Comic-Con

Supernatural @ Comic-Con: The Winchesters Reunite, Fan Faves Return and More Season 11 Scoop

Supernatural Season 11 Spoilers

Supernatural fans, say thanks to The Darkness — because it will bring the Winchesters back together in Season 11.

“We’re really proud of last season,” executive producer Jeremy Carver said at the show’s Comic-Con panel on Sunday. “We had a lot of intensely personal character stories. This year, we are going to have a little bit more of an epic feel with a Big Bad and a real quest for the brothers to unite.

“It’s like pre-biblical story that’s never been told,” the EP continued. “Most importantly, I feel like the brothers are going to be really, really united in their need to take this thing down.”

That was good news to stars Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki’s ears, who both expressed excitement about having the brothers on the same team.

“I think we’ll beat [The Darkness] because we’re not the Losechesters,” Padalecki joked before adding, “I’m happy to see them teaming up.”

Following the release of the epic evil, “now we’re left with the cleanup,” Ackles previewed. “Now it’s figuring out how to deal with the decisions we have made. What I like about where we’re going is the brothers are united, similar to Season 1, when we were looking for dad. We’re back to normal so to speak and we have a common target.”

More highlights from the SDCC panel:

* Some fan favorites will return, “but they’re coming back in surprising ways,” so Carver couldn’t share any more details.

* Asked if there will be more atypical hours like the meta installments, EP Andrew Dabb hinted at “something really fun” in Episode 4.

* Castiel will be united with the boys against the Big Bad.

* “I’m pretty dead,” Mark Sheppard said of Crowley’s future. (Suuuure.) “It’s been an amazing journey. I showed up as a guest star, kissing a very tall man under a bridge.”

* As for why Felicia Day’s Charlie was killed off, Carver said they have to take the story where it goes. And given that it’s Supernatural, “people die on the show,” he explained. “If we do our job right, people fall in love with the characters.” Ackles added that the character was originally slated for just one episode, so “we should be thankful for the time we got to spend with her.”

Excited about these Season 11 teases? Sound off below!

1. Melissa says:

The only problem I have with this story line (which really remains to be seen) is if they have the Winchesters defeat the Darkness on their own merits. That is to say, without any angelic help. It was stated clearly that when the darkness was defeated the first time that it took God and his archangels to defeat it….are you going to tell me that the Winchesters rank up there with God now? Now if Chuck, who is supposed to have been said to be God, plays a significant role in wrangling the darkness again, then I have no problem. But as I said, if they attempt to raise the Winchesters (great and awesome guys that they are) up to the level of gods then I’ll have a lukewarm love for the season no matter how awesome it may turn out to be.

• Patrick says:

Having defeated the Darkness once, I imagine that God would leave some sort of apparatus in place if it ever had to be done again. There is potential for a road trip to find some artifacts, or complete some tasks, to beat the darkness. Very similar to S1.

• Tracy says:

Excellent point! Plus, Dean killed Death – does that mean Dean is now Death? Wasn’t Death heavily involved in taking down the Darkness the last time? Wouldn’t Dean or the new Death be helpful this go round?

• connie says:

If Death dies, nobody can die. Tessa said she gets the list from Death and she collects them.
          People are dying all over the place…hence Death’s not dead; he can’t even take a holiday.

• Preston says:

My theory regarding Death’s “death” is that people can still died they just can’t move on to heaven or hell or purgatory. Ghosts would be harder to defeat–salting and burning the bones wouldn’t work. Just guessing of course.

• wrencollins says:

C’mon, wait til the series actually starts first. They’ve never tried to idealise their heroes and there’s no reason why they should now. This would in fact be the perfect excuse to bring back Chuck. And there’ll definitely be angelic assistance involved at the very least.

• There will be angelic help if for no other reason than Misha Collins is a regular, and seemingly more fans like him that the Winchester boys.

• Chad says:

The darkness came before everything didnt it? God and his angels fought it back. It wasn’t until after it was defeated that man kind came to be if I understood correctly. One thing we have learned from the show is that mankind has more potential than any other living thing. They kind of ended his story line but don’t forget we had people like Samuel colt who not only built a devils trap using a railway system, but he built a gun that can kill everything except (5?) Things in existence. I don’t find it hard to believe that the winchester could find a way to stop the darkness without the help of the heavens. Especially now that they have the men of letters bunker. The answer may not be in the bunker but it is possible they could come up with new methods to fight the darkness. The men Of letters were all about research and experimentation like that. We have seen vampirism and demonism cured. Control of a vessel wrestled from Lucifer grip. Beasts that God feared enough to lock in purgatory killed. All of this was by the hands of man.

• Ronnie says:

I WANT BOBBY!!! sorry Melissa, seemed the only place to voice my comment. Can’t seem to find anywhere other to comment. So…. We NEED to have Bobby back!!!!! He was sooo AWESOME!!! And maybe Dad too. Really do miss them Both :)

2. wrencollins says:

Fan favourites will return… hmm. Gabriel? Chuck? This is all very intriguing…

3. Carrie says:

Season 11 and I’m still excited about this show. October seems so far away.

4. Arthur says:

“Castiel will be united with the boys against the big bad.”

As it should be! Those three against the world is the height of things for me. Love that little family – Team Free Will is unstoppable. :)

5. Laura says:

Not a fan of Charlie but I would love to see Bobby, Rufus and Big Daddy W back!

6. Tracy says:

Season 11 sounds wonderful – can’t wait until October! Bummed if Crowley is really gone but glad the boys are working together and Cas is still with them! Love the Dean and Cas friendship! Hoping we see Bobby, Jo, Ellen, Gabriel and Chuck return!

7. Damian says:

“We’re really proud of last season”. I bet he is! He can’t handle the darkness! It will be a big threat? No, it will be an anticlimax! I don’t turn to entertainment for exhaustion, I turn to it for illumination!..

8. ninamags says:

So if supernatural help, as it were, is going to be needed, then they better bring back Gabriel, Balthazar, hell even Zachariah would be welcome.

Looking forward to season 11!!!

9. Drew says:

Sounds cool so far. Hoping that it is better than the Leviathan story.
    I’d like to see some more stand-alone monster stories again too. We’ve kinda lost those recently.
    And I am hoping that Crowley really is dead. He’s outlived his welcome as far as I’m concerned. Hell should be A. scary and B. a prison… which is what it is. It shouldn’t be comic relief or somewhere that anyone enjoys being, especially those who have to go there!

10. Death has tested Dean numerous times. He may well have tested Dean in the S10 finale. I mean–would you give Dean Winchester a weapon that might end humanity as we know it, with his brother’s life at stake? I don’t think Death is dead–and I think he’ll show up again around Sweeps. I loved the careful doling out of the MoC arc, so glad they didn’t short it the way they did Demon Dean–but it is time to have the brothers be 110% brothers again fighting the big bad. Please, please be truthful about a callback to S1!

11. Przy takim ogrzewaniu, wracamy do domu i mamy w nim cieplutko a naszym jedynym obowiązkiem jest regulacja oraz opłacanie rachunków.

12. silverpetticoatreview says:

I feel the show is really lacking in female characters. I think it would be awesome if they brought back Ellen and Jo. :)

• Sajel says:

This show isn’t about kick ass female characters. They’re more supporting actresses.

The story revolves around two men and an angel, throwing a girl into the mix just makes it hard.

Look what happened with Jo, She was supposed to be the female Dean and from what I saw, the fandom was pretty well divided between love and hate.
      Now it’s the same with Charlie, i thought everyone liked her but, and in my opinion too, she became so obnoxious and I’ve seen many fans bagging her out and not at all thrown by her death.

The only good female character they’ve had is Sheriff Mills and now Donna.

We don’t need girls in this show, we need sexy kick ass women. Abbadon and Rowena, women who get so much more glory and love then say Jo.

13. Dean, Sam, and Castiel all of the same page, working together for a common cause? This is gonna be awesome! No more secrets between the brothers, nothing that will threaten to tear them apart. I can’t wait!

14. Al says:

I’m so happy with the brothers finally coming together! May they stay that way, please!

15. Josh says:

Because Supernatural fans tend to do this whenever anyone has a show with angels or even demons.

The Darkness = The First from Buffy

:P

• Drew says:

At least it might be done right this time. The Buffy writers really f-ed up that last season. The intro of The First was solid, and it was cool up through “Conversations with Dead People”, but then it quickly became apparent that they had no idea how to write a story about a villain that Buffy couldn’t physically fight, so it became a horrible, twisted, ugly mess, right through the finale.
      Supernatural riffed Buffy last year, with the rodent Witch, and killing Charlie in pretty much the same scenario as Jenny Calendar. So maybe this will be like The First… But better.

16. Phyllis Miller says:

I hope Crowley’s not dead,one of my favorite characters.

17. Missy says:

Sounds really GREAT! It’s been a long time since the boys were on the same page regarding how to dispatch(or if to, at all) of a bad buy.

Fan favs will be back? I’m curious who.

BringOnSeason11 :D

18. Katie says:

Oh gosh, I’m so excited to see all the boys working together! Cas has been shipped off by himself for three years, I can’t wait to see him interact with Sam and Dean more regularly. My favorite scenes are the friendships there. When it comes to returning characters, the only ones I really care about are Charlie and Kevin. I know most people hope for Bobby, but though I loved Bobby, I really felt like he had served his purpose, and his death episode was so beautiful that it would feel like moving backwards. If he was still around Dean and Sam would be differing to him, but Sam and Dean are at ages where they need to make their own decisions. I think it’d be cool to see Ellen and Jo, but I wasn’t HUGE fans of them, so if they can’t come back that won’t be the end of the world for me. But Charlie and Kevin actually died because of Sam and Dean’s selfishness, and so I think they actually deserve to come back.

19. I was really sick of the never-ending struggle between Dean and Sam. It’s been at least 5 seasons that one of the Winchester is down while the other try to rescue him. I really hope they will team up once and for all !
    With the Darkness and the mythology the Darkness implies, season 11 can be one hell of a season ! Don’t mess that up please ! Season 10 was a purgatory, except for some rare good episodes !

20. Nick says:

I’m almost certain that fan-favorite means Chuck and Gabriel. Maybe even Lucifer? Of course, fans go nuts for like every recurring guest star on this show.

21. Sara says:

Sometimes they are pretty combative with some questions.

22. Kingmose1 says:

I will never forgive them for killing off Bobby, and I really liked Charlie. In fact, wouldn’t it be nice to have a female character actually survive to the end of the series? Watch out Jody Mills, the last woman standing!

• Drew says:

There is also Claire and Krissy, both still alive and well. I would love to see Missouri come back.
      But really, it isn’t a male or female thing. Everyone does on this show.

• percysowner says:

Yes, everyone dies on Supernatural. The difference is that the only characters who survive are male. Cole, Crowley and Cas survive, Abbadon, Meg and Charlie die. It’s not that females die, it’s that females who recur die while men who recur stay alive.

• keithmo says:

I’ve noticed that too and I’ve wondered if there is a countdown clock for Jody Mills. I was troubled when they killed Charlie and I think they may cross a line if they kill Jodie.

• mike says:

I agree. It says a lot when the only women they have on the show play heinous, evil monsters or that after 11 seasons, there is only ONE woman that has survived. STOP KILLING OFF ALL THE FRICKIN’ WOMEN! Damn! (As you might have guessed, I took Charlie’s death pretty hard.) Also, bring back Kevin, Mrs. Tran, and Missouri Mosely. Loretta Devine did one episode as Missouri in season 1 and has left an indelible impression in the fandom.

• Steven says:

Yes, all female characters die while male characters survive except in nearly every episode where killers always successfully kills the male and somehow the female victim survives.

• Lauren says:

The preference on male survival over female didn’t stop all those male gods in the gods meeting to survive over Kali. How many gods were there, 10? And the only survivor was a female. Also didn’t stop psycho girlfriend from killing her boyfriend, her male best friend but somehow failed to kill the girl her boyfriend was cheating on. Also didn’t stop the uncle who was the only dead victim in that family that visited the hunted mansion. The list just goes on and on and on.

• Gail says:

This is stupid. Supernatural’s male death casualty is outnumbers female death casualty by a huge margin.

23. rich says:

I don’t care how or how they kill it’s a great show but we will miss charlie, Bobby, Castiel and John Winchester, they are all characters and who know Crowleys mother was so hot thanks guys please keep it going

24. Jess says:

I really hope they bring Gabe back… What other characters might return, I wonder?

25. André says:

actually why not reverse all destiny. it was almost clearly confirmed, that lucifer will come back so a) maybe he’ll team up with dean and sam against the darkness and b) and that would be a gread end, they find a way to bind the darkness again into a mark and lucifer is the one who will hold it – as it always should have been. BUT and that’s a huge point : I’d be very disappointed if the winchesters could fight the darknes WITHOUT GOD.. clearly that would be a bit too much and very very hard to explain. like the other comments showed, the first time god had to team up with all his angels and even death to defeat it.. so it would be ridiculous if they could do it with some sort of divine weapon they find after a few clues .. like .. they do all the time somehow.

• percysowner says:

I totally agree that I don’t want God to appear. Lucifer and Michael returning would be fine, as long as Sam isn’t possessed again. Gabriel I’d love to see return. I’d even take Raphael back, But It don’t want God to be part of the show.

26. alyssa says:

Scanned through many comments and I’m wondering…Am I the only one chanting “ADAM, ADAM, ADAM!” In the 200th episode, they had that quick mention of Adam at the end of the musical, specifically pointing out that Sam & Dean had forgotten that they left their half brother locked in a cage with Lucifer for the past 5 years. It completely opens up the opportunity for them to get Adam back!
    Don’t get me wrong, I really want to see other characters like Ellen, Jo, Rufus, and Papa Winchester, but Adam was really the only character I feel had SO much more story to tell. C’mon boys, go get Adam! Surely he’s learned a few tricks while playing host to Michael.

27. Kat says:

The thing is (in theory) is they could bring back any Angel or Demon (Gabriel, Meg, Ruby – but um no thank you!) with a new actor because of the whole vessel thing. However, that ia not necessarily a good thing. I think it would break my heart if Gabriel came back as anyone other than Gabriel. He’s so damn CUTE with his badass self

28. Martha says:

I love Supernatural. It’s amazing that Sam and Dean still look as good as season 1. I’d like for you to bring Bobby and Kevin back. I also love Cas. D J Quarrels was outstanding too.

29. Terra Renee says:

Crowley won’t stay dead. He never does, no matter what happens. After all, he FINALLY took complete control of Hell. He just needs to off that snide mother of his.

30. Kiki says:

After hearing that about the return of fan favorites, I’m really hoping Kevin, Gabriel, Chuck and Lucifer are back. Charlie too.
    Kevin and Gabriel are my top picks. I just love them. Mrs Tran is pretty kiss-ass too

31. Melanie says:

Bring back Charlie and Bobby! Please!love them both!

32. Violet says:

I’m still in the first half of supernatural, but so far I would really want pap Winchester to come back, as well as ellen and jo. At first jo was an okay character because of how immature she seemed, but as the show progressed I felt she has become pretty bad ass. JO’S DEATH GOT ME GOOD…. it was a spoiler, but I still want jo back really badly. BRING JO BACK TO LIFE PLEASE!!!!