Peter Krause The Catch

Parenthood's Peter Krause Joins Shonda Rhimes' Catch as Male Lead

The Catch has hooked another big fish.

Parenthood vet Peter Krause has signed on to replace NCIS‘ Damon Dayoub as the male lead opposite Mireille Enos in Shonda Rhimes’ latest ABC drama, TVLine has learned.

The Catch — which is set to bow at midseason — centers on Alice, a successful fraud investigator (Enos) who’s about to be the victim of fraud herself by her fiancé Kieran (Krause). Between her cases, she is determined to find him before it ruins her career.

Hannibal scribe Jennifer Schuur will pen the pilot, which is based on an idea by novelist Kate Atkinson and Helen Gregory.

Krause is, of course, coming off a six-season run on NBC’s Parenthood. The Catch brings him back into the ABC fold for the first time since Dirty Sexy Money‘s cancellation in 2009.

1. Heather says:

Why was Damon replaced? Just curious.

• ScottJ says:

He has a recurring role on Stitchers, and that’s just been renewed for a second season. Think he’s been in 5 of the 6 episodes so far, so he’s practically a series regular.

• tsevca says:

I think I read it when they said both his role and the role of his wife would be recasted. I think they said they wanted the roles to be played differently, something like this. And the decision was announced before the original actor got promoted on Stitchers.

2. Deion says:

It seems to serve the story to have the guy be more age appropriate. The other guy was hot, but I’m not sure I believed he could take in a seasoned fraud investigator. She would have seen him coming a mile away.

3. Eric says:

Dang it, now I have to watch this.

4. Jenna says:

This is sounding better!

5. Eric7740 says:

Well, I was going to watch regardless because it’s a Shonda show, but then they dropped Bethany Lenz and I thought, I probably won’t watch now because I really don’t care for the lead actress. But now that Peter has joined, I’m back in!!! Loved him on Six Feet Under, Dirty Sexy Money, and Parenthood!!! Whatever Peter is starring in, I’m watching!!!

6. Al says:

Major upgrade in terms of acting though the other guy was hotter. I would take acting over looks though.

7. Dennis says:

He’s not hot though :/

8. Juan says:

Wow this just got super awesome.

9. dj says:

Always good to see Peter Krause on any show

10. jimbo says:

Mireille Enos AND Peter Krause? I said hot damn, that’s a great combo.

11. Cassie says:

So what are they gonna do – reshoot the entire Pilot? Or just start with the new people. Because there are 2 major players being replaced. Not sure I get the recasting.

• Steven says:

They’re probably just going to reshoot the scenes with the new actors.

• herman1959 says:

Obviously, they will reshoot. I have to say, Peter Krause seems more believable as the guy that would have the brains to scam a fraud investigator. I’ll take a look.

12. Steven says:

He’s a great actor! Definite improvement!

13. Laurie says:

I’ll watch. Loved her in The Killing, and Peter on Parenthood

14. Sue says:

With these 2 as leads plus Shonda, I’m in!!!

15. Claree says:

Why would they replace an attractive young actor for someone who’s waaaay older and not even that good looking?

• smartysenior says:

The other guy was drop dead beautiful so you could see why an older plainer woman like her would flip out for him. I do, however, believe that top actors can make or break a show and Peter K. is certainly one of the more believable and talented actors so I’m giving this a look.

• But it didn’t give her any smarts if she was taken in by a 20 something dishy guy but was supposed to be this amazing fraud investigator. That would smack of how The Blacklist’s Liz is supposed to be an expert criminal profiler but she can’t find her own shoes in the morning without Reddington. Mirelle Enos plays intelligent, complicated, brilliant women so the recasting here means she’ll play another one and just because Peter Krause isn’t in his 20s doesn’t mean he’s not hot. He’s a total fox.

• Perhaps they are more concerned about writing a compelling drama than they are about making you wet.

16. Mr. Tran K says:

Great to see Peter Krause back on prime time TV and his first post Parenthood gig this time in a Shonda Rhimes produced series. I’m surprised that Krause is back in the ABC family for years since Dirty Sexy Money (Greg Berlanti was one of the producers of that series) got canceled and was Sports Night another series that was on ABC at the time?

17. Projekt domu energooszczędnego uwzględnia maksymalny pobór energii z
    zewnątrz przy jak największym ograniczeniu strat ciepła.

18. Xena says:

Interesting…

19. sammy says:

In the words of the Late and Not so Great Victoria Grayson: I approve! He looks like he can go toe to toe with Merielle than the other guy. They should have him on another show.

20. maltru says:

Now that Peter Krause is playing the fake fiancee, I wonder who will replace Bethany Lenz. I assume they’ll cast someone a bit older than her to match Peter’s age range, but after re-watching the pilot, I feel like it kind of messes with the dynamic of the show. Having a younger couple scam her seemed to add insult to injury; having seasoned con artists scam her isn’t AS bad.

21. Ray says:

I’ve liked Peter Krause ever since Six Feet Under, but what was wrong with Damon Dayoub?

22. HAP says:

Krause has been in hundreds of TV episodes on a bunch of different shows, starting with Carol And Company back in 1990. But his cinema footprint is extremely small. Wonder why. And btw, he turns 50 next month.

23. Joey Padron says:

Happy Peter is coming back to TV soon after Parenthood!

24. Mary says:

I guess they going with a more mature cast, BJL and Damon look young next to him

25. Fantastic News! Love Peter Krause!

26. anadolusecure says:

27. Ram510 says:

Glad to see him back on tv but I don’t know if this role is right for him. But I guess we’ll see how it all works out

28. tsevca says:

I´m not saying I´m a big fan of the original actor, but at least he had a charisma for it. Krause doesn´t. I have nothing against him, but the boldness and charisma to seduce woman to conn her, it just isn´t in him.