Fall TV Preview
Vampire Diaries Season 7 Cast

Vampire Diaries Casts Heretic Trio in Season 7, Including Same-Sex Couple

Say hello to the women who are going to make the Salvatores’ lives even more of a living hell on The Vampire Diaries next season.

Last month, TVLine revealed that a trio of terrors was coming to Mystic Falls, and now — per our sister publication Variety — we can put faces to those names.

Scarlett Byrne (Falling Skies) and Teressa Liane (Neighbours) will play heretics Nora and Mary Louise, the show’s first same-sex couple. Both women are extremely powerful and fiercely protective of one another — a lethal combination for anyone who might decide to cross them.

Of course, it sounds like neither of them can hold a candle to Valerie, played by Elizabeth Blackmore (Legend of the Seeker). Despite being a member of Lily’s “family,” she’s having none of Mama Salvatore’s peaceful approach to change, largely because of the struggles she’s faced in her own life.

(For reference, the order in which the ladies appear from left to right in the photo above are Byrne, Liane and Blackmore.)

Your thoughts on Season 7’s newest additions? Watch our latest interview with the cast, then sound off in a comment below.

1. Josh says:

Hot lesbian couple!!

• Lizzy says:

Wouldn’t mind seeing if Stefan and Valerie have chemistry. I wanted to like the best friends romance because I love Stefan and Caroline but the chemistry just isn’t there.

2. Chris says:

Gross. Not into it.

3. julia says:

…they’ll be introduced, then killed off as quickly as they came in…meh! not bothered either way

4. Ram510 says:

This sounds terrible which is why I gave up on this show seasons ago.

5. Riana says:

Who are these people? Couldn’t they have spent some money since they didn’t have to pay Nina anymore?

6. JJ says:

Ugh. Can they please add some diversity to this show??

• julia says:

True..

• Lizo says:

Especially when they continue to keep sidelining their only character of colour. Every season I feel like I’m yelling out for ‘more Bonnie’ every time lol

• Nona says:

Agree let see also more of Matt he had also been sidelined for like 2 seasons. I want to see Matt to have a more key role this season and mingle more with the other cast members. Last season he was more away from his friends than close. Lets have less romantic stuff or to a minimum and more vampire and magic themes. Expand the stories not just stick with now Steroline that is tiring already

• tvjunkie says:

So adding a gay couple is not adding diversity? You liberals crack me up.

7. Lizo says:

It is a shame how TVD has had a complete lack of queer characters. Even before Willow came out on Buffy, the show writers/actors had a fun time suggesting the polyamourous nature of vampires. I was always disappointed that VD didn’t at least try and queer bait. The concept of “heterosexuality” just isn’t congruent when you’re dealing with vampires.

8. Nona says:

Since I dont want Caroline and Stephan to be together beause I always believe they worked together better as friends not as a romantic couple and besides I dont know why the writers or the EP were dragging this for them to become a couple and Carolines mother’s death was the lame excuse to put them together. I rather see Stephan hook up with one of these new 3 female vampires I think Stephan will look so much better pair up with one of the new female vampires, especially the one who is not a lesbian in this case Valerie. That be more interesting to see than Caroline and Stephan. I mean let Caroline find another type of guy, a different one, someone who blew her mind away so he can forget Stephan for once and just remain friends. Take a differnt turn in this

• Molly says:

Not gonna happen. They have spent years building up Stefan and Caroline and they’re not going to just toss that away in a few episodes. Stefan and Caroline love each other and will most likely be end game!

9. ABG. says:

Pansy Parkinson!! #HPfan.

Still haven’t finished S6 but I’m curious about the show without Elena.

10. Tamara Joseph says: