Fall TV Preview
Jason Dohring The Originals

Jason Dohring Joins The Originals as Vamp-Hunting Detective in Season 3

This fall on The Originals, it’s Klaus Mikaelson vs… Logan Echolls?

Former Veronica Mars star Jason Dohring has landed a recurring role on the CW drama’s third season, per The Hollywood Reporter, playing a good-natured — but also very determined — detective named Will Kinney. He’ll first appear in the Season 3 premiere (Oct. 8, 9/8c).

Will, who gradually becomes more aware of New Orleans’ supernatural goings-on as the season progresses, is one of several new faces arriving this fall. As TVLine previously reported, fans will also be introduced to two calculating vampires named Lucien and Aurora.

Are you pumped to see Mr. Veronica Mars in the Big Easy this fall? Drop a comment with your thoughts on Dohring’s casting below.

1. Bryce says:

Gosh, love him but, like Daniel Sharman before him, he’s still not a good enough reason to watch. Never cared for Klaus and company and I absolutely detest Chest Peckwell. He looks strange and his acting is annoying.

2. Wordsmith says:

Probably bears mentioning that Dohring has previously played an ancient vampire himself, on Moonlight.

• Jane says:

I thought the same thing when I saw the headline. Glad I’m not the only one that remembered.

• silverpetticoatreview says:

Loved Jason Dohring on Moonlight. Still wish they’d bring back that show for a TV movie. They could easily explain away their aging with the temporary human cure as they hide from the vampire cullings. The show already set it up. :)

3. Oh. Oh yes. This is amazing.

4. Eliza says:

Love him so looks like I have start watching The Originals again….

5. E says:

Oh man now I’m going to have to watch this show again. LoVe me some Logan Echols

6. BookGirl says:

Hallelujah! I’ve missed Jason on the TV screen in a regular vs. guest-starring capacity. Looking foward to it!

7. Stacie says:

Yes!! One of my favs from VM!

8. Sharon says:

Wow love Jason Dohring. This actually interests my for a change.

9. lulu says:

Finally, Jason Dohring will be on my tv screen again, IT WAS FREAKING TIME.
    I don’t watch this show but i will watch for him, i still think he should have his own tv show or he should be a movie star !!!

10. Ggny says:

Not one mention of him pretty much playing the original Klaus like character on moonlight?

11. Dmac says:

Best casting ever

12. J says:

I will (and have) watch the underappreciated and underutilized Jason Dohring in pretty much anything. And now my next three months will be dedicating to watching this show I’ve never heard of just so I can appreciate his role to the fullest.

13. Candace says:

Loved Jason as a vampire on Moonlight. Can’t WAIT to see him in this role.

14. Beth says:

Love him, still hoping for a LoVe Reunion and another book (Rob Thomas) but can’t wait to see him on The Originals. I love this cast even more after watching SDCC 2015 panel.

15. Charissa29 says:

My tv screen is always happier with Jason Dohring on it!

16. Lady K says:

“Vampire solidarity! Rah, rah, rah and all that…..” He is going to be a fantastic addition to the show!

17. Lauren says:

Damnit, now I want to watch.

18. Dyann says:

I HATE the ORIGINALS TV show but I LOVE Jason Dohring! Damn, now I’ll have to watch it! I was so happy when Klaus and company left the Vampire Diaries….but the joke is on me, cause now I’ll HAVE to watch it! Well Pooie!

19. Love to see him in TO!

20. Kate says:

Yay!! Great news!

21. Becky says:

I don’t watch The Originals, but yesssssss. Put Jason Dohring in everything.

22. silverpetticoatreview says:

Best news ever! Loved Jason Dohring on Veronica Mars and Moonlight. And I love The Originals, so this will just make the show even better!

23. Wooster182 says:

Ah! Aaaah! I’m so happy! Already hoping he falls for Camille. Would love to see Klaus lose his mind over that–as long as he doesn’t kill him. He’s make a great main cast member.

24. Leslie Davis says:

I think would do better as a vamp like in Moonlight. He was awesome. Utterly terrifying!

25. Tonya says:

Love me some Jason, haven’t watched the show in awhile now I’m gonna have to start watching again and all cause of him!! Love me some moonlight also they need to bring that series back or heck make one about him and his tortured love life..

26. sandra thompson says:

Hip hip hooray!!! Jason Dohring is an amazingly gifted actor sooo deserving of a new role to showcase his talents. I am imagining a grown-up Logan Echolls as a detective battling evil in the Big Easy. Perfection would be Veronica as his partner, but you can’t have everything. Huge congrats to Jason and I will not miss an Originals episode this season.