Masters of Sex

Did Masters of Sex Find Big Love? Who Killed Devious Maid? Boardwalk Stunts Beat Arrow's?! And More TV Qs

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Masters of Sex, The Strain, Devious Maids and Graceland!

1 | Would you watch a medical drama Defiance - Season 2spinoff centered around Defiance’s Doc Yewll?

2 | Did Killjoys intend for us to LOL when the surrogate walked out of the ship carrying the child she had given birth to mere minutes ago??

3 | Does Serena Williams’ comedically impressive 7 Days in Hell appearance make her a contender for a Saturday Night Live hosting gig?

4 | On Masters of Sex, how Big Love-y was Bill’s vacation with his wife, his longtime mistress and their weirdly blended family? And how is it that the children have aged considerably, but Virginia, Bill, Libby and George never seem to get any older?

5 | Didn’t it seem like it took True Detective‘s backup police cars an awfully long time to arrive at the shootout?

6 | Is the son on The Strain, like, totally different for Season 2, or just looks very different…? And is his dad actually making a run at Dutch so soon after bedding Nora? Lastly, did you see anything creepier this week than a group of blind kids immersed in a vat of soil?

7 | Is Big Brother‘s John the most obnoxious “Diary Room loud-talker” in the show’s history?

8 | What was the bigger crime: Food Network Star‘s Emelia 1) poking nasty fun at her fellow contestants during an improv cooking demo or 2) later boasting that she was “really proud” of her borderline-unwatchable performance?

Devious Maids9 | Place your bets: Who killed Devious Maids‘ Blanca? (Our money is on too-sexy-for-his-own-good Sebastien!)

10 | When it comes to Jeremy vs. Adam on UnReal, we’re all Team Adam, right? And on that note, let’s brainstorm: How can the show keep Adam around after his Everlasting season is over?

11 | Is The Fosters star Maia Mitchell’s Aussie accent more noticeable than ever this season?

12 | Chasing Life fans, are you so over Vanessa’s “I know so much more than you do” attitude?

13 | Do you even care who wins The Bachelorette at this point?

14 | In the name of Truth in Advertising, should American Ninja Warrior be titled Upper Body Strength Warrior?

15 | Who out there is watching AMC’s Turn: Washington’s Spies (which was, again, unexpectedly renewed)? We’re legitimately curious!

Suits16 | Do Suits’ Louis and Esther share any one single physical trait? Speaking of sis, is it safe to say Amy Acker didn’t practice her “Esther” signature much?

17 | For the 12 of you in the Major Crimes/Impastor Venn diagram overlap, how funny was it to see do-right “Rusty” playing a bratty pothead?

18 | Was there a single false note in Caitlyn Jenner’s ESPYs speech? (If so, we didn’t hear it.) And how do plan to shut down any weekend dinner-party yammering about how she wasn’t a worthy recipient of the Arthur Ashe Courage Award?

19 | How does Boardwalk Empire keep getting Emmy noms for Stunt Coordination, over shows like Arrow, Banshee and Daredevil?

Rookie Blue20 | How much did you squee/swoon during this Rookie Blue scene?

21 | Mistresses‘ Niko slipped into bed with a passed-out Harry and merely duped him into thinking they’d done the deed, right? That said, if they did have sex, should we read anything into the fact that the skank bartender looks a lot like Harry’s ex Savi?

22 | Was this week’s Graceland brilliant in its deconstruction of the team’s elaborate ruse (and use of black-and-white/spot color for the flashbacks), or did it reiterate the axiom that a little Rhys Coiro goes a long way? (Or both?)

23 | Does Elizabeth Gillies rocking out on Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll‘s killer soundtrack mean you’re likely to be giving iTunes even more of your cash this summer?

24 | Do we have confirmation that Geeks Who Drink is serving actual adult beverages? (We’re still lamenting how Hollywood Game Night was supposed to be, yet never was, about increasingly “tipsy” celebs.)

25 | The fast food chain that has a dopey voice chanting, “Go, bacon! Go, bacon!” at you — currently TV’s most annoying commercial?

Hit the comments with your answers — and any other Qs you care to share!

1. Mommaknowsbest60 says:

25. NO – hands down, the most annoying/scary commercials are still the KFC ones – please get rid of the creepy Colonel Sanders!

2. Mik says:

7) I don’t find John’s shouting “obnoxious”. He’s a really nice guy and the season’s most popular houseguest among viewers, so his shouting doesn’t really affect me :-)

3. Chris says:

10. Unfortunately, according to an interview from “UnREAL” co-creator Sarah Gertrude Shapiro (and when I asked one of the show’s stars Constance Zimmer on twitter), Freddie Stroma can’t be on the show next season as Adam because the cast of “Everlasting” changes next season! I hope that the producers of “UnREAL” changes their mind about Freddie/Adam, because I’m one of the members of Team Adam!

• D says:

On the promo for next weeks episode it showed that they are going to try to get Adam to agree to do a series next season called a royal wedding focusing on his marriage to whichever girl wins, so I’m hopeful! Jeremy is just slimy, so they need to keep Adam around. The ease in which Jeremy is able to cheat on his fiancée is disturbing

• Chris says:

I don’t think they might do the “Royal Wedding” show for next season, since that might be a tease that may not get fruition!

• Rook says:

I love Freddie Stroma and Adam such a great part of the show but, I think that it’s better that they change the cast each season. In a way it kinda keeps if fresh.

4. Daisy says:

#3 Serena wasn’t half bad–I could definitely see a hosting gig in her future.
    #5–re: True Detective backup police–my husband and I said the same thing to each other.
    #15–I watch TURN (but am probably only one of a handful :)). I enjoy it overall. Owain Yeoman (of The Mentalist) joined the cast this season as Benedict Arnold. I’m having a very hard time reconciling him playing these two very different characters.

5. Nicole says:

20. Rookie Blue gets even better as the season goes on, it is amazo g this season. In Canada it is almost over and I am so sad!

6. Daisy says:

It films around my hometown so several of my friends are background extras. This is the only reason I watch. Otherwise I would have given up on this show long ago.

7. LADY_in_MD says:

I think I’m the only one on team Jeremy
    Adam is a creep after he banged that guys wife he lost my vote

As far as devious maids goes I think the Staffords have something to do with all of this and Rosie will be the one to figure it out
    Since she seems to be getting back with Ernesto does this mean spence is gone for good? I hope not

8. I am a huge Turn fan!

9. 2.No I just chalked it up to that adrenaline shot she gave herself.
    15. Me, I watch Turn on AMC, but you know Colonial Williamsburg is my favorite vacation spot so that might tell you something about the demo of this show.

10. JeniLee says:

6. Alan Sepinwall and Dan Fienberg said the son on Strain was recast. So yes – totally different.

11. John says:

10. Yes. I assume either the vineyard or the show talked about in the promos.
    13. The joy of seeing Nick dumped again will be worth it.
    22. That was the first good episode of Graceland since the middle of last season.

12. abz says:

Since this article is about TV shows in general, I’ll post this here since this site doesn’t cover Sense8 much. I just finished the first season and I love the show. It starts off a bit slow but it’s worth it when you stick with it. And that scene from the 6th episode was SO HOT!! (Anyone who’s watched knows which one I’m talking about). Lito/Hernando’s relationship is probably my favorite on TV right now. They’re funny and so cute together. And Sun is such a badass. I really like all of the sensates. And the show is really visually beautiful. I’m so looking forward to another season and hope it gets renewed. Damn, Netflix is doing a good job getting me hooked this year. Daredevil was amazing, OITNB was still good, and now Sense8.

13. robandco says:

9. Poor Blanca. Typical “was-at-the-wrong-place-at-the-wrong-time”. I hope it is not Jesse because Marisol needs a good guy. I could go with Sebastian, because I do not particularly think that he’s a good match for Carmen. But I hope it is Gail because she is SHADY.

14. abz says:

Also, anyone else get emotional at the Tommy reveal on Girl Meets World last week. I definitely teared up a bit. Such a beautiful moment. This show is definitely doing a better job this season.

15. HopeW says:

10. I’m really enjoying watching Unreal, but I don’t think I’m on Team Anybody. ITA that Jeremy’s cheating on his fiancee is bad; so was Adam having sex with his investor’s wife while her husband and Chet watched. And Rachel doesn’t seem to be in good enough place to be forming a healthy relationship with anyone right now. I’ll be interested to see where this season goes but not disappointed at all to see Rachel try again next year with someone else. I do like the actor playing Adam, though!

16. Doug Henning says:

I’ve been wondering about the adults in Masters of Sex the same… They do pretty much look the same except for haircuts a little. Maybe they’ll be less nudity by the 2 female leads to avoid showing that they look as good 10 years later which in their time was not normal.. Today, older women ( see Jennifer Beals) still look like they are in their 30’s.. Virginia based on the age of children has to be in her late 30’s so being pregnant for her is a big deal… I too liked Turn mostly because of LI references and it got better as the season went on.. And Esther and Louis both have dark hair…

17. Nick says:

10. Yes, I’m team Adam. Also, isn’t there supposed to be a spin-off about the happy couple? Maybe I dreamt that. Either way, I’m betting that’s how they keep Adam (or should I say Cormac McLaggen?) for Season 2.

15. I write about TURN for our site. I like it a lot. I think it loses a lot of people because it starts out slow, but it always ends strong. The acting is fabulous.

• robandco says:

Hermione must be so pissed she dumped Cormac now that he is so dreamy! Though he had better abs as radio station guy in Pitch Perfect…

18. Candace says:

24. I read an interview with Zachary Levi and he said he drank tequila on the rocks so that would lead me to believe everyone had actual alcoholic drinks.

19. Becky says:

15. I think the better question is why aren’t you guys watching Turn? It has a villain that talks like Him from The Powerpuff Girls.

20. Marie says:

15. I love Turn and I am so glad it has another season! It got so much better in the 2nd season you should all give it a try!

21. Blip Blop says:

16. I just legit snorted and people look at me funny. Esther is almost pure perfection, maybe poorly written signature is her only flaw.

Maybe Esther was really adopted? Because yeah, the resemblance
    is uncanny. lol

22. Paul K says:

I came to the comments holding my breath to see the nasty things people wrote about the Caitlyn post. VERY pleasantly surprised to see there are not any. That made my Friday! The new child actor on The Strain is horribly distracting and annoying. I hope he tones it down or the feature him much less.

• Angela says:

Regarding Caitlyn, if you’ve missed it thus far, for your own sake, I suggest you stay away from the actual article about the ESPYs and Caitlyn’s speech and just stay in this safe haven instead (or rather,, read the article itself, which is great and worth reading, but ignore the comment section) :).

23. angel says:

#15 – I watch turn and truly enjoy it! Each season has started off a little slow, but a few episodes in, it picks up the pace. Each season finale has left me eagerly awaiting the next season. I’m so glad it’s been renewed!

24. Justin says:

#12 – I’m more over the Mom’s know it all attitude, always assuming she’s right about how her daughters should act or feel. The second April comes in the door from Bermuda “Are you ready to start your clinical trial yet?”
    #15 – I’m legitimately curious why you’re not watching Turn. Its pace may be slow at times early on, but the dialogue and deception capture my attention each week.

25. CJ says:

15) I watch Turn! I checked it out when it first premiered because of my love for Craig Silverstein, and stayed for the great acting, writing, and a glimpse at a fascinating time in American history. I’ve come across a lot of comments in different places around the web recently from people who have just discovered and fallen in love with Turn on Netflix, and I am really hoping that will be reflected in the ratings next season.

and re: The Strain (#6), I was so taken aback by that recasting! Can’t say I am a fan of the change thus far.

26. selinakray says:

10. I think it would be so simple to keep Adam around next season. Just have the hotel he’s developing with the show be the place where they film the next series, since it’s being rebranded the “Everlasting Hotel” or whatever. It would be especially relevant if they made him Rachel’s boyfriend… ;)

27. Luis says:

1. OH HELL YES!!!!
    14. I am waiting for ANW to come up with some kind of unicycle based challenge.
    16. I think it’s like a Rob Lowe/Chad Lowe situation, where all the attractive got sucked into one end of the gene pool.
    23. Are “Victorious” alumni blowing up the spot or what?

28. Luis says:

25. TV’s currently most annoying commercial is the Brut spot where the husband slaps on some Brut and the wife immediately walks out of the bedroom pregnant. Dsgusting!

29. Simon says:

7. Really?! John is the best part of Big Brother this season. I could listen to him talk for days. I just wish they would show more of him outside the DR as that’s when yes being really funny and charming.

30. Dee says:

“10– Team Adam all the way! I don’t think it’s inconceivable to keep him around. His vineyard is going to be branded as “Everlasting Ranch” or something, right? That was the shady deal with Chet and his friend? Everlasting could shoot dates at the ranch, giving opportunities for Adam to be present. I think it makes sense to keep him. Otherwise they have to bring in someone new to create another triangle? That would be too contrived.

31. Jane says:

1. I love Doc Yewll. Her moments are the best on the show.

2. Yeah, she was up and moving pretty soon after giving birth and had lost all the baby weight in 5 minutes.

5. Everything takes an awfully long time on True Detective.

25. I’d go with the Hannah and her House commercials as the most annoying and the KFC Col. Sanders as the creepiest.

32. Bwhit says:

10) Adam could lose the support of his rich family because the behind the scenes fun he had gets leaked and it makes them look bad. He has to get a real job or just share Rachel’s weird living quarters while he plans what to do next.
    20) Nick is my favorite character and he actually has the hardest past but the best attitude of anyone on the show. So happy they focused on him this week.
    22) Graceland has been great this season. That episode was very well done, they need to do more of the ensemble helping each other and less of them screwing each other over. Also, that scene with Mike, Ari and Paul at the gas station was awesome, I laughed so hard at the dialogue between the three. I want to know how many takes it took with all the discussion about Mike’s “boys”.

33. rusty says:

Concerning Killjoys, I am surprised the network hasn’t cancelled the show yet. They obviously have no faith in it. The sets are cheezy at best and the special effects look like they were done on a home computer photo shop. The lead female has only her looks going for her. You can only have her in skimpy outfits for so long before that even gets old. They have a great premise for a good show, but have lousy scripts, bad acting, too many hidden sub plots going on. It has no personality. You want to root for the good guys but they are so lame. They have a talking ship that is a A.I. but you know nothing about it. No back stories on anyone except the lead female, who was brought up to be an assassin. It is really hard to keep watching it. Every week I hope that someone is going to do something to improve it. So far nothing but disappointment.

• ScottJ says:

Killjoys is a not a network show. Its a Canadian series that SyFy happened to pick up and I assume part fund. Its cheap and all 10 episodes were completed months ago.

• Sheila says:

I like the show. The newborn thing was ridiculous, yes. But, overall, I have to respectfully disagree with Rusty.

34. Jason says:

I watch Turn and enjoy it quite a lot. This season was a lot better than the first. It’s an underrated shows that drifts under the radar. It’s almost like AMC keeps forgetting to cancel it.

35. Tovah says:

7. Johnny Mac is the man. His yelling is really part of his charm. Easily the most popular player thus far this season. The most obnoxious DR shouter ever would actually be Chef Joe from BB14, IMO.

36. makparis says:

#10 – Actually, I feel like the show has already set up a way for Adam to be a part of the show next season with the Everlasting Spa and Resort.

#17 – I am one of the 12. It wasn’t all the weird considering what a pain in the ass Rusty was in the first season Major Crimes.

#25 – YES!!

• Andrea says:

Rusty also played an annoying teenage pothead on Two and a Half Men. He was Jake’s best friend Eldridge.

37. Bella says:

#18: Sorry to disappoint you, but I completely disagree that Caitlyn Jenner deserved the ESPY award for courage. Yes, it was a great speech. But her sports connection was from 30 years ago. The last several years have been relentless self promotion as part of the Karadashian empire. In addition, she is responsible for a car collision that killed another human being just a short time ago! And according, to an ESPN report I heard yesterday, her agent went to ESPN and asked to be given the award. None of that adds up to a hero in my book.

• Kvivik says:

Thank you! While I am happy that Caitlyn is finally living her life and loved the message she gave in the speech, she did not deserve to win this award.
      Case in point – Lauren Hill, a 19-year-old freshman from Mount St. Joseph University in Cincinnati who battled an inoperable brain tumor to achieve her dream of playing college basketball. She passed away in April but she fought for her ability to play and raised money for cancer research as well.
      Caitlyn’s sport career was 30 years ago, it’s an entertainment story now, not a sports story.

38. c-mo says:

25. I had to read the question multiple times because I have no clue what commercial that is. Unless something is happening on one of my shows, I’m generally on one electronic device or another or I’m watching from my DVR so I can skip through them
    18. Why can’t people disagree with each other? Why does everyone have to have the same opinion? I find friendships without healthy disagreement to be boring. Thankfully none of my friends care about Caitlyn in the least due to her affiliation with the Kardashians; I doubt any of them even watched, I sure didn’t, it was Castle marathon night on TNT.

39. Melissa says:

15. I watch Turn and I love it!

40. liame says:

#2. Never under estimate the power of A Woman (LOL) #15. “Turn: Washington’s Spies” is easy entertainment. They have the cockiest plots on TV at the moment, in reality no one could get away with the great stuff they’re dishing out, but somehow, they make it believable. Love- This-Show. 17. Nepotism. Hi Rusty ;)

41. cg313 says:

19. If the give A CW show and even a Superhero show any love in any category I would be shocked. While we’re at it what about the stunts on AoS too?

25. KFC and the Direct TV commercials with the model and the horse. That is so annoying, pointless and unfuny in my book.

42. Helen says:

18. It’s not that I begrudge Caitlyn the award, I just think there was a more deserving recipient this year – Lauren Hill.

43. Maxsmom says:

25. the most annoying commercial is the time warner commercial where the woman says she knew exactly what time they were coming because of the 1 hour appt. window, if there is a window than you can’t know exactly what time they are coming!

44. Maxsmom says:

22. I adore Rhys Coiro: I always want more of him.

45. Maxsmom says:

17. I am taking this as a warning that I should stay far far away from Impastor. Each week, Rusty makes me want to quit Major Crimes even though I love Sanchez, Tao, Provenza, and Flynn.

46. 15) I watch Turn, but I don’t know why. Scratch that. Sure I do: JJ Feild & Ksenia Solo. Their characters are the most interesting.

19) Right??? I often wondered the same thing. All of those shows do amazing stunt work. But the Emmys haaaaaate change. Change requires thought, and it’s been only recent that television has started to make people think.

47. A says:

17. Enough with the “Venn diagram” crap already! This is supposed to be a place for true TV lovers. That means watching a wide VARIETY of TV shows. I used to watch Sons of Anarchy and Glee on the same night. It’s really not that uncommon or outrageous to watch many shows of different genres.

48. co2bl says:

Totally Team Adam! I would love to see him kept around for season 2 by having a spin-off show for him related to Everlasting. Or, just keep him around, running is winery and not as a contestant. I just NEED more Adam/Rachel scenes in the show. They are part of what makes the show so awesome and addictive.

49. cjeffery7 says:

14 – no kidding. as someone who fancies herself an appreciator of fitness from head to toe, there doesn’t seem to be much toe work.

50. Heathers says:

18 that disgusting Thing doesn’t deserve ANY award!