eddie
    i don’t if it was how he was directed, something he did on purpose or if it was just his acting but there alot of times he came off as fake. i don’t mean wooden or bad acting

but more like if eddie told iris “i love you” it’s like really wanted say “*beep* you”

13. Spence says:

I can’t wait until the day when casting announcements and news articles don’t make an unnecessarily huge deal about a character being openly gay… (Not anything against Tvline, but seriously, haven’t we reached a point where we don’t have to highlight that anymore?)

• J.B. says:

I’m so with you on this. Like, I don’t care if a said show is getting a neurosurgeon, homicide detective, just out of school paramedic, highly skilled hacker, alcoholic ex con turned preacher, ancient assassin brought back from the dead, or the third alien race ever to be brought into existence by the High Council of MaybeHisSexualityMightPlayARoleInTheOverallPlot.
      All they should say is he/she will be [insert show] as a doctor, cop, first responder, nerd, friend of Jesus, ninja, or little green men. It’s not like any of those important qualifiers are necessary.

14. King says:

OOH MY GAWWWWD!!!!

15. A says:

Even more reason to watch Quantico!!

16. TheDus2009 says:

great so he’ll be back on flash after the holiday break, considering quantico will bomb so bad :D

17. Dennis says:

Omg he’s so cute!!! I’m def watching this now

18. PL says:

Let me know when they start casting a love interest for him…

19. Ram510 says:

WHAT he’s really dead on The Flash?!?
    And why does practically every broadcast network TV show HAVE to add a gay character? You’d almost think they are getting some sort of profit for it. Anyhow it’ll be nice to see him back on tv since he won’t be on The Flash

• PL says:

Hmm, maybe because it’s a more realistic and accurate portrayal of the world we live in? If you have a problem with diversity, then go live in a cabin in the woods somewhere.

• Ram510 says:

No problem with diversity I just feel networks try a little too hard to force certain characters just because they feel the need. I wish they could let the story unfold a little more organically instead of running through a checklist of prerequisites they feel is necessary to be satisfied. Either way I’ll check it out, the show has added some decent cast members here lately

• Diverse Culture says:

So it’s more likely you should say that about the world having diversity and including USA has many black, Asian & Oriental & Hispanic people in it so that’s why I will watch Quantico it has cultural diversity.

20. Gail says:

He is recurring on Quantico so he could still be available for an episode or two or more on “The Flash”

21. Sudeshna says:

now I have to watch quantico… I am sure we will see him in flash…. he has such a seductive voice….☆★☆♥♥♡♥
    I feel the entire storyline of arrow s1 and flash s1 is same…it would be a bummer to if he isn’t recasted as cobalt blue.. and I hope I get to see him shirtless!