Criminal Minds Marisol Nichols

NCIS' Marisol Nichols to Flash a Badge on Criminal Minds

Marisol Nichols, who last season recurred on NCIS as ATF Agent Zoe Keats, next will be upholding the law on CBS’ Criminal Minds.

TVLine has confirmed that Nichols will guest-star in the second Season 11 episode of the creepy crime drama as Natalie Colfax, a top agent at a Los Angeles outpost of the FBI.

The actress teased her new gig Monday afternoon via Twitter.

In addition to NCIS and her Season 6 run as 24‘s Nadia Yassir, Nichols’ TV credits include GCB, The Gates and an Oct. 2010 episode of NCIS: Los Angeles (as Callen’s ex-CIA partner).

Criminal Minds opens its new season on Wednesday, Sept. 30 at 9/8c, where it now leads into the freshman medical drama Code Black.

Want more scoop on Criminal Minds, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Mr. Tran K says:

Thought CM was going to cast an actress to fill the void left by JLH and a series regular promotion. I’m worried.

• Angela says:

Last I heard, they were talking of possibly having a rotating thing of team members in that open spot, and there’s been talk of the idea of bringing back past team members for guest appearances. Maybe that’ll be part of the rotation thing if they go that route?
      And then there’s Aisha Tyler’s character-she’s not full-time, if I recall rightly, but she will be recurring, so maybe they figure that’s close enough to filling the spot without having to make a permanent series regular at the moment, and by doing that that gives them more time to figure out who they might want to add to the cast full-time? I dunno.
      But perhaps they have talked about adding a permanent member recently, too, you could be right with that. If that’s the case, then hopefully we’ll start getting some good spoilers for the upcoming season in general and find out exactly how they plan to replace her :).

• Poster4392 says:

What happened to her face?!!?!?

2. m3rcnate says:

Whats her status on NCIS? I stopped watching a few seasons ago, but saw Tony was getting a “love interest” of sorts (her) and so i checked out that episode. They had good chemistry, was hoping they would use her periodically to grow the relationship and finally give Tony someone to fall for that falls for her and get him married or something. Has she appeared more since the first introduction episode?
    (BTW no i dont need marriage and tons of relationship stuff on my cops shows, but damn they keep that show stagnant and barely change a thing for fear of messing up the finely tuned money printing machine they’ve got called NCIS. But damn Tony is damn near 50, time to give him a love interest that is “the one”. I love Kensi and Deeks on NCIS:LA and how the writers have balls in writing them as truly together and a cool/fun/flirty relationship that is healthy).

• Dean says:

yeah she’s been in two other episodes one where she meets Tony’s dad and another where she helps the Gibbs gang with an arms dealing case.

• Sheila says:

I like her. Yes, Tony is pushing 50. He should have a real relationship. Yes, M3rcnate, I agree with your stagnant comment.

3. Alrisha says:

What is that means for Dinosso? I like them together, hope she can show up from time to time.

• Kate says:

I really like them together as well, and I think its way past time Tony found someone who will stick around. I hope Marisol will still be a recurring character on NCIS in S13 and beyond.

4. Angela says:

To “NCIS” fans-it says she’s only guesting in an episode, and that’s it. So she should still be free to show up on the other show when needed :).
    Anywho, cool, look forward to seeing her interact with the BAU.

5. Anita says:

Good chemistry with Tony? Oh, common..I hope her character on CM will be better and she will stay there.

6. Corey says:

I’m not a fan of her character on NCIS. I don’t think she has chemistry with Tony. I mean maybe for a sex buddy, sure. That doesn’t take much. Also it’s a little early to be saying “I want this to work.” I’ve had girlfriends where I’ve said or thought that, and not too much longer after, we broke up. And, Ziva is a hell of a lot hotter than this chick. I don’t know what they need to do, but that’s who Tony needs. And quite frankly so does NCIS. It’s been quite the snooze fest lately. Anyway, I hope she stays over on CM. Peace.

• Cote de Pablo chose to leave. She wasn’t forced out, despite what some have said. She has said that in several interviews.

I would much rather see Tony with Zoe, who obviously cares about him, respects him and supports him, than with Ziva, who barely seemed to tolerate him most of the time.

• Dean says:

Don’t bother people like Corey will believe that CBS is paying anyone who says that she left by choice. Like all nutties he believes that the character of Ziva David can end world hunger and cure cancer.

• Sheila says:

He did not say that she didn’t. Why do folks try to start arguments and hyperbole like Dean at the mere mention of Ziva? She was a favorite character of some viewers. They will miss her. That is their choice to express displeasure with the show. Dean, that doesn’t mean you need to attack the commenters’ character. Corey’s comment above did not say Cote was forced out.

7. Mel says:

I like her character on NCIS, so hope she still guests from time to time. It was nice to see Tony with someone who made him happy and actually seemed to both care about and respect him.

8. Pat says:

Well hopefully, she will still be on NCIS because the article said she will be a guest star on Criminal Minds. I really like her and Tony together and he deserves some happiness.

9. MO says:

Why NOT have her appear as agent Zoe Keats on CM!? Does it hurt the either franchise storyline to create a distant continuity. I always wanted a franchise cross-over, but in lieu of doing so, what’s wrong with a bridge character, instead of a weird split character. IMHO

10. Darrell Beam says:

Missed opportunity CBS. You should have allowed her to quest as Zoe to set up a crossover in the near future.

11. Glad she will be on Criminal Minds.

12. liame says:

Not really a fan, I hope she doesn’t become a regular.

13. Chu says:

We produce it important see it’s properly managed
    and to provide our pine assistance authorities with only
    the greatest skilled pine service gear.