Hannibal First Look: Meet Will's Wife — and the Red Dragon's Lady Love!

Ch-ch-changes are coming to the second half of Hannibal‘s third season — as anyone who watched last weekend’s “Digestivo” is well aware.

After Dr. Lecter’s surrender to Jack Crawford — following Will and Hannibal’s escape from the clutches of Mason Verger — Bryan Fuller’s beautiful nightmare will flash-forward several years in this Saturday’s installment (10/9c on NBC), and we’ve got first-look images of your old faves in fresh settings, plus the show’s new Big Bad.

In Episode 8, “The Great Red Dragon,” we’ll meet Richard Armitage’s Francis Dolarhyde (aka The Tooth Fairy) (aka Red Dragon), a serial killer with a set of chompers that would make the Big Bad Wolf a little envious — and a penchant for targeting entire households for slaughter. Also introduced in the hour is Will’s wife Molly (played by Nina Arianda).

The August 1 hour — “…and The Woman Clothed With The Sun” — features the return of Lara Jean Chorostecki as Freddie Lounds and the debut of True Blood‘s Rutina Wesley, playing Reba McClane, a blind woman who becomes a love interest for the sociopathic Dolaryhde.

Check out images from both episodes below — or click here for direct access — then hit the comments and tell us if you’re stoked about where the show is headed over the next six weeks!

1. Ian says:

Always a pleasure to see Rutina. I’ve tried giving Hannibal a couple of shots, but just couldn’t stay interested as I don’t find it as good as it’s acclaimed to be, but I’ll definitely watch these Red Dragon episodes for Rutina and Richard.

• wrstlgirl says:

Same. I haven’t watched in a couple of weeks but I did check out last Saturdays episode to see how they were setting up the Red Dragon stuff. I’ll watch again for that.

• liame says:

Me too.

• bhammel103 says:

Did you just start watching Hannibal this season? If you did, i can understand why you might have quit. The did things a little differently this season. Its usually a little faster paced and the aesthetic is usually very toned down. Start from the beginning and watch the relationships grow.

2. Lauren says:

Still not over Tara not hooking up with Jason

3. BlittleU says:

Alana’s look is on point this season.

4. Azrielen says:

I can’t wait to see Rutina!

I saw Nina Arianda act opposite Hugh Dancy in Venus In Fur. They had amazing chemistry. I’m not surprised Bryan Fuller wanted her for Molly, since we have to buy her as Will’s wife with very little on-screen time dedicated to their relationship.

5. Britt says:

I’m starting to not like Alana. It seems like she’s too aware that she’s “bad” now.

6. Das Snow says:

OK I will officially start watching Hannibal again. By the way Hannibal should’ve been caught a season ago.

7. It’s great to see Rutina! True Blood really screwed her over so I’m glad she hasn’t been scared off working in TV!

8. Ptharry says:

Just when it’s all coming together!!! I hate when networks deliberately place a show on an unpopular slot just because its too “edgy” for them. So of course, Thursday and Saturday night s thhe perfect time to let an otherwise great show go to die. NBC, if you dont have the stomach for a show like this, you could’ve passed and let a cable network be successful with it. COWARDS. Now the fans are left hungry for quality entertainment and it’s not gonna be on NBC!