Comic-Con

Mike Tyson Teases Mysteries Season 2, Reveals Role in 'Iconic' Madonna Video: 'I Look Like a Savage'

If you told me last week that my Q&A with Mike Tyson would rank among my favorite moments from Comic-Con 2015 I would’ve laughed in your face. But one of my favorite moments it was.

Not only did the artist formerly known as Iron Mike dole out fresh intel about Season 2 of his eponymous Adult Swim ‘toon Mike Tyson Mysteries (premiering this fall), but he dropped a massive — and potentially controversial — scoop about the video he recently shot (presumably) for Madonna’s upcoming Rebel Heart Tour. (Tyson is a featured performer on the album’s “Iconic” track, which is rumored to be No. 1 on her tour setlist).

“It’s just intense,” he tells me of the footage he filmed, which he admits he might catch some “slack” for. “I’m in a cage. I’m a hostage. I’m chained. I’m naked. I look like a savage. When I [shot] it it didn’t seem that intense. But then you watch it and go, ‘Whoa.’ It was like [something out of] National Geographic… I need to be tamed, man.”

And then Tyson concluded the interview by thoughtfully, movingly explaining how the “right intentions” have helped fuel this remarkable second act in his career.

Press PLAY above and then share your thoughts about the Q&A in the comments!

1. JWB says:

A convicted rapist and accused serial abuser. Tyson is worse than Cosby. Why is Tyson getting a free pass from the media and the public? Shame on tvline for trying to shine a positive light on a guy who doesn’t deserve it.

• Lizo says:

Right?!? I feared I was going to be the only one commenting on this. Tyson is coming to a convention this summer I always go to, and I’m disgusted with it. Why has society given him a pass?! We continually do this for men who rape and abuse women.

2. Tori Coop says:

Why does this rapist keep getting attention?

3. Lizo says:

Well I’m glad you had a delightful time with the rapist, Ausiello.

4. Unlike Cosby, Tyson was convicted and went to prison. So put down the pitchforks.

• Patrick says:

Exactly. Yes, he committed some heinous crimes. For which he was convicted and sent to prison. He paid out a lot of money as a result of civil lawsuits. Further, he seems to have been on excellent behavior in recent years. That is the basis of our criminal law system. Once you are punished, you get to start over. He has, literally, served his debt to society. If anyone chooses not to watch anything he is involved in, as a result of those past actions, fine. That is certainly your prerogative. But, not that he has been punished by the legal system, I am fine with watching his very entertaining and funny show.

• Loo Eli says:

Well sadly there is overwhelming evidence that literally hundreds of people are in prison for crimes they didn’t commit. In the case of Mike Tyson It must also be noted that two of the jurors, when asked months later about the verdict, admitted that they would never have reached a guilty verdict had all the evidence and facts been brought to their attention during the trial. I never believed it happened from the beginning….but like Mike also said in his one man show, without a doubt he has done things as bad or worse that that which would have deserved jail time if caught.

• This exactly. I used to feel the same indignation about Tyson’s conviction as a lot of people, but once I actually read the details about the actual evidence and his farce of a trial, I became convinced of his innocence. People are quick to trust the system, as they should, but when something like this happens, they should at least read about it.