Comic-Con

Orphan Black Cast & EPs Talk Paul's Ultimate Fate, Season 4 Love Forecast

Is Orphan Black resurrecting Hot Paul?!

Actor Dylan Bruce’s presence at TVLine’s Comic-Con interview suite at the Hard Rock Hotel had our Michael Ausiello hoping for a miracle. But alas, the man who seduced not one, but three clones is staying dead. “This is kind of my farewell tour,” Bruce explained.

With Paul a goner and Cal in Iceland, Sarah’s love life is looking pretty bleak at the moment. But Season 4 could change all that.

“She deserves a little [romance],” co-creator Graeme Manson teased. “That’s not a terrible idea.” (Speaking of matters of the heart, Jordan Gavaris would also like some lovin’ for Felix.)

As for what else the upcoming season holds, co-creator John Fawcett promised “a little bit of a reset” at the start. “We want Season 4 to have a little bit of a feel of Season 1 again,” he added.

The cast and creators also talked Sarah’s newfound blood relationship to Mrs. S, twerking as a coping mechanism and the lost clone they’ll miss most.

Press PLAY to watch it all unfold.

1. abz says:

It’s such a weird feeling sometimes because in my mind I know Tatiana plays all of them but while I watch the interview it feels like there’s actors that are missing. lol
    I feel like a Leda clone will die next year. Let it be Rachel, because I’m willing to give up the rest. Even Krystal, I’m eager to see more. Also, I like their tease for season 4. I hope we get more interactions with the seestras next season because they were separated a lot this season

• Margo says:

I agree with the comment about feeling like actors are missing. It really does feel like there should be 4 or 5 other actresses there…shes just so good, you forget they ain’t real people…its only ONE. I just binged watch season 1-3 over the past two weeks…so I am quite new to the Orphan Black world….so looking forward to season 4…so far away :(

2. Andy says:

And here I thought I’d start watching the show again. Paul was so misused until his last episode. Looks like if he stays dead so does my viewing of Orphan Black. Sad :)

• Jess says:

Ugh but Paul was kinda useless the whole time. His only use was looking pretty. And you can’t deny Cal is prettier.

3. silver fox says:

Can’t bring myself to watch it with Paul gone. Its such a good show and still is. But I loved his character so much, one of the most interesting ones. I don’t think they explored his character enough. He wasn’t used enough last 2 seasons. I really hope they bring him back somehow. His chemistry with Tatiana was amazing. I feel like they’re introducing too many new things and not using great stuff they already had. #bringpaulback

4. arianeb says:

Dylan Bruce has already signed up for Heroes Reborn, but I would not be surprised to see him back in some flashback capacity in a future episode. If they really are going down the rabbit hole again, some “Beth” scenes are inevitable.

• Jax&Juice's Girl says:

Yeah, I a gut feeling Paul will return but in flashbacks only. I mean come on now how can he come back he blew himself up and was shot 2-3 times

5. Joey says:

I still can’t comprehend how anyone can like Paul past the “eye candy” coefficient. His character is bland, and unfortunately Dylan Bruce is a pretty wooden actor. As far as his last episode went, he did a good job with it, but his other scene partners typically act circles around him.

• Hali says:

I agree. Paul was dull and boring. I don’t get people who ship Sarah and Paul. No chemistry at all. She clearly disliked him all through S2 and S3. She re-found her love with Cal and they have a bond no one can take away. I love seeing them together. I hope they give Cal more to do next season.

• Corinne says:

I agree Paul’s character was all wooden acting, being in the same show Tatiana showed what a terrible he was. Also he was the reason Beth killed herself , how can you like a guy like that . Glad he’s gone !!!!! Save Delphine !!!!!

6. Ugonna Wosu says:

Paul wasn’t a good character anyway, kind of a jackass who admitted he never loved Beth in the end, and we were supposed to swoon about that because of Sarah. All I could think is he’s the reason Beth killed herself and doesn’t seem to feel bad about it. Bye loser, your hero moment sucked since the bad guys lived and you’re the only one who died.

• Ugonna Wosu says:

I don’t get it either, he hasn’t been a big part of the show in two years. Sarah is seeing Kira’s dad, and they have much more chemistry than she and Paul ever did.

• Eden says:

I especially hated his comment about not loving Beth. That just seemed so insincere and mean. He spent almost no time with Sarah and we should believe he loved her? Just no. I for one am glad he bit the dust.

7. Jared says:

During every episode of Orphan Black I almost have to remind myself that Tatiana is playing all of the clone characters because she is honestly that good. Although I really like Dylan Bruce, I was never much of a fan of his character so I wont really miss him too much in S4.

8. Mekhi says: