Comic-Con

Grimm @ Comic-Con: Juliette's Fate Confirmed, 'Major Problems' for Monrosalee and More Season 5 Scoop

Grimm Comic-Con Panel

Grimm fans — at least those holding out hope for Juliette’s revival — were dealt a crushing blow Saturday during the show’s panel at San Diego Comic-Con.

When asked if there’s a chance Nick’s true love can be brought back to life, executive producer David Greenwalt didn’t even hesitate before simply replying: “No.” (For what it’s worth, this answer came after fans were shown footage of Juliette’s funeral from the Season 5 premiere.)

But Greenwalt also dropped some good news about the upcoming season: “At last, we’re going to explain the damn keys! We still don’t know what they do, but by God, we’re going to explain it.”

Read on for each of the stars’ teases for their characters’ futures:

* David Giuntoli promised “a lot of revenge” from Nick in Season 5, though he’ll also have his hands full doing some “bizarre” co-parenting with Adalind. “He lost his girlfriend, he lost his mom … and the baby is kind of the reason for him to keep going,” Giuntoli said.

* Hank will (allegedly) find true love this season, a revelation which came as quite a surprise to Russell Hornsby, mid-panel.

grimm-rosalee* Bree Turner teased that skeletons from Rosalee’s past will cause “major problems” for her and Monroe: “Rosalee came onto the scene very guarded, dealing with a past of addictions, and that’s been shelved for good reason. … I think her addictions [are about to] come back into the story.”

* “I’ve heard it’s going to be a hard freshman year for me,” Reggie Lee said of Wu’s new in-the-know status.

* The Royal Family “won’t be as much of an issue” for Renard in Season 5. “That’s been quelled for the time being,” Sasha Roiz confirmed. “There’s a lot of political opportunity for [Renard] coming up, at least regionally. We’re getting back to a lot of the mythology of Season 1.”

* “This baby is all she’s got in the world,” Claire Coffee said of Adalind. “She’s lost her powers, again, but I think this time the focus will be the baby and finding a job. She’s a lawyer — I assume a very capable lawyer. She’ll scour Craigslist for a few episodes.”

Your thoughts on Grimm‘s Comic-Con panel? Hopes and fears for Season 5? Drop ’em all in a comment below.

1. thisismenow says:

I didn’t see a sensible way for Juliette to come back. So this isn’t a shocker at all. At least they aren’t pulling some random loophole and pissing off people for being duped.

2. If the show makes it one more season after the current upcoming one, she’ll come back during sweeps period of that season (2017?).

3. wrstlgirl says:

Guess I didn’t think Juliettes death was in question. Seemed pretty dead to me, lol. Yay on back shelving the royal family stuff. I hated it.

4. BTM says:

I figured it was the case, but it’s still a disappointment. Juliette was a heart of the show.

• Tim CAMPBELL says:

Disagree. Juliette is just a part of the show. But losing her will not hurt anything. I think it will be better!

• angeline says:

I agree Juliette was this season unbereable and she hardly spend time with Nick so she practically was not really like missing being with Nick. Nick was mostly alone last season.

5. Suz says:

Finally she is gone! Never a fan of the character, or the actress. Bye!

6. Lianne says:

They found ways to fix all sorts of things on this show, but couldn’t find a way to bring back Juliette. And Adalind and Nick co-parenting? What the hell has happened to this show?

• Lea says:

It’s not that they “can’t” find a way to bring back Juliette. They don’t want to. And that’s something I agree with, dead characters should remain dead.

• prish says:

Well, this is a show that could have any wesen hop out of the earth, ready to go, based on some mythology in some book. I think the heart went out of having her character remain when she destroyed the original Grimm books. What better way to get all on board for the character to leave then to have her destroy THE BOOKS written by our beloved Grimm fairy tale authors. That was a dastardly deed! I couldn’t believe it and was ready to bang on the TV, screaming, “NoNoNo”. The writers made her too mean to stay, in the husband’s opinion. The husband kept saying he could not relate to her, anymore. I was sorry they took the character that direction, instead of being one of the team. However, everything became so complicated they had to simplify. I get it.

7. Crystal says:

I’m disappointed in what they did with Juliette. They could have made this badass storyline with her but instead they took the evil route.

• JC1 says:

Exactly.

• Alichat says:

This. Hated that storyline. They could have done so much more with it, and they went the lazy route. Once they’d gone too far with it, I just wanted her dead.

• Laura E. says:

Exactly. I’m not sorry Juliet’s dead, but I am sorry she had to be dead.

• Rich Zade says:

Agreed, there was so much promise with her knowing all about Nick being a grimm at last. Sad it had to take the wrong turn. I thought the idea of her being somehow mysteriously turned into a hexenbeast, let lone a super powerful one was a bit thin to start and then making her become the anti Julliette was so cruel it really hurt. Guess she wanted out of the series. Sad, I wonder what this will or has done to their off screen relationship?

• Alice says:

I am not sure she wanted out. The writers just went too far with this unfortunate story line.

8. Britt says:

That co-parenting storyline is like someone is forcing their childish fanfiction down our throats.
    I think it’s an embarrassingly bad plot.

• I agree completely. The writers laid a massive turd with that one and, sadly, I suspect they all think it was absolutely GENIUS! Sorry, I didn’t sign up for a soap opera with this show.

• JC1 says:

Agreed. Along with the complete character assassination of Juliette, it all feels like something out of some horrible character-bashing fanfic, where the writer turns the character they don’t like into an evil person and then kills them off in order to pair up their favorites. :( No thank you.

• SZ says:

Yes! This! I am one of the few who liked Juliette until they turned her into an evil monster. It reeks of fan-pandering and feels exactly the same as what the Sleepy Hollow writers did to Katrina (although I didn’t like her character but her exit was clearly contrived and poorly written). I am rapidly losing interest in a show I once loved. The writing has just become lazy and shoddy.

• prish says:

The husband loves Claire Coffee’s delivery. He considers her comic turn with the character an asset to the show. He keeps saying the show needs more of her light touch. I had to admit her “I used to be a lawyer.” line was a hoot. I’m looking forward to the job hunting scenes.

• JenJ says:

I personally am kind of looking forward to this new dynamic with Nick and Adalind. I liked Juliette a lot, especially after the first season where she was so annoying, I kept wanting to throw a brick at her. But she kind of grew on me when she became one of the Scoobies and was in the know about everything. It became obvious, though, that once she turned into that evil witch and destroyed not only the books, but actually assisted in killing Nick’s mom, she had jumped the shark and was lost to the show. I know she supposedly didn’t realize exactly how her buddies were going to deal with Nick’s mom, but she wasn’t naive, and she had to have known they were full of evil intent, and I frankly lost all sympathy for her. I don’t know where the writers plan to go with this new parenting story, but I think it could prove interesting. And I am so glad they are through with the Royals, at least for now, I was so sick of them.

9. nate says:

No trubel scoop?

10. JC1 says:

I figured Juliette was really dead, but I did have some small glimmer of hope that they might somehow fix the mess they made in the last few episodes, even though I couldn’t see how they possibly could. :( But this just confirms for me that I’m out. It should have been Adalind that was killed off (and no second pregnancy), not Juliette, and I have no interest in watching Nick and Adalind try to co-parent a child.

11. Hodan says:

I can’t stand Juliette. So, I am glad the witch is dead. Finally!

• Tim CAMPBELL says:

Totally agre3! It’s all about her. Her this and her that. Then she goes and burns the trailer down. She definitely needs to go. Hands down!

12. Tanya says:

Oh thank the TV Gods … I hope they NEVER EVER EVER try to bring Juliette back, not even in flashbacks … The Juliette character has been the wink link for me since the beginning and she was actually the reason I almost stopped watching during this last season …. Let Nick deal with being a Grimm without her constant annoyance

13. Nicole says:

I’m wondering then at he end of the series what the happily ever after will be for Nick. So much of the series was put into developing their relationship and assumed that in the end they would find happiness. Now what?

• alex says:

I agree, they should of killed off Juliet at the end of season 1. Not drag out her story only to kill her in season 4.

14. Deion says:

I’m pretty sure that Renard is king. Not sure why the Royals are being shelved when they plan to reveal what they want the keys for.

15. Lynn David says:

Dead does seems to mean dead in the world of Grimm, so I did not expect Juliette to come back as the person Juliette. I did wonder if they might have a thing wherein Adalind might manifest Juliette from time to time because of the prior spell (since the baby was conceived when Adalind was Juliette). Perhaps it might come over Adalind uncontrollably when she is under stress. I figured the first time, which would come as quite a surprise to Nick, should occur when Adalind goes into labor with the baby.

16. Tim CAMPBELL says:

This reading of what’s coming out sounds great. The 2 season has mainly been focused on Juliette and Adaline. And really not focused on the concept of the show and that’s the Grim. The last 2 seasons strayed away form that . I even though watch it, but it seemed more of a Juliette/ Adaline show. Good to watch but very irratating. And when is Trouble coming from back?

17. John NYC says:

Juliette’s truly dead? Not welcome news.

Adalind and Nick? Phenomenally bad idea.

18. piebokou says:

Well no more people complaining about Juliette :p kind of waiting for this Adalind – nick ship :D

19. Audrey says:

Hurry up October,that is all I have to say, I sit and re watch Grimm at least once a month, and sooo happy Juliet is gone.. Wish nick’s mom was back, but.. I can say I am Addicted to Grimm, just love it..

20. can says:

I’m so glad Juliette is staying dead. I couldn’t stand the character and I stopped watching the show on a regular basis. Nick and Adalind do have chemistry (something Nick and Juliette were sorely lacking), but I don’t think they will get together.

It’s funny how people call out the storyline of raising the kid as fanfic, but totally missed the fanfiction of Juliette’s entire storyline from season one to present: she was the ultimate Mary Sue. :)

21. Kristina says:

I have mixed feelings about Juliette being gone. I feel like the writers did her character a huge disservice this season, and by the end I was ready for her to go. But I hated the way it happened. I guess we’ll see what they have next for us, but I’m more skeptical going into this season than I’ve ever been.

22. Lou says:

Nick co-parenting with Adalind? Yuk, it’s forcing the issue. Why kill off the one who really was loyal and steadfast and who was an unwilling victim? Why reward the primary perpetuator of the trials and tribulations (Adalind) with life and a kid? Lazy and abrupt writing. There was a lot more to the Juliette story to be told. A lot of loose ends. Sorry, you lost me. Bye Grimm.

• Astrid says:

Absolutely mate!

• Kingmose1 says:

I love the show but I agree. If Nick and Adalind end up together I will be hugely disappointed. The destruction of Juliette’s character seemed pointless, and then to have Nick fall for Adalind would be X-Files season 9 level awful.

• MJ says:

I couldn’t have said it better myself. They did all the wrong things last season. I say bye as well.

23. Sarah_ says:

Great news I feel sorry for Nick..he always loses the people he loves but Juliette was annoying.
    Can’t wait for season 5 :)

24. AnnieM says:

Well….I too figured Juliette was DEAD-dead. I am in the seemingly small minority of those who liked her. I wish they would have had her stay Wesen, but not go evil, as that would have been WAY more interesting. And Adalind – I think I am her only fan; I love Claire Coffee’s performance – she’s hilarious. She has often made Adalind remind me of Wile E Coyote.

25. Preacher Book says:

Juliette’s death had to be a done deal. She set the trailer on fire, got his mother killed (that is a real loss for the Grimm narrative) and then slept with his chief enemy, not to mention almost killing Nick and all friends and allies. There are just some things you don’t walk back from.

26. Steve says:

whats going on with Trubel?? I hope they keep her!

• JenJ says:

I, too, like Trubel, and hope that she stays around. I hated it when she left before, I thought she and Nick had a great big brother, little sister relationship and it was fun having her around. But I can see that there is something else going on with her, she’s hiding a secret, and I wonder what that will be?

• KansasGuest says:

Trubel’s secret has to do w/the Wesen FBI agent, Chavez, who appeared in the last shot of the season finale episode.

27. Television says:

YES! DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD! This is what I have been wanting from the start. She is a terrible actress. She doesn’t fit in with the excellent acting on the rest of the cast. And hey, Nick was warned about her in the pilot!

28. Rich Zade says:

Sad to see Juliette go. I liked her a lot in her old role. I assume this leaves more space for Trouble and for Adalind? Sounds like an interesting next season!

29. Sheila says:

I was Roselee and Monroe would have child it would be interesting to what it would look like .

30. nicole schmitt says:

a least trubel is back

31. KansasGuest says:

I was hoping Nick would pull an ace in the finale and call in Diana’s Hexenbiest Glamma Renard to rescue her from the Royals, & put a stop to Juliet. But, that didn’t happen. Still hoping the character can be added on a recurring basis because I like her. Would like to see more of her and Meisner (for Adalind’s sake).

32. Honey Jackson says:

I really wish they didn’t “kill off”Juliette. The writers had plenty of other “directions”they could’ve gone down,and kept her alive!Nick loved her,and she,him! Why do all the TV shows have to make all the romantic couples suffer constantly,or worse,kill them off???It gets old,after awhile!

33. DanaR says:

Where is Theresa Rubel aka Trouble?? LOVE HER!!!!! Hope she returns in all the future episodes and seasons! 😎😎💚💚😎😎💚💚😎😎💚💚😻

34. mike brief says:

I thought that the keys were explained in earilier shows… seven keys total.. Nick has atleast three, and they make of map i black forest to hide some powerful source of power the original Grimms..(way back) seperated to hide from any single royal family???

35. Mary says:

What about Truble?
    Will she return to help Nick, or will he take revenge on her for killing Juliette?
    Whatever the case, she needs to stay on the show!
    I am glad that Juliette is gone, she got rediculous! I did not like her character and thought Nick needed to move on with someone new, and experience different things, for quite some time.
    Can’t wait to see what’s done about/with the keys.

36. Deb says:

Yup! I was kind of finished with her when she burnt his trailer and set Nick’s mom up… No turnin’ back after that…

37. Juicemomma says:

I live in the Portland area and have been a fan since the first show, I love seeing scenes where I recognize the landscape. Now the big BUT, I hate that they have killed off Jullette, and made Adalind powerless, and the thought of her having Nick’s baby and them parenting together, UGH!

38. Tom Paulson says:

I’m gonna miss Nick’s mom. I believe she had a lot of info to share and battles left to fight. I hope Trubel hangs around longer. Nick needs another Grimm as a tag team partner.

39. Sasha B. says:

Wait a second, did all of you forgot what a bitch Adalind was /is?! And despite all that damage that Juliette did I don’t think that she should be dead. I mean , it wasn’t her fault that she became evil (although I enjoyed seeing her like this “badass”), it was a side effect. It’s Nick’s fault and he hated her despite that only because of her he Is a Grimm again. I really can’t understand what the writers are trying to do with the show. But of Juliette is not back , I’m not watching Grimm anymore . Sorry..

40. A Bacchini says:

VERY glad Juliet is dead. I never liked her-she was a sniveling, whining pain in the a– before she became a hexenbiest. As a hexenbiest she was spiteful. I hope she stays dead!! Now get rid of Adalind. I want to see more of Truble – an interesting character with a lot of potential. You should somehow bring back Nick’s mother. But whatever you do keep the show going.

41. Deb says:

Juliette turned into a major whiner and I a glad she’s gone. Going back to myth would be great for season 5. Now find the missing kid and let’s see what she’ll do!

42. Karen DeFord says:

I miss Juilette, I like her better than Adaline….. Adaline’s personality gets a little tireing… To post much. Please bring Juilette back.