Emmys
Emmy Award Nominations

Emmy Nominations: Game of Thrones, Freak Show Lead Pack; Davis, Henson, Maslany Among Best Actress Hopefuls

Nominations for the 67th Primetime Emmy Awards were announced on Thursday by Uzo Aduba (Orange Is the New Black) and Cat Deeley (So You Think You Can Dance), and HBO led the pack with 126 total nods. ABC (with 42 contenders), NBC and CBS (41 each) and FX (38) rounded out the Top 5.

Program-by-program, HBO’s Game of Thrones reigned with 24 total nominations, followed by FX’s American Horror Story: Freak Show (19), HBO’s Olive Kitteridge (13) and HBO’s Bessie (12), Tying for fifth place, Netflix’s House of Cards, the final season of AMC’s Mad Men and Amazon’s Transparent each amassed 11 nods.

TVLine has detailed the major nominees below; the complete list is at Emmys.com. Your job, as fellow TV connoisseurs, is to deluge the Comments section with gobs of glee… or disproportionate outrage. (Because Internet, we’re conservatively predicting 60 percent outrage.)

OUTSTANDING DRAMA (2014 winner: Breaking Bad)
Better Call Saul
Downton Abbey
Game of Thrones
Homeland
House of Cards
Mad Men
Orange Is the New Black

LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA (2014 winner: Bryan Cranston)
Kyle Chandler, Bloodline
Jeff Daniels, The Newsroom
Jon Hamm, Mad Men
Bob Odenkirk, Better Call Saul
Liev Schreiber, Ray Donovan
Kevin Spacey, House of Cards

LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA (2014 winner: Julianna Margulies)
Claire Danes, Homeland
Viola Davis, How to Get Away With Murder
Taraji P. Henson, Empire
Tatiana Maslany, Orphan Black
Elisabeth Moss, Mad Men
Robin Wright, House of Cards

SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA (2014 winner: Anna Gunn)
Joanne Froggatt, Downton Abbey
Lena Headey, Game of Thrones
Emilia Clarke, Game of Thrones
Christina Hendricks, Mad Men
Uzo Aduba, Orange Is the New Black
Christine Baranski, The Good Wife

SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA (2014 winner: Aaron Paul)
Jonathan Banks, Better Call Saul
Ben Mendelsohn, Bloodline
Jim Carter, Downton Abbey
Peter Dinklage, Game of Thrones
Michael Kelly, House of Cards
Alan Cumming, The Good Wife

GUEST ACTRESS IN A DRAMA (2014 winner: Allison Janney)
Diana Rigg, Game of Thrones
Rachel Brosnahan, House of Cards
Cicely Tyson, How to Get Away With Murder
Allison Janney, Masters of Sex
Khandi Alexander, Scandal
Margo Martindale, The Americans

GUEST ACTOR IN A DRAMA (2014 winner: Joe Morton)
Alan Alda, The Blacklist
Michael J Fox, The Good Wife
F. Murray Abraham, Homeland
Reg E. Cathey, House of Cards
Beau Bridges, Masters of Sex
Pablo Schreiber, Orange Is the New Black

OUTSTANDING COMEDY (2014 winner: Modern Family)
Louie
Modern Family
Parks and Recreation
Silicon Valley
Transparent
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Veep

LEAD ACTRESS IN A COMEDY (2014 winner: Julia Louis-Dreyfus)
Edie Falco, Nurse Jackie
Lisa Kudrow, The Comeback
Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Veep
Amy Poehler, Parks and Recreation
Amy Schumer, Inside Amy Schumer
Lily Tomlin, Grace and Frankie

LEAD ACTOR IN A COMEDY (2014 winner: Jim Parsons)
Anthony Anderson, black-ish
Louis C.K., Louie
Don Cheadle, House of Lies
Will Forte, Last Man on Earth
Matt LeBlanc, Episodes
William H. Macy, Shameless
Jeffrey Tambor, Transparent

SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A COMEDY (2014 winner: Allison Janney)
Niecy Nash, Getting On
Julie Bowen, Modern Family
Allison Janney, Mom
Kate McKinnon, Saturday Night Live
Mayim Bialik, The Big Bang Theory
Gaby Hoffmann, Transparent
Jane Krakowski, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Anna Chlumsky, Veep

SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A COMEDY (2014 winner: Ty Burrell)
Andre Braugher, Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Adam Driver, Girls
Keegan-Michael Key, Key & Peele
Ty Burrell, Modern Family
Tituss Burgess, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Tony Hale, Veep

GUEST ACTRESS IN A COMEDY (2014 winner: Uzo Aduba)
Gaby Hoffmann, Girls
Pamela Adlon, Louie
Elizabeth Banks, Modern Family
Joan Cusack, Shameless
Christine Baranski, The Big Bang Theory
Tina Fey, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

GUEST ACTOR IN A COMEDY (2014 winner: Jimmy Fallon, SNL)
Mel Brooks, The Comedians
Paul Giamatti, Inside Amy Schumer
Bill Hader, Saturday Night Live
Louis C.K., Saturday Night Live
Bradley Whitford, Transparent
Jon Hamm, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

REALITY SHOW HOST (2014 winner: Jane Lynch)
Tom Bergeron, DWTS
Jane Lynch, Hollywood Game Night
Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn, Project Runway
Cat Deeley, SYTYCD
Anthony Bourdain, The Taste

REALITY SHOW COMPETITION (2014 winner: Amazing Race)
The Amazing Race
Dancing With the Stars
Project Runway
So You Think You Can Dance
Top Chef
The Voice

VARIETY, MUSIC, OR COMEDY SERIES (2014 winner: Colbert Report)
The Colbert Report

Agatha Christie’s Poirot — Curtain: Poirot’s Last Case
Bessie
Grace of Monaco
Hello Ladies: The Movie
Killing Jesus
Nightingale

LEAD ACTRESS IN A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE (2014 winner: Jessica Lange)
Felicity Huffman, American Crime
Jessica Lange, American Horror Story: Freak Show
Queen Latifah, Bessie
Maggie Gyllenhaal, The Honorable Woman
Frances McDormand, Olive Kitteridge
Emma Thompson, Sweeney Todd

LEAD ACTOR IN A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE (2014 winner: Benedict Cumberbatch)
Timothy Hutton, American Crime
Ricky Gervais, Derek Special
Adrien Brody, Houdini
David Oyelowo, Nightingale
Richard Jenkins, Olive Kitteridge
Mark Rylance, Wolf Hall

SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE (2014 winner: Kathy Bates)
Regina King, American Crime
Sarah Paulson, American Horror Story: Freak Show
Angela Bassett, American Horror Story: Freak Show
Kathy Bates, American Horror Story: Freak Show
Mo’Nique, Bessie
Zoe Kazan, Olive Kitteridge

SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE (2014 winner: Martin Freeman)
Richard Cabral, American Crime
Denis O’Hare, American Horror Story: Freak Show
Finn Wittrock, American Horror Story: Freak Show
Michael Kenneth Williams, Bessie
Bill Murray, Olive Kitteridge
Damian Lewis, Wolf Hall

The Emmys will be held Sunday, Sept. 20 at the Microsoft Theater L.A. LIVE in Los Angeles, and aired on Fox.

1. BrightLight says:

I think Tumblr dash just died with Tatiana’s nomination. 3/4 excitement, 1/4 still upset about Anna Torv and John Noble not getting nominated for Fringe.

• julia says:

…More importantly Game of Thrones… 5 nominations so far…very well deserved

• Wouter says:

Yeah, but not for the people who deserve it the most IMO? Sophie Turner has been the best player on GoT for the last few years IMO. So tired of always seeing Emilia nominated while her acting isn’t anything special.

• julia says:

People need to stop bashing Emilia Clarke, she portrayed a very formidable character this season like always…her character may not have gone through any major traumas/drama – as we are used to with GoT – but she held her own in every scene she was in. She deserves this nomination

• msbellalugosi says:

People seem to think in order to compliment one actor you need to bash another one.

• ceecilex says:

I’m not bashing her. I love Emilia, she’s a sweetheart, adorable and funny. However, a great actress she is not. She’s decent, watchable.
            Same for Peter Dinklage. Although he is a great actor, that hasn’t been the case for the past few seasons on GoT. I cannot take that stupid fake accent of his anymore! Alfie Allen has been so good yet he is consistently being ignored.

• DC says:

She really really doesn’t. Clarke seems like a lovely young woman, but she has a limited acting range at best, and her continued nominations for these things are ridiculously undeserved.

• Wouter says:

I fully agree with ceecllex, i don;t mean to bash the other actors, but i am just so tired of seeing all the countless of good actors on the show being overlooked by Emilia and Peter. They get nominated whether they had a good storyline or not. It’s as if the Emmy voters just pick the nominations without even watching the footage first. Have they even seen the later seasons?

• julia says:

I believe GoT is getting it’s dues..Emilia and Peter are incredible actors and every season you can always count on a sold performance.Taking for example just the episode their characters (Daenarys & Tyrion) officially met and conversed..those two initial conversations deserve nominations just by themselves..they were simply some of the most outstanding scenes of the season…
            of course there are other actors deserving of nominations on the show but that should not take away from Emilia & Peter.

• Jooshua says:

The repeated John Noble for Fringe snubs will haunt my soul forever.

• Alexa says:

Same. And now I will add the repeated snubs for Matthew Rhys and Keri Russell to that haunting list :(

• BrightLight says:

I agree with both of you. When I think of John Noble I automatically think of “Why was he never nominated?” and it continues to amaze me how Matthew, Keri and the show get overlooked each year. While I’m happy with another Margo nomination, I really want them to recognize the two leads and the show. Honestly I thought Keri would get nommed this year over Tatiana since Tat had less material in these episodes than the other two seasons. (It wasn’t worse material, just less airtime.) That being said, I’m over the moon she got nominated because it’s hard for sci-fi based shows to get that.

• Temperance says:

Ditto. It was proof beyond refute that the Emmy system is complete nonsense.

• Nerdbot says:

I was thinking the same thing. I mean, I’m not upset anymore about Fringe being snubbed (I was at the time, so much,) but Tatiana’s nomination for doing what Anna Torv did brilliantly years ago is cool anyway. I hope she wins (although she’s competing against other great actresses,) so next year more people from sci-fi shows get nominated.

• mika says:

I really really really don’t understand why Modern Family keeps on getting nominated. It stopped being funny at least 3 or 5 years ago. Only Ty Burrell deserves his nomination because without him the show would be unwatchable.

• Dani says:

I’m happy for her getting recognized, but I now think Taraji P. Henson should win because while other great actresses had better writing to work with (Tatiana, Viola, etc.), Taraji took what could have easily been a disaster character and made people fall in love. She should win. I was going with Viola until I thought of that. I agree about John Noble, btw. Anna, not so much.

2. Caiti says:

It always bothers me that TWD gets no love. Yes the writing is meh, but Andrew Lincoln is a god among men, and I want to bathe him in gold. I mean…. gold emmys.

• You can ban Showtime, HBO, Netflix and the rest of AMC and Andrew Lincoln still wouldn’t deserve an Emmy nomination.

• PISSED says:

Have you even watched TWD? His performance and development from season 1 to season 5 is truley outstanding. He gets crazier every season and his acting never disappoints.

• Yes, I have. I won’t call The Walking Dead a good show, although over the years they’ve had some crazy episodes.

It’s a tough situation to judge because there’s really no barometer as to how a human being would react in a zombie people are going to have differing apocalypse. Because of that, a lot of opinions on the acting in these shows is going to differ.

• flower_petals says:

He at least deserves a nod. He’s been phenomenal over the years.

• BG says:

Truely Most of those nominated shows and actors, I have not watched and do not know who they are. An awards show to miss. Since it was the last season for Glee, I think it should have been nominated in some category. It’s individual production numbers alone, have given many pleasure. There should also be a category for best, renovation show. I’d nominated Property Brothers, Flip or Flop, Fixer Upper, etc..

• mary says:

I like the idea of renovations show-they have enough of them.

• Britt says:

I love Glee but really? I hate that when a show gets cancelled, they get nominated for everything and mediocre actors get nominated just because it’s the last season.

And I agree, these nominations seem so “let’s like it cuz everybody does but we don’t actually watch it’. I can name at least five funnier comedies. But they’re not hip enough.

• robandco says:

The big Glee fan that I am agrees with you 100%. The last season (heck, the last 3 seasons) did not deserved any award whatsoever. Only Naya Rivera could have been nominated as a supporting actress for that amazing monologue about Kurt in the first couple of episode. But then again, still not Emmy worthy.

• Tammy says:

Property Brothers did get nominated, you need to read the FULL list of nominees …. STRUCTURED REALITY PROGRAM

“Antiques Roadshow”
        “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives”
        “MythBusters”
        “Property Brothers”
        “Shark Tank”
        “Undercover Boss”

3. Sarah says:

Tatiana FINALLY gets her nomination, so happy for her!

4. Joey says:

No need to complain, since Tatiana finally got nominated.

5. Jackie says:

The Americans and The Affair getting totally shut out?! Grumble, grumble, grumble…

6. Christian says:

Of course Gina Rodriguez gets screwed. I hate you emmys!

7. Mike says:

Finally, Tatiana!!!!

But holyf****ck no love for THE AMERICANS. JIM PARSONS. BLOODLINE!

8. Yes for Tatiana. I was kind of expecting Ellen Pompeo nod, but I’m still happy

9. Esaul says:

I love that none of the major broadcast networks have a nomination for Outstanding Actor in a Drama.

• Esaul says:

It furthers the notion that a.) Shows are more diversified. b.) broadcast hasn’t been must watch tv in quite some time (at least to me).

• Erika says:

So that means a broadcast networks is sucks?

• Joey says:

Most broadcast television is terrible. They are very capable of producing quality television, but unfortunately, right now, for the most part, they aren’t.

• leia says:

Quality is subjective, what make you laugh might not even bring a smile to someone elses face. Drama, well if you like perversion and bloodletting, or not, king Lear modernized for a viewer who doesn’t even know who Shakespeare is, by the way Lee Daniels real classy response, to Empire not getting the drama nod, Sci fi posing as real drama, showing the lowest of human behavior instead of the best, as drama so we can further decay the human condition, hey well there you are.

• David says:

And, once again, no nominees in the outstanding drama series category. Since the nets can’t win this year, it means no broadcast network win for drama series since 2006 — 9 Years!!!

• they broadcast only ****, so…

10. jimbo says:

I really like Homeland and House of Cards but their last respective seasons weren’t outstanding at all. Should’ve given the nom to a show like The Americans or The Affair this year imho.

11. Jennifer says:

Complete and utter BS. Again, there needs to be separation between cable (Netflix, et al) and network. No love for any network shows, with few exceptions? Utter BS. The acting on the network shows has been stellar. AND NOT EVERYONE CAN GET (or even wants) NETFLIX, OR CABLE, OR ANY OF IT.

• Whatevah says:

I agree

• dys says:

Whether or not they can get those things is irrelevant to the fact that if they quality is good, they are likely to be nominated. If they go with your idea then they’d have to double the categories and add an extra couple of hours to an already bloated show. Best cable/netflix drama, then actor, actress, the two supporting, plus writing and directing. Then the same for comedy. Meanwhile, even though network shows would get more love, there would be plenty of complaints about some shows only getting nominations for the sake of filling a slot and others would contradict that by complaining about any omissions that happen even with the added chance of being nominated.

It’s a no win situation.

• Erika says:

I agree.Nominated a lot of the cable shows on Emmy’s these days are in fact…overrated and too much.Emmy HATES network shows.

• So, if the acting, writing, directing, casting, etc. is better on cable/Netflix shows, we shouldn’t award them? Or we should separate them and water down the honor of winning? What network show would even want to be able to say we won the “Best Drama Series” category … but only amongst networks. There would be little to no distinction left.

Maybe if network shows did better (or at least fully supported their efforts to do better) things would look different. Cable and streaming are winning because they are willing to take chances with storytelling and not placate the most common denominator.

I love me some network shows, but I’m not daft enough to say “Why didn’t that show I love” get nominated when I know there is better elsewhere.

• Ashley says:

I agree…somewhat. The reason why so many shows are from cable and Netflix is because of the creative freedom they give to their creators. Networks need the ratings and they resort to stupid ploys (pregnancies, murders, break-ups, make-ups, etc.) to entice viewers that ultimately make a previously nominated show a sloppy mess (Scandal, Glee, etc.). I agree that the acting in some shows is great (and that is reflected in the nominations of actors), but in terms of having a whole other separate category just for network would be too much and bring the value of the award down. Even Mindy Kailing has spoken out about the independence she gains by moving from Fox to Hulu. If networks want to get more nominations, they should create better content and have it not be heavily influenced by ratings.

• Jennifer says:

Network TV is tied by advertising dollars. Which means, if there are no ratings, there are no $$$. Someone said it earlier, it’s a no win situation. Network TV has excellent content. It’s just overlooked.

• Margie says:

Where are the best shows on TV?
      Blacklist, Scandal, Blue Bloods, Madame Secretary……
      I again will NOT be watching the Emmy Awards. I don’t have Showtime Netflix so my resources are network shows. Why has this changed so drastically.

• Brittney says:

You are probably on the wrong website if you are complaining about not having cable or Netflix. Jus’ saying’…….

• Chris says:

They give awards to the best shows out there, how you watch them is not their concern.

• Tammy says:

You know, there are a lot of people who have gone all streaming so they watch more Netflix, HBO and Amazon than anything else. I was reading an article on how ESPN’s viewers are down millions because of how many people have cut the cable out and gone all streaming. If it wasn’t for sports, we would do it too.

• Spence says:

I don’t want to sound elitist or anything, but I truly find non-network shows are just plain better. Nearly 80% of the program’s I watch are non-network shows because the fact is, in a lot of cases, network shows just don’t compare. There’s a reason why Network shows don’t get nominated, and it’s because only a select few shows (like the ones that already have been nominated) deserve to be nominated.

• Kim R says:

I agree. How they can compare shows that have different regulations baffles my mind. I never watch the Primetime Emmys anymore, not because I don’t watch some of the cable shows nominated but because it is such an uneven playing field that it doesn’t feel like a fair fight.

12. julia says:

Thank goodness that Julianna Margulies or TGW is not nominated.

13. Court says:

Tatiana! Finally.

But booo to no Outlander, The Americans, The Affair, and Masters of Sex.

• Cheryl says:

Well, at least Outlander is in stellar company with all the “really deserve a nomination” group. Golden Globes?

• Court says:

Yeah it’s really a shame because the show is amazing, but above all else the acting is incredible. How could anyone watch Sam in the last two episodes and not nominate him? His performance was haunting. And Cait truly carried the show, she put her all into this role. I have hope for a GG nomination this year though.

• Holly says:

No kidding! I was expecting at least ONE for Outlander, but 3 would have been great. But not one? Ugh. I’ve never even watched one of the top dramas.

• meagan says:

I agree. Never been so shocked before that Sam didn’t get a nomination, he was a no brainier to me. I haven’t seen acting that well on TV-ever. I know a lot of people do not get Starz, but if one did get the opportunity to watch it, I would find it hard to believe they would argue against him getting the nomination-or win for that matter. SHAME….

• Natalie Quinn says:

How is it even possible that Outlander got no noms? Did they not bribe the right people? Sam Heugen was frickin amazing!

• Will says:

MoS Season 2 was awful (compared to S1). Not surprised.

• Court says:

I agree that S2 wasn’t really that good but “Fight” was an outstanding episode. Lizzy Caplan, in particular, is incredible on that show. Always. Also, Julianne Nicholson was wonderful.

14. MzTeaze says:

So no love for Justified either?

• JM says:

I know. I’m so upset, because this was their final season. A great show that got absolutely NO recognition.
      Also, where is Bates Motel??? Another great show overlooked.

15. OUAT should be nominated for Outstanding Drama Series.

16. No Ellie Kemper nominations? What, were the Emmy voters living in a bunker all year or something?

• Joey says:

Can we get Tituss Burgess to come out on the Emmy stage and sing Peeno Noir to get them to change their minds? :P

• Joey says:

Just checking, but he did get a nomination for Supporting Actor, so at least that’s good for the show. Ellie Kemper was really good though and deserved a nomination as well.

• robandco says:

Jane Krakowski got one too. I don’t understand why Ellie Kemper didn’t get a nomination. Maybe next season!!

17. Ron says:

Of those currently known: I’m super excited for Tatiana and Amy P!!!!! Love those two. (I’m really pulling for an Amy Poehler win. She deserves it.) And I’m so glad Parks & Rec got an nomination for best comedy. In terms of “outrage,” I’m really meh about AHS: FS getting nominated. Not an amazing season. And Downton Abbey wasn’t worthy of a nomination this year.

18. No TBBT in comedy? pppbbbttt

• julia says:

This may be the beginning of the end for TBBT Emmy/awards love.

• Temperance says:

Agreed. No Big Bang, and the presence of the black hole of comedy (Veep, and the never funny in her whole life Louis-Dreyfuss?). Ugh. Nonsense.

• robandco says:

Well, you’re entitled to your own opinion. I do not know if you watch Veep (I guess not because of your obvious thing against JLD) but it completely deserves all the critical acclaim it receives. The show is extremely well written, and the cast is amazing hence the several nominations AND awards the show and the cast has received over the years.

19. zac says:

I actually fist pumped when Tatiana’s name was called. So happy for her. Hope she wins. And sadly no love for Gina and Jane the Virgin

20. Amanda says:

Happy for Better Call Saul love and Kyle Chandler for Bloodline, but Justified and Outlander were snubbed IMO.

21. I don’t actually care, but I’m surprised Jim Parsons got left out for The Big Bang Theory.

22. Gabriel Anthony says:

Well Julianna, you lost your nom when you were such a bitch about Archie this year and with THAT lame CGI scene on the finale. Hope you’re enjoying your defeat.

23. krbmjb says:

Where is the rest of the list?

• herman1959 says:

The announcements just started less than an hour ago. As stated above, they are being reported as they come in – just wait.

24. julia says:

…Loving Viola Davis, Taraji & Matt Leblanc nominations
    Was hoping to see Charlie Hunnam & Vera Farmiga

25. Court says:

Just realized Gina Rodrigues wasn’t nominated. That’s a shame.

26. trainwreck says:

Aaaaaaand… The Americans have been robbed AGAIN of nominations! :@

• I’ve actually seen a couple, they got one for outstanding guest actress for Margo Martindale, and they got a nom for Outstanding Writing in a Drama Series

• trainwreck says:

but zilch in the major acting categories! Both Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys have been doing an amazing job for the last three years and Emmy has been snubbing them! The show it self is the most exciting thing i get to watch in entire year other than GoT. Major Snub IMO!

• Mark says:

Holly Taylor this year was excellent and should have been up for best supporting actress – as her story in Americans was the main story-line

27. It’s boring, because if you don’t have HBO, you don’t see a lot of these shows. I’m fortunate that I can see OITNB on Netflix, and love it. I don’t watch House Of Cards at all. There are so many people that don’t relate to these shows, because they don’t get them…like Downton Abbey for one, and it’s normally these shows that win.

28. Nick says:

Really hope Amy Poehler takes it home this year.

29. e says:

No nomination for Vera Farmiga. I love taraji and robin but she couldve replaced either one of those.

30. Denise Rambo says:

Tatiana Maslany – YES! FINALLY!

31. Amber says:

Are you kidding me? No nominations for Outlander at all? Unbelievable.

32. Joey Padron says:

so happy Bob & Better Call Saul got their first Emmy nomination! and Will Forte as well! so happy Parks and Recreation finally got nominated for Best Comedy Series!

• Ryan says:

This season really was fantastic. I think it was honestly probably the best one of the show. Each episode was better than the last. It really doesn’t get enough credit. I know the others push boundaries, and they are funny, but given that P&R is on a major network and has those confines to work within I think they did amazing, fantastic work and come on, just give them all the awards so I can get a Ron Swanson speech!

33. jen says:

Nothing for Sons of Anarchy?? Not surprised b/c they never get the respect they deserve but their final season was fantastic

34. Katie T says:

Love that Tatiana and Taraji were nominated. Gutted there’s no nom for Gina Rodriguez though

35. Eric7740 says:

No Kerry Washington???!!! Now thats a SCANDAL!!!

• julia says:

You are kidding right…

• Eric7740 says:

Not joking at all, the Emmys had an opportunity to make history and have 3 african american women nominated, and of course they don’t do it. And don’t get me wrong I love Elisabeth Moss and I’m a huge fan of her work on Mad Men, but she was not a lead actress this season, she was more supporting. Her spot should have gone to Kerry, who should have won 2 years ago for her stellar work in season 2 of Scandal, but now she’ll probably never be nominated again.

• Jessica says:

That’s because Scandal was really not great this year (hence the falling ratings), definitely nothing Emmy worthy.

• julia says:

This past season was rubbish to say the least and Kerry did not hold a candle to any of these ladies nominated…1st & 2nd season were Kerry’s strongest seasons…

• Fortunately, we don’t live in the same racist bubble you do. How about you judge the actors based on their talent and not skin color?

• Okay Dude says:

If actors were being judged on their talent, the entire cast of downtown abbey wouldn’t be here.

• Downton is one of the few shows I don’t watch so I can’t comment. I will say a lot of the cast had acclaim before this show, which you can view one of two ways: 1) They’re just rewarding big and “safe” names or 2) They actually are good actors and continue to be good on this show.

• Eliza says:

Be honest , Scandal since season 3 was down , et please do not talk about season 4 . the show runner did not give Kerry the material to even be nominated this year.

36. Margo says:

YES!! Tatiana! Viola! Taraji! Finally, the Emmy gets SOMETHING right! So happy for these ladies! And Tatiana…Canada…represent! :P I feel like….it should be a three way tie and they should all walk away with an award….it doesn’t seem right to have only one winner!

37. Mr. Tran K says:

Great to see Homeland back in the Outstanding Drama Series category after last year’s disappointment and I’m very happy to see Tatiana Maslany finally get an Emmy nomination for her amazing performance in Orphan Black (YAY!!).

38. katedfw says:

No Sons of Anarchy? BOOO!!!!!!

39. Diane miller says:

Can’t believe not one nomination for Outlander. This is a disgrace to the Emmy committee. Where have they been living, on Mars?? Same old crap. Except for Game of Thrones.

• janandshawn says:

I one million percent agree. Outlander is one of the best shows on television, and filled to the brim with fantastic, deserving actors. I am shocked at its complete absence from this list. Let’s hope the Golden Globes prove differentl.

• Angel Sawle says:

Bear McCreary was nominated for best score. Well deserved. Wish there were more nominations for Outlander though.

• Boo7797 says:

Bear McCreary was nominated for best score. At least that is something. And well deserved.

40. Loretta says:

Clapped & cheered at work when I saw that Tatiana was finally nominated!
    #cloneclub

41. tnareau says:

You have Got to be kidding….NO OUTLANDER…NO SAM HEUGHAN….RIDICULOUS!

42. Jess says:

So so thrilled for Tatiana and Amy Poehler.

43. Alisha says:

Amy Poehler & Parks & Rec!!! SOO happy.. Hope they FINALLY win!!

44. Priscilla Ramirez says:

I don’t get how Julianna Marguilies won last year, but wasn’t nominated again. She is an amazing actress.

45. Margo says:

Did they really just rob GIna Rodriguez of a nomination?!?! Unbelievable! I guess they figured they could ONLY shake it up in one category for the year…and since they did so for Best Actress (Drama)….they’ve used up their one! So disappointing. She won the GG for crying out loud!! :(

46. Chloe Leigh says:

I’m happy for Tatiana but no love for The Big Bang Theory or Jim Parsons??!?!!!!

47. Diane miller says:

No Nominations for Outlander, this is a disgrace!!

48. Joey says:

I need someone to prove to me that Emilia Clarke deserves to keep getting Emmy nominations.

49. Mandi7882 says:

Outrage..so far..so far not all are up yet…nothing substantial for Game of Thrones?!?! It’s one of the only shows I make it a point to watch. Lots of Netflix shows I never watch anywhere, and I didn’t see the Saul show spinoff from Breaking Bad although I’ve been waiting for it.

• CK2 says:

What do you mean nothing substantial for GoT? In the categories announced earlier it was only eligible for Drama Series since the actors don’t submit in the lead category. In the expanded list, it got nominations for series, writing, 4 acting nods (headey, clarke, dinklage, rigg), directing, and probably some in the special effects.

50. Kats782 says:

Seriously?! No Outlander Nods? NONE?! This is some bullcrap if I’ve ever seen some.