CSI Series Finale Cast

CSI Series Finale Cast: Melinda Clarke's Lady Heather and 11 Others Returning

Ready or not, it’s almost time to say goodbye to CSI. The long-running CBS procedural’s finale is slated to air Sunday, Sept. 27, and TVLine can now confirm more than 10 vets returning to the fold for the farewell fete.

Though we exclusively reported that George Eads will not return for the last hurrah, the following cast members — in addition to Marg Helgenberger and William Petersen — will appear in the finale:

* Paul Guilfoyle as Captain Jim Brass (original run: 2000–2014)
* Jorja Fox as Sara Sidle (2000–2015)
* Jon Wellner as Henry Andrews (2005–2015)
* Wallace Langham as David Hodges (2003–2015)
* Ted Danson as D.B. Russell (2011–2015)
* David Berman as David Phillips (2000–2015)
* Robert David Hall as Dr. Al Robbins (2000–2015)
* Eric Szmanda as Greg Sanders (2000–2015)
* Elisabeth Harnois as Morgan Brody (2011–2015)

But wait, there’s more! Melinda Clarke will also appear in the big finale, reprising the role of Lady Heather.

Your hopes for CSI‘s big farewell? Which returning characters are you most looking forward to seeing? Drop a comment with all of your thoughts below.

1. mes520 says:

2. Justin Burnell says:

Reblogged this on THB Files and commented:
    I can’t believe that my all-time favorite show CSI ending on the September 28th with a big-ol’ series finale. Can’t wait to see all the guest stars who was featured on the show. I will alaways miss the original CSI.

3. tannerose5 says:

I always wanted Grisson and Lady Heather to get together. Enjoyed CSI with Gil in the lead. I, along with Justin, will always miss the original CSI cast members.

• Pickle8182 says:

Originals were by far the best. This past season so weak – except for Ted. NEVER EVER wanted Gil and Heather together. Not a match.

• Brandi says:

Ted has been the shining star these past couple of seasons. I’m sad the show is ending and he won’t be in anymore. But I am happy Gil and Brass will be in the finale.

• Mr. Tran K says:

Ted Danson will bring his character DB Russell to CSI: Cyber when the new season begins October 4th. He’s replacing the departed Peter MacNicol.

• acter says:

Oh, sorry to read that Peter MacNicol is leaving CSI:Cyber. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen him in anything I disliked.

• See I gotta disagree, Ted really seemed to phone it in at critical points where he was supposed to be worried someone close to him might die. His character is generally more of a quieter rage type, sure, but as his tenure wore on he just seemed tired.

• arial2 says:

Agree. She really understood Grissom. Melinda Clarke’s presence will guarantee my presence in front of my tv screen. What wonderful chemistry during their one-on-one scenes in all her episodes. Also, during her first appearance, I loved the “potential best friends” chemistry between Lady Heather and Catherine Willows. I was surprised they never went anywhere with that.

• NBBob says:

Agreed. The attraction between Grissom and Heather was obvious and intense unlike the sappy relationship Grissom had with Sidle. Looking forward to seeing heather again and hoping, this time, she gets her man!

• CSIFAN says:

Why would Grissom want to take the risk of being ended up on a hook?

4. Pickle8182 says:

I’m just glad they are having one. CBS has screwed SO MANY great shows ending them with a whimper, and some you were just left hanging.

• drhenning says:

The gave JAG a series finale send off with the Harm and Mac deciding to get married. But the other 2 CSI’s just ended as did Cold Case… Judging Amy ended up with Amy quitting the bench and running for Senate…

5. dragons3 says:

I’d like to see them bring the lab rats back for one final bow, too. The early seasons always had at least one episode that featured the lab rats and it was always funny and refreshing after some of the other storylines. Unfortunately, that fell by the wayside in the last few seasons.

6. Sha says:

Any word on Elisabeth Shue?

• smschira says:

EW reported that she is not appearing in the finale. I haven’t seen that news anywhere else though.

• Angela Knapp says:

If Memory serves me correctly Elisabeth’s character was kidnapped and critically injured either close to or at the end of the last season. Her Character may not be fit to return to duty. Therefore, Elisabeth is not appearing in the finale.

7. Jax says:

I thought it was Dr. Kessler, sex therapist. lol
    I never cared much for her in either case. Maybe she’s the ‘pivotal death’? I’d be for that.

• Brandi says:

That would definitely be a reason for Gil to return to Vegas and the lab.

• Kendall says:

I’m thinking Finlay will be the pivotal death, which would explain why Shue isn’t in it. Not sure why Grissom would care enough about that to show up when he didn’t show up for other things, but any excuse is a good one I guess.

8. Barry says:

Sorry to say, I haven’t kept up with CSI since William Petersen left the show and Ted Danson joined the staff (I did like Fishburn, however). I know it’s my hang-up, but Ted Dansone will always be Sam from Cheers for me. :-)

So, here’s my question — are Petersen and Jorja Fox still supposed to be an item?

9. Rose Alice Hoerst says:

Good cast except for no-talent Jorja Fox

10. vplasgirl says:

Lady Heather? How will you ever work her in in a way that is more believable than her past three appearances that weren’t believable?

• Some chick says:

She probably ends up being killed off with Gil. It hits close to home so everyone comes out to solve the murder…I believe they said there would be a big death and with her there, it has to be Gil

• Not Impressed says:

They couldn’t. That character still came off as unbelievable as ever. CSI made a booboo back then when they had the freaky Leather Heather gone mainstream. Once that persona is devoid of all its getups as a domme, there’s nothing left to write home about!

11. JJ says:

I dont watch CSI but I love Melinda Clarke! I miss her on The O.C. And Nikita!

12. vplasgirl says:

I was excited when I learned that there would be a final two-hour episode of CSI. Now, I know I won’t be watching. CSI’s love affair with Lady Heather was always beyond my understanding. To bring that character back cheapens and ruins the finale for me.

• CSIFAN says:

Making the CSI finale center around this side character was beyond my understanding, too. It’s kind of laughable to see the feeble attempt of making her a part of the Grissom-Sara-LH triangle that was never there. I was very disappointed to see her take the screen time away from the other regular cast members. I’d love to see more of Brass, Doc, Greg, hell, even Hodges and Ecklie.

Why in the world they didn’t bring Wendy, Archie and Mandy back?

Lady Heather overstayed her storyline. Hers was done in Season 7. I think Bruckheimer really owes all the CSI fans a good explanation as why he insisted on bringing this disposable character!

13. I wonder about Elisabeth Shue – last time we saw her or heard about her she was in a coma after that beating she received. I wonder how they are going to wrap up that story.

14. Wanda says:

I have been a fan of CSI since the beginning – enjoyed every episode. What am I going to do now. Hope the entire staff good luck wherever they go. Gonna miss you guys!!!!

15. Mr. Tran K says:

Great to see the gang back together again for CSI’s farewell episode expect for George Eads, Laurence Fishburne, Marc Vann and Gary Dourdan whose character got killed off in the Season 8 finale. What about Elisabeth Shue?

16. Stlblues2 says:

Lady Heather is back….Yeah. Always liked that character. Gil should have ended up with her instead of whiny Sara…

• Laura says:

Sara is not whiny!! She is a criminalist and her and Grissom go well together! Hope they get back together in the finale!! As for Stokes, he was also my favorite along with Catherine and the original cast!! Will miss CSI. Will still watch the reruns….Aloha Cast and God Bless!!

• CSIFAN says:

Re: Stiblues2’s July 17,2015 post:

Bless Grissom’s heart. He knew the difference a mere infatuation and true love. He knew Sara was the real deal. Not a phony or fake.

Sara was the most authentic character of all the CSI shows. She’s intelligent, resilient, resourceful and determined. This strong character brought so much empathy and humanity to the show in spite of the traumatic childhood she had experienced.

So, let me just say this to you; how about putting Lady Heather under a Mustang out in the desert? If she can make her way out —-in all her glorious dominatrix getups, like corset and heel high boots, than, we will sit down and chat about these two women again.

17. Sheila says:

Yay Lady Heather!

18. Janice says:

I’m excited to see WILLIAM PETERSON. I always felt he was the driving force behind CS I. I was very sad when he left to do stage work. Can’t wait to see his return.

• Lana says:

William Peterson was the reason my husband and I kept watching the show, while we loved all the cast, when he left we quit watching. I would sneak watch a few times when Ted was there but it wasn’t the same without Gil so we will definitely watch the finale with Peterson.

19. flora says:

Lady Heather is coming back? Really? Why? Anthony promised this movie would be a love song for long term fans and then he brings LH back? UGH.

• Carol says:

I agree. No more of Lady Heather was the only good thing about Grissom’s leaving. Bringing her back and not Warrick Brown makes me consider not bothering to watch the finale.

20. Cas says:

I liked Lady Heather. Not as a match for Gil though. I also never liked Gil and Sara. I think because in the beginning Sara just idolized him and I always thought it was creepy. Personally, I always thought Gil and Catherine should have ended up together.

• Robin Lee Horne says:

Sara and Gil had a relationship before the timeline of the show began. As for Willows, her character was just awful. She was very unprofessional.

• Barry says:

That’s Way too extreme for me Robin — but like you, I never cared for Willows either.

• CSIFAN says:

Stumbling upon this page by chance, and it still amazed me to read the old comments from days gone by. Personally I do think CSI was a great show that came to the viewers at the right time. I liked most of the characters; alas, Catherine wasn’t one of them. If you go back to rewatch the first five seasons, you can tell she was really not a likable character at all. Actually ‘unprofessional’ is a very proper term to describe her. Running rough shod over Grissom, demanding and picking cases she wanted to work on, going above her supervisor’s head to haul in outside help, picking up men either at bars she went or crime scenes she worked on, and the snarky and snide way she treated Sara from the get-go, etc., etc. And we haven’t even talked about her personal dealings yet. It’s hard to warm up to this character, I am afraid.

Maybe the writers wanted to create more drama among the team members. Still, it’s disappointing to see this character fell into the usual get-her-claws-out kind of female crowd.

• CSI Forever says:

It’s a good thing Zuiker & Co. had great sense and never went down the route to pair Grissom with Catherine. She was an awful character. Nasty, self-centered; most of all, unprofessional —and I haven’t even started with her looks! Such a put-off.

• CSIFAN says:

I, for one, am really grateful CSI didn’t follow the typical Hollywood trend by pairing the lead actor with the lead actress. Catherine wasn’t the right woman for a man like Grissom. She’s the ‘live-for-the-moment’ type while Grissom well, was Grissom. He would be driven to absolute madness if he had to deal with Catherine’s drama queen antics 24/7.

The only decent man she got herself hooked up with was Det. Vartan other than that district engineer she met at a crime scene in season one. But that engineer saw her for what she was, and told her he knew she was all for herself only. So she dumped him.

Mr. William Petersen got it right; he wanted Sara to be Grissom’s love interest. After all the ups and downs, Grissom finally had the woman he wanted back by his side. Lucky fellow.

21. i sincerely hope that “lady heather” & gil do not show up as a couple, that would be like ripping sara’s heart out! i am disappointed that nick won’t be there! but i am looking 4ward to seeing the ending show!

22. JBPryor says:

I’m glad they’re having a finale for this one, unlike CSI Miami they snatched it off and left a lot of people, myself included, with their mouth hung open.

23. GraceM says:

What about Elizabeth Shue?

24. Joanne says:

William Peterson leaves the show for the worse and I’d rather he didn’t come back…BUT an excellent plot line would be Sara is murdered and the team proves that Gil DID IT! Sorry fans, the show has limped along since they killed Warrick, Gil leaves, Marg leaves, and finally Brass and Nick leave.

• Not Impressed says:

The even BETTER line would be to have that awful Leather Heather as the mastermind behind the bombings! Better still, Zuiker could have made that Leather Heather the killer! Alas. Neither of us got what we wished for!

But Grissom did. He got the only woman he ever loved back to his side. Lucky fellow!

25. Ashley says:

Lady Heather might be enough to make me tune in. She was easily my favorite recurring character on that show.

26. Jenna says:

I’m glad to see most of the cast will be back. I was never a fan of LH, but I really hope to see Grissom and Sara reunite. They had great chemistry and a beautiful ending in the jungle, when WP left the show. I was sad to see the new writers ruin it, and haven’t watched the show since. I’ll be tuning in to the movie, though, hoping the veteran writers will fix it.

27. Jess says:

LADY FREAKING HEATHER!!!!

28. SherryB says:

Fishburne is no great loss, then or now…And Eads is a pompous rear-end of a donkey anyways, also no great loss..

29. Coralie Bornais says:

I was really hoping George Eads would be returning. He had been an integral cast member for all these years. Is he bitter?

30. CactusRose says:

I stopped watching after Grissom left, too. But I will definitely watch the finale. I always liked Lady Heather and the underlying energy between her and Gil. Unfortunately for Marg Helgenberger, her new character on Under the Dome is just plain awful! That show has already jumped the shark in my book!

31. Daryl says:

Now if you can find a way to bring back Gary Dourdan, That would be something!!

32. why isn’t Laurence Fishburne in the finale? He was great in the series.

33. Phyllis curley says:

I love csi. .have all the cd…miss grisome and gang…ur my fav..couldn’t get into the other csi shows. .sorry

34. rick bol says:

truly sad that it is over. have watched since day 1 . iwould really hope that george eads makes a cameo . also as a request that you could find it in your hearts to at least mention if not bring back the character of warwick brown. it has been a real pleasure to watch this show THANK YOU one and all.

35. Oh CATHERINE my Love…My TURTLEDOVE!!

36. Rita says:

Love Lady Heather! LOL, my favorite TV character, ever…. I’ll be watching

37. Debbie says:

I am thrilled that Wm. Peterson as well as Marg will be back. I am looking forward to seeing them all. I am disappointed that George will not bring Nick back however. This show has been my favorite show since the beginning. I am really sorry to see it go. Good luck to all.

38. Amber Hearn says:

I’m sad to see it go, but Eric Szmanda is my favorite as Greg Sanders!!

39. Kathy says:

I can’t believe that Nick is not going to be on the finale that’s not wright! I also wish it wasn’t coming to the end all the CSI show have come to an end that stinks!!!!!!